Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got past the hungry stage, THANK GOD

Thanks for this post @TheNewKel. I am now into thr mushy pureed stage and the hunger/cravings are mostly gone. Weirdly, I too am craving not thr usual.fastfood but healthier options like fish.. so.weird. goodluck to.all.of.us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

@@Meggiesmom .. I need more reassurance. .. I am now 12 days post op.. on puréed diet and am still hungry!! I feel like every person I talk to says "I can't eat an egg.. I don't want to eat.. I'm never hungry" I am so scared that this is not working for me at all. !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hang in there @@karen.del. i am 15 days postop and finally starting to feel a bit better. Nausea and gas pains gone now. I still get cravings but once i eat and full it goes away. Are you eating 4 oz every 4 hours?

This is great to read as I am 1 week post op and do feel Hungary. Good to know thanks for sharing x

Im 5 days post op and if i drink my tummy rumbles is this normal

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

4 days post op experiencing the same thing, loud rumbling / gurgling feeling. Hopefully this subsides.

Thanks for this post @TheNewKel. I am now into thr mushy pureed stage and the hunger/cravings are mostly gone. Weirdly, I too am craving not thr usual.fastfood but healthier options like fish.. so.weird. goodluck to.all.of.us

@@Meggiesmom,

I think that's probably the greatest benefit so far for me, that the sleeve has physically altered my cravings. I really don't have cravings anymore, for anything. I get hungry, but not at all like I used to. Now I get hungry when my body genuinely needs fuel. And I naturally want to eat body pleasing Proteins and things that make me feel good.

I was really worried the first couple weeks post op, craving fast food burgers and crap. Then, at week three, those cravings vanished. It's. a great feeling, very liberating!!!

I also was hungry for the first 2 weeks but now its so much better. Once I could eat soft food, mashed potatoes and gravy, eggs, cottage cheese, I was satisfied and all the hunger went away once I could eat solid food.

I was really hungry the first few days, less now. Good to know this is normal as I had read that reducing the stomach size would reduce hunger.

I admit now that it could have been emotional hunger due to all the post op pain. I was waking up at night and thinking about cheeseburgers.

Man I'm glad to read this, I just hit puree stage and I've been hungry all of the time too. Even at this stage, it's fortunately improving but not satisfactory. I eat a scrambled egg in the morning and I'm stuffed before finishing it but in one hour, I. Easy for food.

If I eat Soup, I can also eat a yogurt.. or if I eat s tuns pouch. I need something else too like cottage cheese and then I freak out thinking omg, I'm eating to much food. The scale isn't moving bc I'm eating to much.

When I walk around for exercise. Omg I'm hungry... I think it's the lack of carbs I'm not used to?? And yet not enough Protein bc not at the stage yet

So far, I can eat anything too ...not helping!

St night i feel hungry and maybe it's emotionally driven buy i feel my stomach... I often have a yogurt

Popsicles are my lifesaver!!

Anyways. I was thinking of posting about this but worried about being judged so I feel relieved to have discovered this thread

Thank you!! I'm 5 days post op and I'm hungry I think. My stomach feels weird and gurgles and I think I feel hunger in the center of my chest. My menu plan does not include jell-o does anyone know why It's not allowed on the full liquid diet phase? I know things will get better and I do feel stupid for complaining.

I would ask your nut about this bc my plan includes everything from liquids to purees. I can't imagine what would be wrong with sugar free Jello . I can't eat it but I can make my own with plain gellitain , stevia and true lime or lemon!! I haven't tried to yet but plan to! Anyways, if you love jello and it's not on the menu, definitely ask!

Im 5 days post op and if i drink my tummy rumbles is this normal

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

4 days post op experiencing the same thing, loud rumbling / gurgling feeling. Hopefully this subsides.

That's not hunger - it's just your stomach and body figuring out what the hell just happened. I sounded like Chewbacca was in my stomach. That reduces but I don't think it goes away completely - and has nothing to do with being full.