Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justwaitin2b banded in October and a bit scared

hey guys - yep, I too have enjoyed a few glasses of the good stuff over the weekend.........lovely!! I did feel my body reacted nicely to 2 glasses..........but I didn't feel like a 3rd. besides on an empty stomach 2 was enough to make me giggly........ love it!!!

hey guys - yep, I too have enjoyed a few glasses of the good stuff over the weekend.........lovely!! I did feel my body reacted nicely to 2 glasses..........but I didn't feel like a 3rd. besides on an empty stomach 2 was enough to make me giggly........ love it!!!

For the itchy stomach - firstly take the strips off, as they may be reacting with your skin, then secondly.....we have a product here called bio-oil - fantastic for scars, and healing etc.......... but any good Vitamin E oil, or even coconut oil would help............. the itchy ness is the body's healing process......................... good luck K

Hey guys – have been feeling great, just having one of my OMG – what have I done moments………… (banded 29 October)

I was doing the liquid, and a bit thicker (custard etc) for the first week……………. Then hubby was home, all the time…..cooking all our favourite things….for himself and the kids…………

And curiosity set in – I would try a tiny bit, and would be surprised I could eat it with no problems…… in the beginning I would even do the chew, taste, and spit in the bin thing…………. Which is gross, but I was so sick of fluids etc…………..

Anyway – in the second half of week 2, I started to eat small amounts of normal food, chewing carefully, and eating slowly…

No problems – no vomiting, or PB, nothing was getting stuck etc………………. over this last weekend, we spent a lot of time at friends houses, a real social weekend, bbq’s, swimming etc ….the only problem is………… with the few glasses of wine, I also ate smaller portions of normal food – bickies and dip, steak, marinated chicken, potato bake etc………….. again no problem, no pain, no vomit etc……….

Now – I am thinking, shit – what if I have just done what every bit advice has said not to do……. What if I have caused my pouch to stretch, or my band to slip…………….. am I a total dickhead??? I know we have been under a lot of stress the last month or two, and were celebrating hubby getting another job………… but shit, I am worried now, that I have done the wrong thing…. Have I done any damage??

Everything feels good, except for a hard lump (bout the size of an orange) at my port site……… it is only tender if I poke it, or my waist band is tight………… (my port scar is right next to my belly button on the right side – so right where your pants, shorts sit)

My scars look fantastic – and I feel good, except for the guilt, and now – the fear………

Can I have your opinions please……………… hugs Karen

hey everyone - looks like this thread has come to an end.............. I thank all of you for your support and time, and would love to keep corresponding.... if you would like to send me a private message with your email address, and we can keep in touch......... otherwise I will see you all around the boards some time........ take care lovelies..... hugs K

Hey Karen,

Sorry I have not been on. Was banded Nov 6th and still not feeling very well. I came home the following day and was back to the hospital the next day becasue I was having trouble breathing. My diaphram is very inflamed so they gave me heavy duty pain meds to try and help me feel more comfortable. That was a week ago today. I went to the Dr yesterday for my one week post op and he said everything looks good and it is just going to take some time to feel better. I don't understand why so many other people are feeling great by now and I am not. I still have to take meds every 4 hours I tried cutting them in half today to try and not take as many. So now I am back to being uncomfortable. Tonight I will take a whole one to help with the sleep. I got yelled at for not eating 3 times a day so today I made apoint to eat three times. I find it very hard to get in all the liquid as well! I was 7 pounds heavier when I got home from the hospital but have lost that and I am 2 pounds lighter then when I went in so thats good. Just wish the pain would go away!

Sounds like you are doing well. I am sure I will have plenty of What did I do days. Right now pain and all I am glad I did it and even happier the wait is over. Now if I could just feel better all would be well!

Best Wishes

Ann:

I've been wondering about you! The November 07 board has been much more active lately so come join us over there, if you haven't already!

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Hey Ann, sorry to hear you had problems sweetheart, I hope you are feeling better soon.............. it's been such a big journey so far for all of us.......... big hug, K