Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It felt like death was coming

A bit dramatic, eh? I bought a hot chicken Sandwhich from Sheetz. I was picking the chicken ( grilled not fried) and cheese off the bread. I consumed a little less than 1/2 of the chicken and cheese. I get about 20 miles down the road and my stomach rolled hard. My chest tightened, I was wavering from sweats to clammy. I felt the food rise up. I was trying to make it to the next rest stop however that was not to be. I spent the next 65 miles stopping, expelling the food, then going about 5-10 miles and repeat. It took 3.5 hours to make a 2 hour drive home. I seriously thought I was dying at one point. I pulled bunch of muscles. I am thinking it was more like bad spoiled food than over eating. Lesson Learned. I will not forget to pack my safe friendly food again. I still feel like poop as I lay here in bed with hot packs.

I've never heard of Sheetz before, but it sounds like fast food and fast food is tricky. A lot of things seem to set peoples' stomachs off after surgery. Might have been a sauce, or maybe the cheese...who knows. I have some safe go-to things now for when I have to resort to a meal out. Taco Bell pintos & cheese and a side of chicken or steak, and a side of green Beans and chicken or mushroom chicken at Panda Express. Those both work well for me.

It sounds like you had a dumping episode, throwing up soon after eating, cold and clammy with sweats, then real bad tiredness.

I had those too, after eating beef, and scrambled egg on another occasion.

Feeling the food rising up was unpleasant/scary enough, let alone throwing it all up, soon after eating.

I was laid out for hours after those episodes.

I haven't touched beef since, and the only eggs I have are soft boiled eggs.< /p>

Other meats are OK, strangely enough.

I hope you feel better soon!

And perhaps don't touch this type of food for a couple of months or more.

I've never heard of Sheetz before, but it sounds like fast food and fast food is tricky. A lot of things seem to set peoples' stomachs off after surgery. Might have been a sauce, or maybe the cheese...who knows. I have some safe go-to things now for when I have to resort to a meal out. Taco Bell pintos & cheese and a side of chicken or steak, and a side of green Beans and chicken or mushroom chicken at Panda Express. Those both work well for me.

Will they give u a side of chicken or steak at Taco Bell

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

Really? I didn't think of dumping. I've eaten chicken and cheese with no problem, maybe it was how it was prepped. Oh well! Any ways that sucked horribly regardless of the cause! Like I said in my previous post, I won't be forgetting my foods again.

Sheetz is a gas station chain that has a full menu/kitchen for subs Sandwhich es fried crap and specialty coffees and other beverages. They have been expanding to cover more health conscious choices. My Sandwhich was only 280 with 17 grams of Protein. Since I don't eat the bread, the calories would be a little less but I still count the whole amount.

Yup! Try it sometime. They always put it in the same container as the pintos & cheese, when I order it.

sounds like dumping, but maybe it was food poisoning from eating at a gas station.

sounds like dumping, but maybe it was food poisoning from eating at a gas station.

food poisoning isn't that quick. Yes Sheetz is a gas station but don't be thinking Turkey Hill. These are nice and clean. The food is made fresh, not pre-packaged. It is more like a glorified deli, convenience store that happens to have gas than a gas station. They have touch screen ordering and you fully customize your drink or sandwich. You go and pay while they make your food fresh. They are really busy so food does not tend to sit for ages.

Their bathrooms are nice, clean and high end. I would not associate Sheetz with food poisoning.

In my area we only have a few Sheetz. We have WaWa instead. They are pretty much a similar model.

Both WaWa and Sheetz are way more upscale than you would picture when you say gas station. I think both of them are a step up from Royal Farms.

Therefore I am not thinking food poisoning.