Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kane Center in Schaumburg

Not sure how to quote or tag @@mobella but I've got PPO and they're supposed to cover 80 percent if BMI is 40 or over. I went to the three hour seminar end of September, stayed after to make consult appointment and was open to see any surgeon asap and lucked out getting a consult a week later! Then I lucked out with someone canceling right before I made my NUT appointment and asked to be called, even if last minute, for any sooner appointments with the psych. And again, lucked out. Tomorrow I'll call my insurance to make sure they got the stuff they need... It will seem like it's taking forever but if you're open to either location for appointments and let the staff know you're willing to do whatever to move things along, things go quickly.

I'm in the Park Ridge area near Edison Park. City is fine

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I recommend Dr. Shayani from synchrony chicago weight loss! Hes located in both bolingbrooke and oak brook. You will NOT regret visiting him. Seriously, hands down, the most caring, genuine, and sincere doctors that I ever met. When i told him that I couldn't afford some of the things, he was so understanding and tried to accommodate me as much as possible. ahh. Great doctor.

I went to my consultation with Dr. Guske at the Kane Center and it went really well. He said I would have to do some tests and should expect to have my surgery 2 months from now. I made sure to confirm he said 2 months and he did. I'm just waiting for the Bariatric department to give me the following steps.

Sent from my SM-N930T using the BariatricPal App

Keep on the scheduling people to make sure they get that information to you. They're great, just very busy, so you need to keep on them to make sure you don't get buried under a pile somewhere.

Keep on the scheduling people to make sure they get that information to you. They're great, just very busy, so you need to keep on them to make sure you don't get buried under a pile somewhere.

I have. So, of course, nothing goes smoothly. After I went to my nutritionist appointment, they tell me that I have to do a year supervised diet even though I have documentation from my previous doctor. I'm still figuring things out with the medical group because it makes no sense to me why they won't accept documentation and want me to use their own doctor for a year. So, I've pretty much been calling BCBSIL, Alexian Brothers Medical Group, and the Kane Center to try and get this sorted out. Anyone else have this experience or have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N930T using the BariatricPal App

I was already doing the medically supervised diet through Alexian Brothers (some insurance requires it, mine required 3 months but I had already exceeded that). The diet wasn't working alone, so they referred me to the Kane center. The first step was a 2 hour info session where they go over all the types of surgery. The second was a consult with the surgeon to determine if I was a candidate. The third was insurance verification. This was the hardest part actually. I have Aetna, and apparently the Kane center had gotten burned by Aetna before so they kept saying Aetna wouldn't cover it. It was a lot of back and forth on my part, but I kept on them. Aetna ended up sending a verification that they would definitely pay for the surgery. Next I got a document with all my required tests. Kane center requires an abdominal ultrasound, one visit to the support group, a psych evaluation, and a pulmonologist visit. The pulmonologist also orders a sleep study (mine was done at home). Once all of that was cleared, all my paperwork was submitted to insurance again for formal approval. That came back and they called me for a surgery date. They called me the last week of September, and my earliest available date was 10/11. She gave me dates for both St Alexius in Hoffman and Alexian in Elk Grove. I chose Hoffman on 10/21. She also scheduled my pre-op and post-op appointments with my surgeon.

Then I picked up my pre-op diet powders. I had pre-op testing yesterday at St. Alexius (Blood test, chest x-ray, upper GI Barium swallow, and EKG). Those results were all faxed to my Primary and once she signs off I'm good to go. Right now I'm in the middle of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. The day before surgery I only drink Clear liquids.

How are you doing? Going for surgery late December at Kane Center

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

@mobello

Northshore was a dream- specifically Dr. Linn, my surgeon.

Likely the most well-organized bariatric team around, and I checked them all out.

Found them to all be on the same message- from the doc to the nutritionist and every one in between. I see him at Glenbrook Hospital but he does all his bariatric surgeries out of Evanston. He has his whole surgical team there and likes working with a group of nurses and techs that do just that.

Hope that helped. As an aside, I know several people who went thru Northwestern down in the city, and all of them, oddly enough, had post op complications. Not saying anything specific other than I can only hope it was coincidental.... Needless to say, I did NOT choose that bariatric team.

Hi Lisa,

How are you doing? We are neighbors somewhat I live in Jefferson Park. Curious when you had surgery? Mine is coming up.

@mobello

Likely the most well-organized bariatric team around, and I checked them all out.

Found them to all be on the same message- from the doc to the nutritionist and every one in between. I see him at Glenbrook Hospital but he does all his bariatric surgeries out of Evanston. He has his whole surgical team there and likes working with a group of nurses and techs that do just that.

Hope that helped. As an aside, I know several people who went thru Northwestern down in the city, and all of them, oddly enough, had post op complications. Not saying anything specific other than I can only hope it was coincidental.... Needless to say, I did NOT choose that bariatric team.

Hi Lisa,

How are you doing? We are neighbors somewhat I live in Jefferson Park. Curious when you had surgery? Mine is coming up.

We are neighbors! I grew up near you and am in the Park Ridge area!

My surgery was March 23, 2016...almost 8 months ago! I've done so very well and am so happy and grateful that I did this!!!

@mobello

Hi Lisa,

i'm not far from Jefferson Park, but i work in Schaumburg (which is why i chose Kane Center). my surgery's scheduled for mid December- so not long at all! :)

I'm currently waiting for insurance, BCBS, approval. This place is on top of things, that's for sure. I've never received so many appointment reminders! :) I actually love in the city but work in burbs so choose Kane cuz they're not too far from work... And with all the tests and appointments needed, I don't have to miss a lot of time from work.

Hi! When is your surgery? I am going through Kane Center too! Dec 27th!! Best of luck.