Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had gastric bypass Nov 7th 2016

Hi everyone I'm 6 weeks post op from the uk. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that still craves crap food as it does make me feel like I'm not goin to do this because I feel like there's something wrong with me to have this massive life changing gift but still have a fat mind, I think it's deffinatly a mental hurdle that we need to overcome and it is such a grueling routine of all the tablets drinkin enough and eating at the right time and the right foods when sometimes it feels impossible.I have kids too and sometimes I'm so busy that I skip meals without realising which is a bad habit to do but it's wt I did pre op. then I'm getting in to bad habits already of eating Crisps or chocolate because it doesn't hurt when it goes down which I feel is rediculous because I don't want to do this but I can't help myself and it makes me feel awful when I've eaten it it's not alot but it's still bad food.it would b so nice to b able to keep in touch with u all to support each other because sometimes ya just need to talk to someone in the same situation so ya know ya not goin crazy x

Sent from my SM-G920F using the BariatricPal App

Nadinexx, is hard not to think about all the crappy food when all day every day you are surrounded by it. You just have to have the will power and tell yourself that this new lifestyle we have chosen is the best thing for us so we can be around for a long time. Speaking about chocolate if you really like it and don't want to feel awful about eating it buy the sugar free Chocolate pudding they are good and it also help you with your Protein intake, si is a not guilt pleasure. The Greek yogurt Damon Okios light or zero (I like the zero and all ways add a scoop of gene pro best thing ever it help your Protein intake) not sure if you have the brand is also good. Don't worry you are not going crazy it's only been a few days since I have my surgery so am still in the full liquid diet.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

For years we have grown addicted to sugar and carbs. We are not going to lose the addiction over night. What I truly crave right now, is energy. Next to that, pizza. Lol This is not going to be an easy hurdle and I can't speak for you, but I can for me. I knew that from the get go. Consider it as the lifestyle change, we did this for our health and own well being. I have three dogs, almost as bad as three children. But their food stinks to me. Lol Good luck and we'll all get in the place we need to be.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the BariatricPal App

@@Mommyof4boys are you still in pain meds? I had my surgery 11/8 and stopped my pain meds the next day cause I felt sick and blah. Once I stopped it I feel much better. I'm 5 days out and was just able to eat some scrambled eggs. And yes!! The little Caesars pepperoni pizza commercial is KILLING me lol

I am just starting this journey and it's not easy, now I noticed that I want to cook everything I crave for my family and even thinking about making pies for thanksgiving. At least by then I will be purée and I will be able to taste turkey

If you are looking for a pumpkin pie substitute for the holidays I did a shake with 1/2 vanilla Premier Protein 1/4cup pumpkin, 1tbs light cream cheese and pumpkin pie spice....yummy

How are your incisions? My belly is all bruised. I have 5 one inch incisions around my belly

I got 6 incision. The doctor also fixed a hernia I didn't know I had. Moving between standing, sitting and laying down are the hard part's. I looking forward to going home

I just took some pain medicine after over doing my walk. But I was pretty much off for about 2 days, I haven't eat eggs yet. Only Greek yogurt, cream of chicken and of course liquids but let me tell you those pizzas comercial are not good for my cravings, I past a lot of my time looking at food my husband said I am torturing myself

It is normal I asked my doctor the same question my surgery day was Nov 8th and I have lost 33 lbs and for almost two weeks I saw the scale moving up and down and sometimes not move it all. So my first month appointment I asked her she said is normal. The one thing she recommend me was to increase my exercise level and she also clear me ( I have no restrictions)