Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First puree meal, ricotta cheese bake

First puree meal and it's AWESOME. I feel like a human being again. For anyone who hasn't seen this recipe:

Shelly's Ricotta Bake

8 oz of Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

Eating it very slow and only having 1/8 of the pan (it's a tiny pan, about 1/4 of a normal glass baking pan) for now, hopefully it goes okay!

For those on liquid, soon you will feel much better, just a few bites and my spirits are way up!

post-297826-0-69200900-1477356493_thumb.jpg

Looks delicious ..how many calories and Protein

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

I plugged everything into my fitness pal, this is the nutrition for 1/8 of the total yield (so you can see how I cut mine into 8ths. My husband accidentally bought whole milk ricotta so you could def get the fat down. Ill use skim next time.

Nutrition Facts Servings 8.0 Amount Per Serving calories 119 % Daily Value * Total Fat 8 g 13 % Saturated Fat 5 g 23 % Monounsaturated Fat 2 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 48 mg 16 % Sodium 235 mg 10 % Potassium 49 mg 1 % Total Carbohydrate 3 g 1 % Dietary Fiber 0 g 2 % Sugars 1 g Protein 9 g 17 % Vitamin A 6 % Vitamin C 1 % Calcium 24 % Iron 2 %

Okay I'm almost to this stage and that looks amazing. Omg I'm having that first how far past post are you

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

I will be 2 weeks out tomorrow. Technically I was supposed to start puree then but I couldn't wait past dinner tonight, lol. What's 12 hours really?

Wow that looks amazing! I'm definitely making it when my time comes around! On full liquids for two weeks right now but something to look forward to! Thanks for posting recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Not bad ty ..I'm still on Clear Liquids .surgury was Oct 20 ..

Do you have any suggestions for full liquids

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

Full liquids are tough to get creative with, but I had a few good things. I got potato, bacon and cheddar low fat cream Soup and blended it until it was smooth and that was probably one of the best things I ate. I also got some Cinnabon flavored cream of wheat and made it with unsweetened almond milk. Cinnamon applesauce, sugar free pudding cups, greek yogurt, cream of chicken Soup. It's not easy but it was a DEFINITE step up from clears.

Also if you have a good Protein powder that has no flavor, my favorite is DEFINITELY this one https://www.amazon.com/Clean-Label-Protein-Unflavored-Servings/dp/B019YWFHAW you can blend it into the Soups or even applesauce and puddings and then you don't have to do as many Protein shakes. I was blending like 1/4 scoop into a pudding cup or applesauce which is 5g of Protein.

Haven't even had my surgery and that picture made it harder all ready lol

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

You will be eating it soon enough!

I made this recipe with fat free ricotta in a muffin tin. It was great! Even my big eater, picky partner liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Ragdollorchid

I like that recipe very much. Another favorite of mine is the Cauliflower pizza. I like the crock pot meals a lot too (there is an awesome thread going on that currently) but all my recipes are so basic I don't share those but I am following the thread.

I like that recipe very much. Another favorite of mine is the Cauliflower pizza. I like the crock pot meals a lot too (there is an awesome thread going on that currently) but all my recipes are so basic I don't share those but I am following the thread.

Where did you find cauliflower pizza?