Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hoping for a quick approval.....

Thmitchell

Thanks for your response. My file was submitted on 10/10. I had been calling

everyday to see if there is any new progress. Today I spoke with someone who

without directly saying so inferred that I should not call everyday. She also said that many requests were submitted lately. I am glad that you received

your approval yesterday. Hope I will receive my approval very soon.

Racshelle

Well I hope you get a quick approval. I called everyday just because i hate the waiting game. I called everyday and they were super nice about it. Also I asked them to email me the approval letter so I could get it over to the surgeons office which they did. If you want to call everyday I would still do it to give you a piece of mind. Keep us posted when you get approved!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I got an approval in a little over 24 hours and I'm waiting on a pre op appointment to get my surgery date. I guess I'll get a date Monday since the lady is out of the office this week.

Thmitchell, mshaw,

• I really appreciate your support, I am surprised at myself, that I actually feel like I do not want to call anymore. The reason why my calls might not be as welcomed is that my benefits are held by teamcare a UPS insurance, although BCBS Illinois is on my insurance card. Teamcare has BCBS Illinois to do the medical review and a recommendation of their findings for bariatric surgery. Once the medical review and recommendation of findings is complete they send the information back to teamcare who has the final decision. I feel so very out of sorts and am sorry to feel that my medical review and approval is secondary to those who are BCBS subscribers, not through a third party relationship. They would not give me any information about my clearances, I had to get that from my surgeon and they will not tell me the outcome of their review, just that there has been one and that I need to call teamcare to get my answers. It is not an easy or fair position to be in. I called teamcare today to let them know what happened.

October 17, 2016

My paperwork was submitted last week on the 10th of October. Called BCBSIL today and spoke with a really nice lady who took her time speaking with me, glad for that. She advised that right now my file had not been assigned to a nurse for review, she told me to give it a couple days to call back for an update. Getting close to the 15 day decision period which would be October 28th.

Wanted to let you know that I was approved by BCBSIL. Found out today, thank goodness. I completed my pre-op appointment today and am on the schedule for gastric bypass on this Wednesday at 12:30 afternoon. Went out and bought sugar free popsicles, wylers sugar free singles, Apple juice, white grape juice, sugar free Jello and chicken broth. Tomorrow is the clear liquid diet, so I will have those items and I have to do a bowel prep. Not looking forward to the bowel prep...... Glad things are moving on.

Appointment with Dr. Macik, Northside Bariatric Surgery Center on October 4th, submission to insurance 10/10/16, BCBSIL/Teamcare approval 10/24/16, surgery 10/26/16. I thank God for his blessings.

Wanted to let you know that I was approved by BCBSIL. Found out today, thank goodness. I completed my pre-op appointment today and am on the schedule for gastric bypass on this Wednesday at 12:30 afternoon. Went out and bought sugar free popsicles, wylers sugar free singles, Apple juice, white grape juice, sugar free Jello and chicken broth. Tomorrow is the clear liquid diet, so I will have those items and I have to do a bowel prep. Not looking forward to the bowel prep...... Glad things are moving on.

Appointment with Dr. Macik, Northside Bariatric Surgery Center on October 4th, submission to insurance 10/10/16, BCBSIL/Teamcare approval 10/24/16, surgery 10/26/16. I thank God for his blessings.

Congrats!!! I am so glad to hear that! That is happening quick! I don't get mine until November 18th! Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Congrats!!! I am so glad to hear that! That is happening quick! I don't get mine until November 18th! Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Thanks, I will keep you updated. Surgery is at 12:30 am.

I had RNY surgery on October 26th I have not been in any pain at all. The only problems I had was feeling nauseated/queasy really more like motion sickness. I spent two days at the hospital feeling this way. Once I got home Friday October 28th, I was able to go to solve my nausea/sick queasy/motion sickness feeling, I am a nurse. I was able to get some real rest as well. I am very grateful for the opportunity to have the surgery paid for at 100% by my insurance company. I no longer have high blood pressure, GERD is dramatically improved no reflux, still a little coughing now and then, no sneezing as I was several times a day almost every day, due to hiatal hernia correction I no longer choke when drinking. sleep apnea, no longer tired throughout the day when I have decided it is time to get out of bed. Due to sickness and lack of sleep being awakened every two hours to walk even while telling the nurses I was sick, I have spent most of my time resting this week and trying to eat and stay hydrated. I plan next week as I am stabilizing now to begin my exercise to get my weight loss going quicker. Still a little tired, a little woosy when walking and a little spacey sometimes when talkiing but no pain at all and not taking any medicine as of today and still doing good. I do understand why after surgery it takes a little more time to come back and post experiences. My post-op is November 8th, hope I can show some numerical weight loss, thank goodness I voted early.

I never took one drop of pain medicine and did not have my prescription for oxycodone filled. I had a great surgeon and I have a high tolerance for necessary pain.