Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

revision revision revision... lapband didnt work so now bypass anyone else?

revision revision revision

revision revision revision

That would be me. Having my band to bypass revision this Wednesday. How about you?

My band to bypass revision is tomorrow....hoping I made the right decision!

I had my lapband for eight years before it prolapsed last September and emergency had to have it removed. Ten months later I had gastric bypass done. It took a lot of pros & cons to making the decision but glad I did it. Three months post up and done 55lbs ;-)

Its been a lot of sacrificing and hard work but its been worth it so far.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using the BariatricPal App

I had my lapband for eight years before it prolapsed last September and emergency had to have it removed. Ten months later I had gastric bypass done. It took a lot of pros & cons to making the decision but glad I did it. Three months post up and done 55lbs ;-)

Its been a lot of sacrificing and hard work but its been worth it so far.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using the BariatricPal App

What made you choose bypass, why not sleeve ? I am torn and worried

Sent from my SGH-I337M using the BariatricPal App

Best decision ever. Had the band 8 years and was miserable. All the weight came back and I had pain and vomiting. Had my revision two months ago on July 20th, and I've lost 56 pounds since surgery morning. Bypass works very well.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

@@Leopard sleeve I choose the Bypass right of the bat!!! One of the reasons is the amount of weight I need to lose. Second was the success rate. The most important reason was all the data out there and its been around a lot longer. Its the gold star! I'm not against the sleeve. Never really researched it I figured this time around I was going all in. I think its the best decision for me ;-)

Which ever one you choose you will do great ;-)

I had the sleeve done 7/2012 and it never worked for me. I moved and started seeing a new Dr about a year ago and we were considering a revision on the sleeve but once he took x-rays he saw the previous Dr had left my sleeve 4 times the size it should have been so he said i would have better results from bypass. I'm one week out, so far so good.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I had my band placed in 2007 and lost 100lbs. Then it got too tight. Then too tight again and I could not get anymore fills due to GERD. My bariatric surgeon will no longer place bands. He suggested a revision and after a lot of research I decided for bypass. I chose this due to my eating behaviors of wanting sweets and fat. With the bypass, I cannot have those due to possible dumping syndrome. Second reason is I have read some increased symptoms of GERD. I am currently working on my bariatric checklist of the things I have to do to have surgery. Keeping fingers crossed it will happen.

I had the sleeve done 7/2012 and it never worked for me. I moved and started seeing a new Dr about a year ago and we were considering a revision on the sleeve but once he took x-rays he saw the previous Dr had left my sleeve 4 times the size it should have been so he said i would have better results from bypass. I'm one week out, so far so good.

Congrats imma week out tomorrow what are your status

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Congrats imma week out tomorrow what are your status

10 pounds down. Still on full liquids with the exception of instant potatoes per my doctor.

Ok cool so when are you off the diet

Ok cool so when are you off the diet

I have this week left on LIQUIDS then I go to puree for 2 weeks then soft for 2-3 weeks then I can just with reg diet.

Wow your dr is way different from mines was all a week a piece start my soft foods Wednesday im hype i cant wait???????????? got on the sale ive lost 12 plds since sept 22