Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Positive motivation: I will not miss...

Sending someone into a restaurant to see if they have tables.

The look on peoples faces when they see me when elevator doors open.

taking someone with me to a grocery store/restaurant so i can have an excuse for buying junk food or lots of food.

Being the bag holder while everyone else is on a ride at carnival,Water park, or basically anywhere there is fun and tight crowds.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

As I became obese, tables at restaurants became important requirement. It wasn't that I couldn't fit in a booth. But whenever I sat in a booth and ate, the food seemed to land on my shirt or floor rather than my mouth. So tables became very important.

I could swear that the seats in airlines have become smaller over the last couple decades. Some of this may be due to my obesity, but I think a lot is due to the airlines trying to squeeze in a few more seats into the airplane. And the seatbelt no longer extend. I hate to sit in the middle seat because my body extended into my neighboring seats and that must drive the other passengers insane.

I don't miss being the fattest mom in the room.

I don't miss sweating my way through life. (I am constantly freezing now.)

I don't miss being too fat to shop in the same stores as my teenagers.

I don't miss fast food.

I don't miss yo yo dieting and the feeling of guilt whenever I "cheated".

I don't miss crowding strangers on buses, trains, or in theatres.

I don't miss an all black wardrobe.

I don't miss the doctor's obvious advice that I need to lose weight.

I don't miss aching knees, feet, back.

I don't miss worrying about being pre-diabetic.

I don't miss feeling all eyes on me (imagined) when I ate out at a restaurant.

I don't miss squeezing my way through life, down aisles, into elevators, past people in crowded spaces, into clothes that are a wee bit too snug.

I don't miss being too fat for a full arms around hug.

I could go on forever...

I don't miss feeling like an embarrassment to my children when attending school events.

I don't miss never being able to find cute clothes.

I don't miss feeling like I was sitting on the sidelines of life.

I don't miss severe pain in my back and joints.

I don't miss raging IBSD issues.

My list could go on for days of the things I don't miss about being morbidly obese.

Don't miss my CPAP, blood pressure meds, gout flair ups, not being able to do her favorite position because the gut was in the way, not being able to see "down there", the pain in my knee, taking the walk of shame when the roller coaster bar won't come down, not being able to use the tray top on the plane, and the two hours it seemed to take to cut my toe nails.

- I dont miss walking down the aisle of the airplane and having people almost pray out loud that I won't be sitting next to them

- I dont miss having a booth be the only table and the table cannot be moved so i could fit

- i dont miss missing out on any and all activities that required me to walk because my knees and feet were so bad

- I dont miss wanting to get into a bathing suit to go in the pool and feeling like the whole world was thinking what a fat cow i was

- I dont miss climbing the stairs and feeling like i was going to keel over

- I dont miss having to do all my clothes shopping at Lane Bryant or on line and never feeling good about myself. Now i can shop anywhere and pretty much anything it try on looks great. (It makes it hard to choose)

- I definately dont miss having an entire wardrobe of black clothes

-I dont miss the limited shoes because my feet swelled so bad - now i can wear any shoes....my feet are a normal width!

Most importantly....i dont miss my bi-pap machine, high blood pressure meds, diabetes medications, and i dont miss how close i was to needing kidney dialysis.

I am very very thankful for where i am! And how i feel!

I don't miss squeezing my way through life, down aisles, into elevators, past people in crowded spaces, into clothes that are a wee bit too snug.

I agree, this one for sure!!!

You've all gotten me so teary. You're gorgeous creatures, every one of you.

I'm not ready to post a list in this topic yet, having reversed much of my good work and gotten serious about reversing the reverse only a few months ago. I shall return.

I don't miss what seems to be an omitted subject.

The dreaded sneeze. And the leakage that almost always used to occur. The larger I got, the more incontinence came my way.

Having a cold or sneezing fit was dreadful.

I also do not think twice about getting up in a movie or baseball stadium and threading my way down the aisle and back.