Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congratulations!

Congrats! 12/12!

Hey jennk1975...we have the same date. Good luck ...where are you from?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I live in Florida. How are you doing? I have lost 16lbs so far and ate mashed potatoes and cottage cheese without issue. I have been taking my 30m daily walks and drinking copious amounts of Water every day. So far every day is better than the previous one. Can't wait to get some variety in my diet!

How is your diet and recovery?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi all - checking in with those 2-3 weeks out. How is everyone doing? I'm down about 12 lbs since my surgery on 12/21, 32 lbs since I started the pre-op diet. I'm doing great with shakes, Soups and Water but struggling with the transition to "soft foods." I can only eat a couple bites before I feel like food is lodged in my throat - very uncomfortable! I also made the mistake of eating a few bites of real chocolate mousse (not sugar free pudding) yesterday and had diarrhea and a rapid heart beat. So, I guess I'd say I'm still learning my way. My pain and gas are completely gone now. Biggest complaint is ongoing fatigue. I feel like I'm sleeping all the time and yawning constantly at work! Not doing much exercise yet. Would love to hear how others are doing?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Seattle - I'll be two weeks out tomorrow. I had my post op appointment with dr. on Friday and they ok'd me to move onto soft foods, but to start with truly soft foods like eggs. So far, the only thing that made me sick was a Protein shake I think I drank too fast. Won't make that mistake again. I'm struggling to get enough Protein in. I'm still having a lot of pain in my side. Dr. said it would take a few more weeks to heal, but some people have a lot of pain.

I'm having to go back to work tomorrow. I actually had to work from home this past week because we have a huge meeting tomorrow at my office. I was really irritated, but my choices are to suck it up and attend the meeting (and do the pre-work), or get left behind as my company moves in a different direction. Anyway, I'm nervous about getting through tomorrow with the pain. Sitting makes it worse.