Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disgusted/grossed out by meat

Was in the process of making turkey meatballs and suddenly got turned off by the thought of trying to eat them. After that happen couldn't stomach anything but a SF Popsicle. Anyone else feels this way? One month post op btw.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had an aversion to eggs for months. I threw them up in the soft food stage, and it took until around 7 months before I could even try them again.

It might be the texture, or the smell or the look, but aversions are easy to develop in the early days.

It will pass, hopefully sooner than my aversion did.

I have Ben s vegetarian for years. I have even considered going vegan now that I have had my sleeve surgery. Remember that you can get Protein in other ways. Contact your nutritionist and get some ideas.

I just got to add ground beef and turkey this week (Week 7 post-op). I wouldn't have been able to handle it after one month at all. Try again in a couple of weeks and see if they work for you.

I was cleared for "mushy" after my first two weeks and on the menu were turkey meatballs. I was ecstatic. I chewed it to within an inch of its life before swallowing of course, and I found that meat sat heavier and took a little longer to digest at first. But I was really happy to be eating something more normal, personally.

Then again, I never experienced the effect a lot of people talk about, where my taste buds changed or I started disliking things I liked before. I think the only thing I've experienced is a "refined sugar detox" where I don't have a physical craving for that kind of stuff anymore. I still get the occasional mind-nagging about it, but that's easy enough to ignore now. Especially because I don't feel hungry.

I couldn't eat meat for months after. I'm not 6 months post op and still not into it as much as I was before I used to love chicken now can't look at it. I told my surgeon he said it's totally common for the first months to have a problem with meat especially because it's very heavy on the new stomach. I learned to love fish been having salmon all the time lately

I'm hoping it doesn't take as long as some to get back to meat. meat has always been my favourite thing on my plate. In fact, I did a "keto" died that was actually just me being a carnivore. I shunned fruits and vegetables for 18 months and lost 100 lbs. Sadly, beer crept back in first, and before I knew it I was eating grains and carbs again and gaining weight.

If the thought of raw meat in your stomach makes you sick, we probably can't be friends. I like steak as thick as a baseball and cooked blue rare, basically just warmed up on the outside.

I have zero desire to eat meat. Veggies and salad are all I want. I told my NUT and doctor about this today and they said it is a very normal occurrence. I try to incorporate meat into salads. Taco salad with ground and seasoned turkey has been my go to.

I'm hoping it doesn't take as long as some to get back to meat. meat has always been my favourite thing on my plate. In fact, I did a "keto" died that was actually just me being a carnivore. I shunned fruits and vegetables for 18 months and lost 100 lbs. Sadly, beer crept back in first, and before I knew it I was eating grains and carbs again and gaining weight.

If the thought of raw meat in your stomach makes you sick, we probably can't be friends. I like steak as thick as a baseball and cooked blue rare, basically just warmed up on the outside.

That is how I like my steaks also, but even reading it in text now turns my stomach. I am glad I no longer enjoy food. That was my problem to begin with. Lol

Oh, Hammer_Down, I hope our friendship isn't over! I've always loved rare/med rare beef and still love it in my head, but my stomach is on strike about ALL meat right now. I can't eat any of it without foaming and sliming and just having absolutely disgusting things happen to me. Beans and dairy are my mainstays right now, and I'm hoping to hell this is temporary!!

Was in the process of making turkey meatballs and suddenly got turned off by the thought of trying to eat them. After that happen couldn't stomach anything but a SF Popsicle. Anyone else feels this way? One month post op btw.

I'm almost 5 mos out and my stomach said 'oh, H*LL no' to all meat about 2 weeks ago. It's killing me...I love meat! I'm comparing this to my pregnancies, when I couldn't look at any raw meat without vomiting...that ended after the babies came. I'm pretending that when I get to goal, meat will be acceptable again. I hope :-/

And popsicles are my go-to stomach soothers, too :)