Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December bypass buddies

I've been asked to stop drinking Protein shakes or using powder. Get Protein from food. It's hard for sure. Most days I still need to top up with a shake. Cottage cheese has 16 grams for 1/2 cup (1%) Greek light and fit yogurt is 12 grams . Lentils have lots of protein. Ground turkey ( Chili with black beans)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

These 3 items (including the Yeti tumbler to keep Protein shake cold and not smelling like rotten milk) are life right now! attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1485115609.952776.jpg

@@Jill_Me tell me about the tilapia...Is it breaded?

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

The tilapia is not breaded, and it's delicious! The sauce that it is baked with is kind of salty, and I'm salt- sensitive but it is a nice treat. I cooked it up and had it with some sauteed kale with shallots. It was a very nice meal with a good amount of Protein.

Alexis99 I'm doing pretty good , except for developing severe abdominal pain last Thursday which continued thru weekend.

Dr got me in Monday, had no idea what was causing it.

What's going on. I'm down 50lbs. I'm losing more than a pound or two a week now. Normal?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@aftermath - congratulations! I'm close to down 40lbs since surgery. There doesn't seem to be a normal, everyone is different. My doctor and nutritionist tell me to focus on eating small portions, eating slowly and watching to keep a balance of Proteins, healthy carbs and fats — focused on real food. And exercise, which I try to do at least and hour of walking everyday, but if I can do more I tense cardio I try to do 30-45 mins in addition to the walking. Whatever you are doing keep it up - sounds like you are doing awesome!
@adam327 - take care and I hope your doctor helps you figure out what's giving you issues!

@aftermath - congratulations! I'm close to down 40lbs since surgery. There doesn't seem to be a normal, everyone is different. My doctor and nutritionist tell me to focus on eating small portions, eating slowly and watching to keep a balance of [mention=310120]adam327[/mention] - take care and I hope your doctor helps you figure out what's giving you issues!

Just did my three month w my surgeon. Down 58 pounds since surgery. He said that is very successful.

On 3/26/2017 at 6:31 PM, josetaveras86 said:

Is anyone else feeling like they can eat more than before I have a big fear of stretching my stomach and I have lately been eating bread and etc I'm stilling losing but it's been hard lately to stick with the diet

Noooo, I never touch bread and I stick to my diet. I can only say I drink regular juice and I even let that get watered down. Most juices I can't stand now though because they are so sweet!

On 3/26/2017 at 4:31 PM, josetaveras86 said:

Is anyone else feeling like they can eat more than before I have a big fear of stretching my stomach and I have lately been eating bread and etc I'm stilling losing but it's been hard lately to stick with the diet

NOOO, I haven't had bread or grains in 4 months!! I've been soldering on with the diet, in fact I have to force myself to eat!

Anyone else been watching Mama June's journey?

Just did my three month w my surgeon. Down 58 pounds since surgery. He said that is very successful.

I just did my 3 month too and down 52lbs. I thought I should've been down at least 60 but they said I'm right on track so I'll stop beating myself up and just keep at it!

I am currently down 70+ pounds and fitting into clothes I hoarded hoping to one day fit into them again! I am quite giddy!