Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December bypass buddies

@@Alexis halibut is one of the most dense fish so it's not surprising it's hard to tolerate. A month and half postop and I still can't handle even the lighter fish like catfish or cod in tiny bites :-(

@vegasGroove...Oops! I didn't really know that about Halibut. Sticking to chicken for a while. What Proteins do you eat?

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone. My surgery was 12/27. I'm just now getting past the pain in my side. It's still sore, but at least the stabbing pain is gone.

So weird how different diets are. I've been on soft foods starting two weeks out. It's lots of foods. Just no dense Proteins like kids e chicken breast or steak, no raw fruits or veggies, no nuts, no rice, Pasta or bread.

I'm ok with foods, but I've also over eaten a few times and been sick. I can eat only about two ounces over thirty minutes. Fish has been my friend. eggs don't agree with me, but it's not horrible. I still can't eat an entire scrambled egg.

Weight loss is great. I'm happy with that. But the best thing is to be rid of the pain. That will wear you out.

Sent from my KFTBWI using the BariatricPal App

Glad to hear i am not the only one having trouble with food. I am almost 6 weeks out and a lot of solid food makes me sick. I have terrible slime/foam....I think it is acid reflux. I am all about a new way of being but I am getting impatient with getting sick all of the time. Sometimes it is even with Water. Thanks for the good ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am totally with you! I went to my surgeon follow up 1/17 and had to confess to him that "nothing" sounded good any more. My Protein intake has plummeted. He was not happy, but I get sick with solids/puréed. I've gone back to my liquids. I am so tired of being sick after eating and of the "slimies" that I would much rather play it safe. I have never been to an emergency room but I sure have been tempted to go!! ???? #hatetheslimies

Edited by horse.rider

@@horse.rider I hear you. I can't get Protein in for anything. I finally called my nutritionist today and said, can I eat a Quest Protein Bar (I'm 3 1/2 weeks out). She was like - no because they have too many calories for the protein. So I told her that they are 200 calories for 20g of protein (the same as the shake guidelines). She said that was way too many calories. Then I said that I was worried because I was lucky to get in 600 calories a day (if I had a 200 calorie shake). She said - oh no, that's great.

How do you get to 60g of protein a day on 600 calories unless all you do is shakes. She wants me to do 2 shakes a day. So that would leave 200 calories for the rest of my meals? That's crazy, right? I'm exhausted and weak and I know it's because I don't have any nutrition right now. And it's been 5 weeks like this.

Anyway - I hate slimeys too. I only had one week of pureed foods because I stayed on Clear Liquids the first week after surgery. I guess my dr. is more open to other foods. I hope you find something you can tolerate soon.

@@TXJess your regimen sounds insane from your NUT. I think my Surgeon would be happy to have me said "anything" was palatable. I hope things get better for you. I was started on Nexium and feels much better! But I have to go and get unflavored Protein to put in my drinks/choices of meals. Sounds yummy

NR

@@dvallas my surgeon insisted I go to GNC and purchase the non flavored Protein and he also told me that they would work with me there on a more tolerable shake. He also placed me on Nexium for two weeks. I have been working so have been unable to make to GNC will go tomorrow :)

#nomoreslimies

I think this is a good suggestion, adding Protein power to food you can tolerate. Foods like yogurt, Soups, no sugar pudding, Sometimes I make a shake with almond milk. I think you should try just making your own shakes. Water, protein power (I've seen some good selections at GNC -- like a cinnamon one that tastes like Churro!) Check out powered Peanut Butter. I think the GNC brand is called Daily Powered PB. costco has one they are selling right now which is the more popular brand. 90% less fat, and 7 grams of protein to add to things... Good Luck!

You're lucky if you can eat chicken. chicken makes me nauseous. I can't eat it. I bought a bunch of turkey thighs after xmas and froze them. I cook them in my slow cooker and make delicious pulled turkey.

Alexis99 I'm too familiar with the feeling like you've eaten a bucket of cement! I saw my surgeon and even had labs and an abdominal ultrasound and everything looks great. Right now

I'm scaled back to stage 1 soft diet and eating tons of sugar free popsicles. I literally eat refried Beans for every meal. I'm also taking carafate which is like liquid chalk. Apparently we think something irritated my stomach and it's recovering?

I did try a piece of Trader Joe's turkey bacon and tolerated that.

So sorry for all of you not tolerating food yet. Bariatric Advantage has some Protein Soups that are good. I ordered these Protein Shots I'm getting tomorrow. In less than two ounces you get 20 grams of Protein. I'll update after I get them. I'm hoping it works since volume is my problem.

Sent from my KFTBWI using the BariatricPal App

Success!! I was able to tolerate turkey manwich!! So happy as fish was not working! tuna was a no go yesterday, major pain. And, I found a splendia brown sugar that I put on my sweet potato with cinnamon... Really satisfying. Funny how we are all different as to what foods we can tolerate.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

These 3 items (including the Yeti tumbler to keep Protein shake cold and not smelling like rotten milk) are life right now! post-305854-14851156122279_thumb.jpg