Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Gorged" on Mexican food last night....

I was having a bad couple of days, plus I quit smoking(!) 2 wks ago, so I decided I was gonna go stuff myself with Mexican food last night. Sounded and smelled sooooooooooo good. So I sit down with the full intention of ordering the cheesiest fried thing I could find. But then I remembered that I was only 'hurting' myself by giving in to that temptation.decision.gif I orded beef tacos instead and was just as happy. angel.gif I somehow managed to NOT eat the chips, which I also couldn't believe! The tacos finally come and boy, am I gonna let them have it! I dig in with gusto, enjoy every bite....and only managed to eat 1-1/2 tacos!! LOL I thought that was pretty funny. So that's how I gorge myself into oblivion these days....on 1-1/2 tacos. Gotta love it! This must be the "progress" of which they speak. wink.gif

And best of all, you're not smoking!! So proud of you. Way to go on the 1 1/2 tacos too -- I still can't do that (stop at a reasonable amt of MX). Mexican food is my downfall.

I know what you mean. I stuffed my self at Breakfast this morning by eating an entire banana. :) Silliness. I can't wait to get off mushies and try some MX.

Great job on the smoking issue: you are a brave and fabulous person!

frog.

weight.png

(((Hugs))), you guys!! Thanks!

Terry...LOL! As I was reading your post, I was thinking about my own Mexican "adventure" just two weeks ago. There I was, recovering from a flu and STARVING because I hadn't eaten very much during my illness. We go to a Mexican joint and I'm all ready to dive into a Chile Relleno platter (stuffed with 3 cheeses and chicken), rice and beans...the whole works!

What I ended up with was a strawberry margarita, a cup of black bean Soup and some guacamole! So much for my Big Mexican Gorgefest! LOL!

I do have to admit...as much as I love my new body and my healthier take on food...part of me misses the days of the 3-item Mexican platter, followed by the fried ice cream. Then I look at my toes (my TOES!) and I let the thought go...

Congrats on your experience!

I do have to admit...as much as I love my new body and my healthier take on food...part of me misses the days of the 3-item Mexican platter, followed by the fried ice cream. Then I look at my toes (my TOES!) and I let the thought go...

Isn't that the truth!!! You hit the nail on the head. I miss certain things but all in all I am nothing but grateful!!

10# away from goal. OMG, you must be soooooo happy!!! Major congrats to you, my friend. Way To Go!!!

I read the title of this thread and immediately knew it was a "success story" as to a confession of being naughty. Congrats on not eating your way through a Mexican restaurant. I sooooo look forward to that day!

Darragha ;)

I can relate! I went to Carrabas a while back...had saved up ALL day to gorge by not eating anything. Ordered this wonderful chicken dinner. Four bites and it was doggie bag city!

LOL Kacee - I can get out of Carrabba's for $5 these days.... I order a cup of either Sausage/Lentil or chicken Soup. If I'm really feeling evil, I'll have an italian salad, too!!!

This is so funny. I had mexican food last night. 2 beers to start (sipped very slowly) had 2 tacos, a couple small spoons of chara Beans, no rice and only a few chips. I feel like a pig. I can't wait to eat even less. :whoo:

Hey Kacee,

I noticed that you had your surgery in Houston with Dr. Spivak. Was that at True Results? I also noticed that you have already had 3 fills. I had my 2nd one in mid July but have not had another one. What gives?