Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question for those further along than me. Earlier out, I could eat more. Even up to and past 6 weeks. But it seems the further I am out, the less I can eat before I feel resistance. I am now a little over 2 months out. Just wondering if this is abnormal thing? Is it just that my stomach is healing and the nerves are getting the feeling back? I mean, I'm not complaining. Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm almost 7 weeks. I feel like somedays YES I ate so well today - and I get to the end of the day and check MFP to see I've eaten 600 calories.

Some days I think I'm doing horrible, but my Protein and everything lines up better. I'm still learning, big time, but I don't think feeling less hungry is odd - 2oz of meat Protein is going to go much further than 2oz of Jello.

When you say you can eat less, do you mean of the same food? Like you could eat a 5oz Greek yogurt and now you can only eat half? Or you could eat 2oz of chicken breast and now you can't?

Is it consistently less or do you have hit and miss days?

If it's pretty consistent and with the same foods I would bring it to your surgeons attention because there is a small chance you could have a structure (a narrowing from scar tissue basically).

If somedays can eat more and some less or you can just eat less chicken than cottage cheese then yeah I would say it's pretty normal.

I have a question for those further along than me. Earlier out, I could eat more. Even up to and past 6 weeks. But it seems the further I am out, the less I can eat before I feel resistance. I am now a little over 2 months out. Just wondering if this is abnormal thing? Is it just that my stomach is healing and the nerves are getting the feeling back? I mean, I'm not complaining. Just curious

Are you eating denser, more solid food?

When you say you can eat less, do you mean of the same food? Like you could eat a 5oz Greek yogurt and now you can only eat half? Or you could eat 2oz of chicken breast and now you can't?

If it's pretty consistent and with the same foods I would bring it to your surgeons attention because there is a small chance you could have a structure (a narrowing from scar tissue basically).

If somedays can eat more and some less or you can just eat less chicken than cottage cheese then yeah I would say it's pretty normal.

Anything I eat, i now eat less of. Also, probably totally unrelated, I turn my nose up at ANY kind of meat. I just don't like it. I crave salad and veggies.

Are you eating denser, more solid food?

Solid. Have been for a while

Anything I eat, i now eat less of. Also, probably totally unrelated, I turn my nose up at ANY kind of meat. I just don't like it. I crave salad and veggies.

I would consult with your surgeon. There's always a small possibility of a structure and you want to rule that out.

I don't think the food preferences are related though. Make sure you're getting your Protein in!

At 2+ years out, I still have days where I feel like a bottomless pit, and days when I have to force 3-5 bites of something. I think it's normal, but get checked out just to be sure there isn't a problem. If there's not, enjoy it! It offsets the bottomless pit days ;)

At 2+ years out, I still have days where I feel like a bottomless pit, and days when I have to force 3-5 bites of something. I think it's normal, but get checked out just to be sure there isn't a problem. If there's not, enjoy it! It offsets the bottomless pit days ;)

Man, I could have written this post. There are days where I am ravenous and others I don't even hit my calorie goal. If I am below my Protein goal for the day, I just make a protein cake to hit that and call it a day.

Man, I could have written this post. There are days where I am ravenous and others I don't even hit my calorie goal. If I am below my Protein goal for the day, I just make a Protein cake to hit that and call it a day.

Gasp! What's a Protein Cake?

@@BigViffer,

How do you make a Protein cake and how much Protein is in a serving? How many carbs/calories? I'm trying to find a way to get in about 20 more protein grams a day.

Thanks!!

Ptotein cakes are real simple to make. One scoop of your favorite whey Protein Powder. Don't use any other kind but whey. They will suck! I personally recommend Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard just about any flavor or Protozyne Peanut Butter cookie powder. Add just enough soy based Creamer to make a batter. Add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, not soda!

Nuke that for about 25-30 seconds for a warm gooey lava cake. 40-45 seconds for a cupcake. I will also add a tablesppon of peanut butter before microwaving it and "ice" it with plain fage yogurt. The macros vary depending on what you make it with, but it will be at least 25 grams Protein. There are tons of recipes scattered throughout this forum and on the web.

From 2-3 months post op till 6 months post op, I just did not feel hungry, and I ate lot less.

I too wasn't big on meats t that stage, I ate mainly chicken, turkey and fish, yoghurt, few veggies, softer fruits.

When my stomach healed at 6 months, my hunger and appetite returned.

I can now eat veal, lamb and pork. Beef was an issue for me, I threw it up twice (minced beef), and I haven't touched it since.

At almost 8 months post op, I need to have regular meals again, and I definitely can eat more these days .... but still measuring my portions until I hit goal, then see my Dietician re maintenance.

Also, my weight-loss has really slowed down.

Good luck, and if the restriction is bothering you, please talk with your surgeon, just to make sure.

Just to pile on on the Protein cake part... I make mine with Syntrax Matrix and for the liquid I have used Water, milk, non-dairy milk (almond) and even sugar free Torani syrups. They are awesome!