Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnancy complications?

Does anyone who has had the gastric sleeve had complications with pregnancies? I had my sleeve done in March of 2013. I got pregnant in october of 2014 and miscarried within 5 weeks of being pregnant. I just recently became pregnant and was almost 7 weeks along and started bleeding, & found out that i was having a tubal pregnancy and had to be taken to emergency surgery to have my left fallopian tube removed because it had already ruptured. Im so scared to get pregnant again because i have lost both pregnancies and me and my husband really want babies. If anyone has any advice or someone else who has dealt with this same issue so i know im not alone?! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

My sister had a tubal pregnancy and had 2 healthy pregnancies after. She didn't have WLS but I don't think that a tubal has anything to do with surgery. Stay strong and positive! Sorry for you losses. :-(

Thank you. I just can't figure out why i keep having problems. Everyone keeps asking me if it could be from my surgery, since I have had nothing but problems with my health ever since i had it done. But all i can find is people having more of a chance of getting pregnant after surgery than before...all of my sisters have miscarried before and all have healthy babies...but ive miscarried my first two and only two that ive had..so its very discouraging :(

Thank you. I just can't figure out why i keep having problems. Everyone keeps asking me if it could be from my surgery, since I have had nothing but problems with my health ever since i had it done. But all i can find is people having more of a chance of getting pregnant after surgery than before...all of my sisters have miscarried before and all have healthy babies...but ive miscarried my first two and only two that ive had..so its very discouraging :(

Keep your head up lady and ill send you positive thoughts. I had 2 loss also but i didnt have the sleeve. Im having mine on tuesday. But after those 2 loss, i had 2 sets of twins and never had to take anything. If your sisters have had miscarriages also, maybe theres something to look at. If you dont mind me asking, what kind of health problems have you had since surgery?

I had a baby after being sleeved in 2012, got pregnant 11 months after sleeve. Baby is healthy, had to have a revision from sleeve to gastric bypass after. Stay positive, don't think it's your sleeve.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Keep your head up lady and ill send you positive thoughts. I had 2 loss also but i didnt have the sleeve. Im having mine on tuesday. But after those 2 loss, i had 2 sets of twins and never had to take anything. If your sisters have had miscarriages also, maybe theres something to look at. If you dont mind me asking, what kind of health problems have you had since surgery?

A week after I was sleeved, i was having alot of trouble swallowing anything without alot of pain, they did a CT and found my esophagus was twisted(thinking it was due to pulling the breathing tube out after surgery) ..they had to place a mesh stent there for a few days and within 24 hours i became septic, my whole body started to shut down on me, had a 104.3 fever, had pancreatitis which led to my gallbladder being removed, contracted tonsilitis and mono, & my immune system has just been really bad ever since. I know this doesnt happen to everyone, i am one in very few, and have seen many many people with successful healthy lives. My family never supported my decision to have gastric sleeve done at the age of 23, but my husband has always been there and supported me. My family always asks if any problem im having is because of my surgery..and i guess they have asked me so many times because i never have an answer why these things happen, that i myself am beginning to question the same thing. Ive never found info to support that answer, which is why i came here to ask real people

I'm so sorry about your losses. That's devastating. I have a friend who had gastric bypass surgery and had several children afterwards. In fact, it made fertility easier in her case (not being obese anymore). I don't think it's the surgery, but obviously I am not a doctor.

I had my son before I had WLS (I didn't need it back then) and am done having babies so I have no personal experience to draw on.

Sending baby dust your way!

Don't give up! Be strong! Fight for not only your health, but future healthy babies!

I had the Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-Y) when I was 16 years old (11 years ago) and have had three beautiful girls between 7years-8 months. With this being said, I have had many complications in the last 11 years knowing AND NOT knowing they were related to the Gastric. My suggestion to you is, STRESS STRESS STRESS THE IMPORTANCE TO ANY AND ALL OF YOUR DOCTOR'S, YOU ARE NOT A "NORMAL" PATIENT. Sorry for the caps.... but I can't say it enough now, to others, that people who have underwent any form of gastric, and now not apart of the "standard" or "normal" people.

I have been struggling and pushing for answers to why symptoms keep happening to me BECAUSE my gastric is hindering me from being the mother I know I am, I want to be consistently, and need to be for my girls. I would suggest a endocrinologist ASAP. I have learned so much about how food affects our hormones and what organs run off glands the create hormones. You may or may not have known this, but I am learning and finally feel I am on the right path. I am also thinking of having the sleeve done in the near future to aid in absorbation.

Overall, Good luck to you, your husband, and future blessings that come your way!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much for the advice and for everyones blessings!!!! There are so many different things that we as WLS patients deal with that alot of doctors dont know how to treat or how to handle it...ive been brushed off alot by certain doctors. But it really is a concern for me...hopefully i will get answers! Thanks so much

A friend of mine for pregnant a year after and had many malnutrition issues during the pregnancy and had several complications but the baby is healthy and happy now. She ended up being tube fed during the last portion of her pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App