Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calling all December 2016 sleevers!

I had surgery dec 29th, I need someone to talk too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi! I had surgery the day before you did! How do you feel? How has it been going so far? I'm glad I found this group.

So far I'm struggling to get fluids in because it just won't fit. Since surgery I've only done about 22oz. Today I hit 38oz but that was literally because I did not put the cup down. All day. I don't know what to do next. I went for my follow-up 2 days ago and the doc said if it persists into next week, I should call him. Hope I don't have some kind of blockage.

Anyone else in the 2-3 week stall? I'm starting to feel really depressed. Just wondering if anyone else sleeved in December is past the stall and how and when it broke.

Me ???????? I was sleeved 12/12 I've been stalled since 26th December! 11 days and the scales haven't moved its so disheartening! I really dont know what im doing wrong! I lost 13lb in my pre op diet then another 17lb in the first 2 weeks then nothing at all!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved 12/16/16

julianfinallylosesit, Kellishanky I have hit that stall and mine lasted about 10 days .....crazy your eating almost nothing and I actually gained about 5 lbs but the scales finally started going down again and I have lost the 5 I gained so hang in there a lot of people say it is just readjusting!

How is everyone's one month post ops going !?! And diet changes ! I'm loving this soft food diet over the pureee that's for sure / I just had my one month and I'm only down 18 pounds but I'm feeling amazing

@@duvie75 I'm Dec. 19th. Still sitting at my surgery weight, but not giving up. I started with a BMI of 36, but because I'm so short, I have a little less than 60 pounds to go to goal. I know it will happen, but the weighting is hard. One day at a time. How are you feeling? I'm still a bit sore on the inside if I move around too much or get to "jiggling" in the middle, but starting to walk more, which is good.

@@2ndhalf Hello surgery date buddy!

I also had my surgery on the 19th but, haven't lost anything!!! Any ideas why not?

I'm in the exact same place as you. Same surgery date, zero weight loss. I lost a lot on the per-surgery diet and I only have just under 60 to get to my goal, so I understand those are two reasons. I don't know, but I think a stall can pop up after a period of loss so that our bodies can adjust to the changes taking place. I think I may just be lucky enough to have it happening to me in my first few weeks. Maybe you are having a similar experience? Look at it this way...you know you are eating fewer calories than required for your body to maintain your current weight, right? It logically follows that you WILL loose the weight. How much and how fast doesn't seem to a predictable time table. Just stick with it. I'd love to hear how you are doing now!

hey hey

I was 12/12 as well. At my 2 week dr appt I was down 16lbs and was a bit dissapointed - it then the dr pointed out that's more than a pound a day. Since then I have gotten on the scales once more and am down another 5 - but I don't entirely trust my scale, some days it's down and the next day it is up. So I decided to only weigh myself every Monday morning and not fixate. I'm following my post op diet for the most part. I am not going to say I have been perfect because that would be a lie- but I am tracking everything I eat and mostly sticking to my calorie goal of 1100 set by my dr. I was a little worried because I feel totally fine - I could eat anything and I feel fine ... I just can't eat a lot. So I have had to force myself and remind myself that I am on the Bariatric diet plan and stick to it as much as possible. I was beating myself up a lot, and then my friend pointed out that if I was eating 1100 calories any other time I would feel like I was doing a good job so I should be happy that I am sticking to that goal. I'm just impatient and want the weight to fall off - but it still takes time. They weren't kidding when they said the sleeve isn't a magic fix - now I understand, it's still up to me to make the right choices. Don't be depressed. Stick you your calorie goal and just push through it.

sorry it wasn't showing anything on the screen, I was sleeved Dec 14th and I have lost 30lb so far! I still can't eat anything quite solid yet. I made a mistake and tried to eat half a chicken wing and threw up. so it's back to pureed and Protein Shakes. I'm wondering when the swelling in my belly will go down. anyone still have a little?

I can't tell the difference between swelling and fat! lol

@@ambernoel at my one month post op today. Start soft foods next week and can't wait. Have had a couple bites of chicken and that was great. Feel great and down 25lbs from day of surgery and 37 lbs total. Keep pushing it everyday with walking and ready for next post-op visit and to get clearance from them on activity restrictions. I am type 1 diabetic and have cut my insulin use in half. Buddy up if you want to!