Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justwaitin2b banded in October and a bit scared

This is part of an email from one of my friends who had a fill yesterday - and it was the best description I have read -

"It went well. I don’t know what I was expecting but it was all over so quickly and with the minimum of fuss and no pain.

Went in got weighed. Happy to say I have lost 7 kilos since the op and 15 kilo since start. That was more than enough to keep my spirits up.

Then Dr. came in and we had a chat about the green zone and eating only 1/3 or was that ½ a cup three times a day was all I would be eating- any more and it would mean more fill but to give it a week. Then I lay down on the bed. He made a joke about the first fill being the most painful and how the walls were sound proof.

He then prodded around abit finding the port then had a sharp jab that was the needle going in and had to raise my head as in a small sit up and then a normal sit up while he filled. My stomach gurgled a little in the car but that is the only symptom. I don’t feel hungry at all and have been told to have custard or yoghurt for tea and on to solid asap.

I have been surprised by the whole process in that I was expecting to feel pain be laid up for a while and in all I have felt great. I am so glad I have chosen this path . It is so hard to describe that feeling when someone says to you you have lost weight or you are looking so good. I can not remember the last time I was in single digits ( okay there are three in total) but in 9 kilos time I will be down to double and I really believe I can make it. The thought of losing another 29 kilos does not seem so unrealistic."

I hope this helps....... cheers K

I'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow. Yes, I've failed at everything in the past, but this is now. I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I'm ready to go!!! I won't be back until Saturday night. Unfortunately, I have a long flight and then 3 1/2 hours to drive the day after surgery. I'll look forward to logging on to see how everyone is doing. Good luck!!

Ok, I have done measurements, pictures, bath, shaved, packed my bag, cleaned house, and done all the laundry. Man, no wonder I am ready for bed. We have to be at the hospital at 7:30am. My surgery should be between 8:30 and 9:00. Thankfully, I live about 3 miles from the hospital, so I plan to be home early tommorow evening. I will let everyone know how it goes. I wil say a prayer for you as well, Artzygirl. Good night all. Tommorow is band day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am good. Quite a bit of gas pain today. DS and I have walked around the outside of the house several times. I think I am doing very well. I am starting to belch and pass some gas. I will be glad when I get rid of all this gas.

Your 4 "sleepy times"(as we call them at my house) will pass before youknow it and you will be in band land. I can't wait to hear about all of your success.

hi Karen, I am just beginning this and you are my 1st quote, good luck to you and i hope to hear how you are doing soon! I have just scheduled my appointment to MEET with the Dr. But I am so anxious! I need this so bad so I can take my kids to Disneyland and ride all the rides with them. This is sad but it is my personal goal. I took them to Six Flags 3 years ago, and couldnt get the brace across us down enough to secure my daughter. I have never been back, and it is not thier fault.

Wow i rambled, sorry!

Sandi Stepp

Modesto Cal

I guess your surgery is over by now. I want to hear from you as soon as possible. I hope you're feeling good. I have been praying for you.

I am on vacation out West for 3 weeks but I will check on you when I have internet connection. All the hotels aren't equipped with it yet.

Take care of yourself.

Yellowsing

been

Thanks you guys. I got a french manicure so that they can still check for circulation. There was nothing on my day surgery instructions about polished nails. Oh well, if they take it off, it was very relaxing and a treat for myself that I rarely ever do. They may have to take it off one nail to put the pulse oximeter probe.

I will check in with you all after my surgery. I am certainly ready to move to the banded side of this journey.

:clap2:

Yellowsing,

I am doing well. Tonight we decided to go to Walmart. That was a bit much for 1 day post op, so I am kinda paying for it tonight. Still a lot of gas, but overall I am doing great. Thanks,

Amy