Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days Post Op and feeling Regretful

My doctor actually encouraged the Patches.

I haven't had blood work done yet but with my seasoned surgeon suggesting them I think everything will be good. The Patches have extra Calcium & also Biotin for your hair. I'm 3-1/2 weeks out & have had no side effects of that sort.

I too had regrets but in the last week things have been much better. Just listen to your body and don't try to over do before you're ready.

Hang in there - I truly believe we made the right decision!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My doctor actually encouraged the Patches.

I haven't had blood work done yet but with my seasoned surgeon suggesting them I think everything will be good. The Patches have extra Calcium & also Biotin for your hair. I'm 3-1/2 weeks out & have had no side effects of that sort.

I too had regrets but in the last week things have been much better. Just listen to your body and don't try to over do before you're ready.

Hang in there - I truly believe we made the right decision!

Did you purchase the patches from the store on these boards? That is so encouraging to hear that!

The NUT scared me to death talking about permanent damage to your body from not taking Vitamins, so that's stressed me out worrying about not keeping them down!

That is encouraging to hear that things are looking up for you after feeling regretful.

While doing the preop diet I was obsessed with watching the weight fall off and now that the surgery is over I don't even care, because I'm so upset about myself for doing this.

Thank you for your words of encouragement!

@@momto3E

I know you will be feeling better soon. Keep us posted!

I will! And hope to have a success story like yours too! :)

I'm 3 days post op and feel so miserable and regretful. I'm in so much pain

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

I feel your pain, but It sounds like we have some positive things coming our way and we need to look forward to those. :)

I feel your pain, but It sounds like we have some positive things coming our way and we need to look forward to those. :)

Yes we do and I hope it gets better. These gas pains are HORRIBLE and I'm so sore

Yes we do and I hope it gets better. These gas pains are HORRIBLE and I'm so sore

Are you burping a lot? I am and it helps but then the taste makes me gag! Can't win! Haha

Gas-X to the rescue!!! They make dissolvable strips.

My doctor didn't suggest them, when I called today to talk about the gas, but I need to ask on Monday!

Do the strips clear out the gas or stop the gas?

Edited by momto3E

My doctor didn't suggest them, when I called today to talk about the gas, but I need to ask on Monday!

Do the strips clear out the gas or stop the gas?

I used the strips and they didn't really help me

Yep, I sure did. Sometimes I still do (1mon out). It's lessening - but regret is a very normal feeling. All the vets say it goes away so I just focus on today! But you're not alone. Just don't let it get the best of you!

I did a post asking that question about the Patches got some good responds on it. Going to ask my NUT can I use them.

Yep, I sure did. Sometimes I still do (1mon out). It's lessening - but regret is a very normal feeling. All the vets say it goes away so I just focus on today! But you're not alone. Just don't let it get the best of you!

Thank you! That is good to hear!

I'm having trouble with these gassy burps that have an eggy taste and those alone are making me sick. I can't keep my Protein down because of it.

Anyone have trouble with that and know how I can get those to go away?

I did a post asking that question about the Patches got some good responds on it. Going to ask my NUT can I use them.

That's awesome news! Please let me know what your NUT says, I'll ask mine too!

I am 6 mo post op and I really can't remember my first month other to say it WAS tough. Take it a day at a time. Try to do what you can do as far as Water and Protein. I think I blocked it out of my memory. I'm doing great today and have no regrets on my choice to have surgery (RNY). Good luck, you'll be fine.

My take on this is to not overthink your surgery decision.

In 6 months, you may want to revisit your thoughts and see where you are.

Keep working your program, and it truly does work. Remember why you had this operation, and you can change the course of your life!! There are not many times in life you can say that!![emoji486]

@@momto3E,

Congratulations on your surgery!

I know this is a tough time. I am sorry you are feeling regretful, but I do believe that this is the most challenging time post op. You are in discomfort, and it is hard to get the nutrients you need.

Right now, the best you can do is try to stay positive and keep working on getting down your Protein and fluids. As others have said, usually Vitamins are not absolutely required at this time post-op; maybe your surgeon or nutritionist will let you postpone them for a week or so until they are easier to get down.

I would also focus on getting enough liquids. They are yet another challenge, but are so helpful. They will help you recover faster and feel better now, since staying hydrated can give you more energy and keep headaches away. Something else you can do is try to stay moving with short walks whenever you can.

Good luck!