Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December bypass buddies

Hi guys! Day 5 for me on full liquids. I finally passed gas and had 2 bowel movements!! Yay! I have been super concerned with Constipation because I know that's a side effect, but I have to say I think being on top of my Water has helped. However, I haven't really felt hungry or full it's very strange. I am just eating the amounts that are specified for my plan. I feel like since the surgery though I have cramping on both sides, not in the middle just on the sides. Anyone else experiencing this? And, I have a question for those of you this early out that are able to experience the feeling of fullness... What does it feel like, does it feel like how you felt full before? I'm wondering if my cramping is actually too much Water intake ? And it's a full feeling that I'm not used to??

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I have also wondered what the full feeling is like until the other night. I had probably an ounce too much of a ricotta bake, and I felt full. It's hard to describe but I knew I had taken a few too many bites. Last night I thought I was full after about an ounce, so I stopped. In a few minutes I was okay to eat a little more. I think I had just eaten too quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

@@Who'sThere, like you I do not know what it's like to feel full. I only eat when I feel hungry and then I stop after eating 3-4 oz then I no longer feel hungry but I do not feel full either (I hope this makes sense)

I'm thinking as time passes this will get better? When was your surgety? My lapband to rny was on Dec 7th.

@@dmw0621, my lapband to RNY was 12/15. And yes, I do understand.

How do you help the food not get stuck? Is there a medicine to take? I totally get not wanting food! It is so weird. Thank you for your response- I feel a bit better!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My doctor told me to take very very small bites and chew, chew, chew. Still not the answer but it's a start. Lol

I was told I could use oil, mayo, and stuff like that to help moisten the food.

Any kinds of dry meat will more than likely get stuck. chicken and turkey are the worst. Forget pork chops. Lol. At least for now.

Soup and chili are my favorite go to meals if I'm hungry and don't want any discomfort.

Hello all. I just had my surgery on December 29th. I'm excited.

Best of luck! Welcome to the losers' bench.

12/8 surgery date here. I ate too much tofu pudding at one time yesterday and the discomfort I experienced had my head spinning. Has anyone else had a bad post meal experience like this? The pain/nausea lasted about 30 minutes and I fell asleep afterward because of the exhaustion. Today I feel like I'm recovering from it.

12/8 surgery date here. I ate too much tofu pudding at one time yesterday and the discomfort I experienced had my head spinning. Has anyone else had a bad post meal experience like this? The pain/nausea lasted about 30 minutes and I fell asleep afterward because of the exhaustion. Today I feel like I'm recovering from it.

@Jill...Omg last night (Dec 27th surgery) I was close to going to ER. I may have eaten too much of my normal pureed meat and veggies. The pain was excruciating. It was all upper stomach. And I constantly felt like the food was stuck. You're are lucky though...Mine lasted 5 hours!! I kept making myself vomit hoping it would help, it didn't. Called surgeon today. If it happens again they will do upper GI. Right now, I'm going slow and Measuring! Hoping it is nothing to fret about. How was your experience?

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I am calling the dr tomorrow. Ever since that happened I haven't felt right. My friend thinks it may have been a gallbladder attack. I've also had light colored stools which could also be indicative of gallbladder issue ... which they say can happen from losing weight very fast.