Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER SLEEVERS!

Heyyy! I got sleeved 9/13! was wondering how everyone sleeved around the same time is doing? I'm having some difficulties with food... i don't know how to deal.... anyone have any food suggestions? How is everyone feeling overall?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@cheneisew yeah, i'm off restricted diet but everything either bothers me or tastes nasty. I've been afraid to try salad. Will give it a shot tomorrow.

@@rolosmom7 its the same with me, i'm eating alot of Soup and turkey meatballs! Sick of both! What kind of pork and sauce do you eat? And does it hurt after you eat a few bites? Like three bites hurts me.

I had my surgery September 6, 2016 and I can only eat about 3-4 bites and then I'm done...I can drink Water and premier Protein drinks pretty easily. I'm down 35 pounds since surgery and 48 since pre op so I think I'm doing something right...good luck to everyone. Check out this website

www.insurenutrition.com I contacted them and they contacted my insurance and they are covering my premier Protein Drinks, chewable Vitamins and scar and stretch mark cream...check it out to see if you qualify

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hey all I was sleeved September 29th. Down 47# since preop diet started September 19th. Haven't gotten as much walking in as I had initially planned but much more active with the kids. I tried a free Yoga this morning and that totally sucked. As for food I am cleared for a normal diet and actually introduced fatoush salad last night with a few pieces of Shish tawook. No problems. I'd kill for a piece of fruit but holding off on that for now.

For the first weeks I had bad heartburn and my insides would bounce between Constipation or full on runs but that has settled down. Glad to see everyone progressing and I look forward to more updates and continued success.

Edited by migalo

@@cheneisew yeah, i'm off restricted diet but everything either bothers me or tastes nasty. I've been afraid to try salad. Will give it a shot tomorrow.

@@rolosmom7 its the same with me, i'm eating alot of Soup and turkey meatballs! Sick of both! What kind of pork and sauce do you eat? And does it hurt after you eat a few bites? Like three bites hurts me.

Brisket, smoked. Carolina style vinegar sauce. Just shred the meat really well. Mini meatballs are also good for me. But. I'm tired of them too lol.

Hello my fellow September sleevers,

Today marks 3 months for me and I'm feeling pretty awesome. I went from a high of 210 to 169. My bmi was 37 not its 30. I'm only a couple lbs from not being obese. My boobies and butt have shrunk alot (kinda sad about the butt though).

I think the draw back to the surgery is being too poor to get a new wardrobe because everything is too big (happy problem right). Hope you guys are doing well also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I will be 3 months out on Monday. I was 270 pre op. I am 218-220 which is just about what I weighed on my wedding day in 2007. I feel so much better. I am struggling eating things like chicken beef and pork. I eat a bunch of nuts, cheese, eggs some fruits/ veggies, occasionally meatballs and bacon. I go to gym 3-4 times a week love my Water aerobics and yoga. I've done 2 races each 1 mile. I will be doing a virtual 5k tomorrow. Slow and steady!

Sleeved 09/06/16. Started 266 pre-op. Funny, at my post op apt now waiting to be seen by the surgeon. Lost 79lbs so far. Biggest challenges: 1. hair loss 2. Iron deficiency, 3. Not getting enough Protein in my diet. 4. Feel tired

Food: 1. Love lactose free milk w/ Decaf coffee2. Roasted chicken 3. Avocados 4. Kind bars 5. eggs 6. Peanut Butter 7. Spinach-cooked. 8. GENEPRO great stuff!

Scared to eat salad. Will wait until 6 months post to try.

Water intake is hard for me too! I have a 20 ounce bottle that I know I have to drink at least 3 times. I also drink 16 oz of milk. That helps. I don't fill up the Water until it's finished. If I do more... great if not at least I met the requirement.

I also have a 64 oz water bottle. Sometimes I use that and fill my cup only from it to measure my water intake.

I have to have an Iron transfusion soon. Sleeved 09/06/16 lost 85lbs.

I had my sleeve on 9/20. Started at 249 and down to 185. Losing hair now and I'm getting burnt out on certain foods. My biggest challenge is getting the fluids in - my tic told me to get in 96 ounces per day, although it looks like every other program out there says to get in 64 ounces! I did get a tummy bug a month ago and ended up in the hospital getting 12 bags of fluids over a course of 3 days. My question is about exercise. I've been told to just walk until I get closer to my goal weight. I used to run half-marathons (while I was obese) and walking is killing me! Most days I don't do it because it's so incredibly boring! I asked if I could jog and was told no. I don't care for yoga, I've tried Zumba on YouTube but it wasn't too fun either. Any ideas?

Sleeved 9/19. Currently in a 2 week stall but Shark Week is 10 days late and I am bloated -_- Very grateful for this journey. I was told I can do any and all exercise that I found tolerable, @tgw4138. I run 3 miles, 3x a week, do yoga, step and bodypump the other 3 days. I started running at 200 lbs - not sure why they don't want you to unless it's because it makes you hungrier (or at least it does me!)