Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How insensitive...

Thoughtful to send a gift. Thoughtless in the gift. If it makes you feel better, my boss was calling me in the hospital asking me to send her information. I had to explain to her that I didn't bring my laptop to the hospital with me. (She is a very nice and caring person) but clearly just not thinking at that moment.

About 6 years ago I had a lemon sized brain tumor removed from my noggin. I was a national recruiter for a large company at the time. My Regional Manager called me while I was in the ICU to ask if I had recruited any of the nurses.

He was completely serious.

@@NikkiRT I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be a busy body. I am a Respiratory Therapist and we go by RT. I thought maybe you were as well.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Lol!!! It's the initials of my middle and last name

I am sure that this wasn't the best thing to receive, but I thought no it speaks volumes of the misunderstanding that goes along with our disease of obesity. When I told my uncle I was going for the surgery he said, "Can't you just cut down on what you eat?" He didn't mean it in a negative way, in his own way he was trying to help me. I am certain that your boss didn't mean anything negatively, but they just don't understand what you are going to be dealing with.

Just remember that you didn't go through this for anyone but you! They will give you the best gift ever when they are praising your transformation in a few short months.

Don't let the little stuff bug you, just remember that they don't get it unless they have been through it. You wouldn't ever give a bottle of whiskey to an alcoholic, but yet... what we have is not seen the same way to the outside world. You Rock!!! And you don't need them to understand, you have all of us! :)

re: About 6 years ago I had a lemon sized brain tumor removed from my noggin. I was a national recruiter for a large company at the time. My Regional Manager called me while I was in the ICU to ask if I had recruited any of the nurses.

He was completely serious.

OMG Lipstick Lady...I work in HR and one of my phone calls was to ask about salary expectations for a candidate we were making an offer to. HR people...hey...