Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tucks are almost never approved. Getting your panni removed (the skin and dat that hangs over the groin) might be. You usually need a history of health issues like yeast infections and skin breakdown. If you can, I would start going to the doctor soon after surgery complaining about the yeast infections and such to establish a history. When it comes time to remove the skin you can use that history to try and push the panni thru.

HW 385 SW 359 CW 335 (50lbs down!) Sleeved 10/5/16

Tummy tucks are almost never approved. Getting your panni removed (the skin and dat that hangs over the groin) might be. You usually need a history of health issues like yeast infections and skin breakdown. If you can, I would start going to the doctor soon after surgery complaining about the yeast infections and such to establish a history. When it comes time to remove the skin you can use that history to try and push the panni thru.

Thanks for sharing that info. Im curious, do you think it's better if the hygiene complaints with the primary start before or after surgery? Or does it make any difference?

Sent from Dee~Dee via BariatricPal

I, personally, woukd wait until after the surgery so that it can be atributed to the weight loss rather than your normal body. But its up to you.

Yes! I got a Tummy Tuck and panni fully approved by my insurance. I've been so pleased with the results. I just called my insurance company and found out what their requirements were to have it covered and I made sure I met them. When we sent it for approval it came back in 3 days as approved. The only requriements were 4 months of visits with my pcp documenting other treatments tried and failed (ie,creams, medications, etc), be at least 18 months post op, and have a surgeon submit photos.

Yes! I got a Tummy Tuck and panni fully approved by my insurance. I've been so pleased with the results. I just called my insurance company and found out what their requirements were to have it covered and I made sure I met them. When we sent it for approval it came back in 3 days as approved. The only requriements were 4 months of visits with my pcp documenting other treatments tried and failed (ie,creams, medications, etc), be at least 18 months post op, and have a surgeon submit photos.

If you dont mind... What insurance do you have? What issues did you have that made it medically nessisary? I am sure there are many of us who just deal with the issues that come with being obese, but if we knew that they could possibly be considered pre reqs for surgery, we would go to the dr about them.

If you dont mind... What insurance do you have? What issues did you have that made it medically nessisary? I am sure there are many of us who just deal with the issues that come with being obese, but if we knew that they could possibly be considered pre reqs for surgery, we would go to the dr about them.

I have highmark blue cross blue shield. Honestly I didn't have a ton of issues. Just a little chafing, etc when I ran. My PCP did a really good job of advocating for me in my visits.

I have a history of Hidradenitis suppurativa sores in my armpit, under my breasts, at the waistline and in the groin. They cause me a fair amount of pain. I also have a lot of chaffing and Keratosis pilaris bumps on my inner thighs. Hopefully insurance will cover the surgery needed to fix these issues as they will only get worse as the skin sags more.

I have a history of Hidradenitis suppurativa sores in my armpit, under my breasts, at the waistline and in the groin. They cause me a fair amount of pain. I also have a lot of chaffing and Keratosis pilaris bumps on my inner thighs. Hopefully insurance will cover the surgery needed to fix these issues as they will only get worse as the skin sags more.

Seems like that is a significant problem for you. I would just be sure to document, document, document!