Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You don't look like you need weight loss surgery!

It gets old, doesn't it...

Another person getting surgery made that comment to me!!! Gets very old!

I hear that so often and honestly when i look at pictures of me I just get sick how heavy i was. People would always tell me i carried my weight so well. I call BS....I was very heavy and sickly from it. For people to say, you dont look like you need surgery is hysterical. I honestly think they simply dont know what to say or maybe are scared.

Now I get the opposite. People that haven't seen me are shocked at how i look and those that do see me regularly shake their heads. Apparently they think i am too thin now, but i am not. They just aren't used to seeing me at a normal healthy weight. Even some of my doctors!

Similarly I am at my father N laws again this weeked and every weekend he asks to take a look at me. He then proceeds to tell me how thin my face looks as if i have lost more weight. I stopped losing in March, in fact i have gained 3lbs so I have to keep reminding him that i have lost no more weight and I am where I should be. That i am healthy.

He then proceeds to tell me how pretty i am and is constantly reaching for my a$$ which no longer exists. I told my hubby his dad is a dirty old man. He is 87. LOL... Today he was saying how much he loves to look at the pretty cheerleaders when watching football.

Geez......

I get so tiered of hearing it! What they don't see is the pain I'm in daily from carrying all this extra weight. When I try to run, I have to wear 4 sports bra, and run for 30 sec and walk 2 min, because I can't breath. That my husband and I have not slept in the same room for 3 years, because I snore so bad it keeps him awake. That I'm 150 pounds over weight, but I must "carry it well". I'm glad I found this site, so I don't feel so alone!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@shannenm

You are definately not alone! I am excited for you! I used to snore so bad i would wake both me and my hubby up. I was on bipap for years and now i am 152lbs down and at a normal healthy weight.

I no longer snore at all! I dont use bipap any longer.

It doesnt feel like i am going to have a heart attack everytime i take the stairs.

The only thing i do have a problem with is my back pain and i am afraid that i will have that for the rest of my life. I have always said my only regret is not having this surgery before i did so much damage to my spine.

I literally know the pain and sickness you are feeling and I am telling you there is a whole new life for you! Keep us posted on your progress.

Oh and my feet and knees no longer hurt. If not for my back i could walk for miles and miles without pain in my feet and knees.

I get so tiered of hearing it! What they don't see is the pain I'm in daily from carrying all this extra weight. When I try to run, I have to wear 4 sports bra, and run for 30 sec and walk 2 min, because I can't breath. That my husband and I have not slept in the same room for 3 years, because I snore so bad it keeps him awake. That I'm 150 pounds over weight, but I must "carry it well". I'm glad I found this site, so I don't feel so alone!

Amen amen

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I feel you! My BF has been telling me for years that I'm not big at all and how beautiful he thinks Iam... well, of course you think I'm attractive. I was this size when we met. And we met on a site called largefriends! When I told him initially, that I want it or need it to get weight-loss surgery, he continually said oh you don't need a weight-loss surgery you're not even that big as a matter fact you're not big at all! I had to drill it into his head that I have serious health problems and I'm tired of hurting when I go up and down the stairs and wash dishes and get out the bed. He finally seems to get it but then I hear it from strangers. It is really annoying! A neighbor who is in NURSING SCHOOL told me when I mentioned of being tired of being morbidly obese, that I am not obese... hahahahahaha.. laughing but serious. People, I tell you...

It's crazy! I own a successful company, and someone who works for me said I was doing it for cosmetic reasons. I politely said. "I am a successful, smart, beautiful woman. I'm am not doing this for cosmetic reasons. I know plenty of "skinny" women who are ugly. I am doing this for health reason. Did you forget I was just in the hospital for 4 days because my BP was 169/119 and they told me I have pulmonary hypertension because of WEIGHT". I'm sorry I'm not gonna die at 45.

Lmbo @ skinny women are ugly too! I only told my Mom and my bf. I'm still deciding on telling others. Wow, a successful business woman at 45! That's awesome! That alone should let them know that "you got this" lol!

I haven't told anyone outside my support system until today. MISTAKE. I heard all the horror stories about who had and gained it all back and how dangerous it is and lets not forget...you don't need to do something so drastic, just do what I did.

So that was my little experiment. Back to the original plan. Tell no one!

Sent from my LGLS992 using the BariatricPal App