Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie questions sleeved 10/12

Any diabetic ppl here my blood sugar drops I'm not taking my meds blood sugar is so low under 88 My surgery is Wednesday 10-19

Sent from my SM-G386T using the BariatricPal App

It was a really hard journey getting ANSWERS prior to the sleeve, with my husbands severe diabetic problems. No one gave me the right answers that made us feel comfortable, yet the alternative was so bad that we had to trust the surgeon. I am off Metformin and my husband three years later is on a low dose insulin, being diabetic for 40 years. His A1c has lowered drastically, his BP mess have decreased. I have not called rescue in three years, thank GOD. It will definitely help you manage your diabetes. Best of luck!

Hey, I got sleeved a day before you! I didnt expierience any pain tho i did love the self medicaiting button. I didnt have morphine I had Dilaudid so I slept and slept and slept. Anyways lol, I didnt have any and when I say any Gas pains at all! I drink the premier Protein drinks. 30 grams of Protein in each bottle. I drink 2 or may 3 of those but I only do the chocolate flavor. I get sick with vanilla even before surgery. As for Water I drink it all day! Even after i finish my Protein Drink. Try it in the morning and u have all day to drink. You can do it!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

and as for the phlegm i did have that, even at the hospital. What I had a problem with the first 3 days after discharge was nosebleed. Non-Stop i was getting scared for a moment. when I decided to go to the emergency room because I woke up to my pillow filled with blood stains It stopped, and I havent bled since then. But the phlegm does go away. Just keep coughing and using your sperometer however u spell it lol it helps.

@@Mamma3, I am stealing your recipe. Sounds so yummy. I get all my Water in pretty good but you feel that's all you have time for. Not sure if ppl do this but don't forget to count the shake total liquid amount to your overall liquid amount for the day. Could be a good amount if say you are making 3 shakes a day.. just thoughts. Heck I even count my popscicles. Lol

Michelle Rose

Spring TX 77373

Congrats! I am 5 days out and had the same problems :( My doctor gave me a recipe that is WONDERFUL! It gives you the same Protein in 1/2 the amount and makes more time available for getting in your Water.

1-sugar free pudding (in ready container)

1-scoop of Protein powder

A little milk (about 1/3 cup)

Blend well.

It will become a liquid and is 1/2 the amount of a shake with the same amount of Protein. Best part is you can change up pudding flavor (as long as it's sugar free) so you don't get bored with the taste. Hope this helps!

Your a lifesaver thank you so much I will definitely try this today!... congratulations to you as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I wonder how this would work with pre-made. I'm doing Premier and I still don't like it!!! I'm off to Syntrax nectar next.

I use Syntrax Nectars. The taste is amazing, the portions can be adjusted, no terrible aftertaste, and it's thin like Crystal light. I LOVE them.

Sent from my LGLS775 using the BariatricPal App

What are your fave flavors? Are any too sweet? I've found I like tart things (lemon, orange, etc).

I found the ocean spray diet cranberry, with a scoop of Protein powder pretty tolerable at that stage. It made the juice almost taste creamy. Sounds gross but it helped me a ton. And sugar free popsicles. Popsicle brand has a Tropical variety that was such a nice change from the standard cherry, grape, orange. Good luck. I am 2 1/2 weeks out and still struggle to get 65 oz of liquid in. Everyday is New day.

Sent from my KFTBWI using the BariatricPal App

Yes!!! I love the tropicals. Tons better than the standard.

Hey, I got sleeved a day before you! I didnt expierience any pain tho i did love the self medicaiting button. I didnt have morphine I had Dilaudid so I slept and slept and slept. Anyways lol, I didnt have any and when I say any Gas pains at all! I drink the premier Protein drinks. 30 grams of Protein in each bottle. I drink 2 or may 3 of those but I only do the chocolate flavor. I get sick with vanilla even before surgery. As for Water I drink it all day! Even after i finish my Protein Drink. Try it in the morning and u have all day to drink. You can do it!!

@@mellsztavv Congratulations on being sleeved and I guess we are both blessed because I didn't have gas pains either. I loved the button as well lol I was on the same med and all I did was sleep lol I've tried Premier Protein in banana, carmel, and vanilla and I get nauseous never throw up thank God but my mouth starts to Water alot!!!.. my NUT says I can eat cream of wheat so I made some and I added a scoop of unflavored protein but that's still not enough protein.. I'm going to try chocolate and strawberry Premier Protein to see if I can tolerate those better

For some odd reason I can only tolerate the chocolate flavored one. It goes down easier. Never tried the other flavors except for strawberry cream... idk but I can't tolerate it. I also eat the tuna packs, i pick the lemon pepper one and that little pack has 18g of Protein and I add a little bit of non fat greek yogurt and its amazing. You can do it!!!! I do get pains tho, not my incision sights or gas but the stapleline inside my stomach. I drink Pepcid for acid so it doesnt bother me as much and I drink tramadol for pain but that also makes me sleep all day so I only drink half. But let me know how it goes!!!

I use the little squirty things I get at Walmart, they are sugar free, and some have electrolytes, and I control how much I put in my Water. Prepared drinks are just too sweet, it makes me sick to my stomach. I still struggle getting my liquids in, I work, so I forget to drink , as I get busy ,then break comes and I have to eat, so I feel I am constantly behind.

I use the little squirty things I get at Walmart, they are sugar free, and some have electrolytes, and I control how much I put in my Water. Prepared drinks are just too sweet, it makes me sick to my stomach. I still struggle getting my liquids in, I work, so I forget to drink , as I get busy ,then break comes and I have to eat, so I feel I am constantly behind.

That's my fear when I get back to work is forgetting to eat and/or drink.... I will try the squirty things lol

For some odd reason I can only tolerate the chocolate flavored one. It goes down easier. Never tried the other flavors except for strawberry cream... idk but I can't tolerate it. I also eat the tuna packs, i pick the lemon pepper one and that little pack has 18g of Protein and I add a little bit of non fat greek yogurt and its amazing. You can do it!!!! I do get pains tho, not my incision sights or gas but the stapleline inside my stomach. I drink Pepcid for acid so it doesnt bother me as much and I drink tramadol for pain but that also makes me sleep all day so I only drink half. But let me know how it goes!!!

I didn't think of the tuna packs... yay thanks your giving me great ideas