Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the peeps who were 280-290 PRE OP...

60-70% is the average so there are people on both sides.

I lost 100% so someone else out there only lost 30%. You get out of it what you put in.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

On the day of surgery, I weighed 235. Today, I weigh 215. So, I've lost 20 pounds in 5.5 weeks. I'm just hoping to lose 3 pounds per week. I will be happy with that.

@@ML573663,

You’re getting some good news on this thread. Yes, it is possible to lose over 100 pounds your first year after getting the sleeve! It does not happen to everyone, but it can happen to you if things fall into place.

First, you need surgery to go well. You can get a good start by choosing a good surgeon and by following all of the pre-op instructions you are given and losing whatever weight you can before surgery. That helps surgery be safer, so you have a lower chance of complications, and it helps you have fewer side effects, so you can get focused on losing weight after surgery as soon as possible.

The main factor in how much you lose in the first year is…you. You will lose a lot more if you follow all your post-op diet instructions as you progress to the solid foods diet. If you rush the liquid and pureed stages or you do not get enough Protein or fluids, you’re more likely to have complications or to have trouble transitioning to solid foods.

After you get to solid foods, you can lose a lot more if you follow the diet instructions, including what to eat and how much to eat. You can also help yourself out by exercising. If you are one of those patients who is just itching to “progress” back to whatever got you into trouble in the first place, such as drinking alcohol or eating brownies or wings, you will probably not lose weight as fast.

Good luck!

I was 323 before a week and half liquid diet, 316 day of surgery now 7 months out I've lost 99lbs! So happy with my progress best wishes to you and your process.

HW 287. SW 264, CW 215

RNY 8/5/16

Total weight loss 72lbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Good work!!!!'

Yep. Doable

Hw 283

Surgery 3/23/16

Today 157 just 7 months post op wearing size small dresses and tops, 8 jeans

Me at my highest...

post-284996-14778858933762_thumb.jpg

Me now..... About 15 -17 to goal. post-284996-14778859747842_thumb.jpg

post-284996-14778867024028_thumb.jpg

Wow! What an inspirational thread!

I started at 295 and am down to 237 in 11 weeks. Almost 60 pounds. I still can't believe it! So, yes, 100 pounds definitely seems doable!

Totally doable look at my stats. Hit 100 lbs loss in Dec 2015.

Oh and no pre-op diet over my doctor does not do that.

Edited by twittymilk

What size were you?

What size were you?

I wore a tight 18 probably should have been a 20. I'm a 4 now.

Those pants in the picture were wide legged 18W

post-194772-14779687869523_thumb.jpg

Another fun pic

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477968739.282561.jpg

Another fun pic

You're my inspiration. I too started at 271, sleeved at 266 on 10/27, now I'm 254 just five days later. I'm 5'8. Looks like yoga really helped you. I'm hoping to get back into bikram yoga in the next month or so!

I was 295 pre-op. I am currently between 145-150. Had surgery 10/22/15 so just made my anniversary.