Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone over 60 years?

I am 39 and year out from gastric bypass surgery. I am doing great and have lost 145. My mom really needs to do something but she keeps telling me she is too old. She is only 64. I know it would really help her. Is there anyone in that age group that could share their story for her?

I will be 66 next month. And I am scheduled for RNY on Nov 3. I have Medicare and had to go thru 7 Months of pre op office visits and a very extensive medical exam. I am very excited about this. I set my own goals like being able to buy clothes in a regular store. Bending over to tie my shoes etc.

It is never too late to have good quality of life.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

I am 60 and had my RNY on July 2, 2013. I have GREAT RESULTS from it. My hubby just had a Sleeve in Mexico June 3, 2016 he is 66 years old!! NEVER too old!!

Hi. I am 60 and just completed my first anniversary following my bypass. Encourage your mum to read my post so she can see the added health benefits I have achieved following the bypass....best decision of my life

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I went from size 20 down to size 12 in 12 months....now enjoy secondhand clothes shopping......addicted!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I am 39 and year out from gastric bypass surgery. I am doing great and have lost 145. My mom really needs to do something but she keeps telling me she is too old. She is only 64. I know it would really help her. Is there anyone in that age group that could share their story for her?

I just turned 64 in October and had my surgery 2 years ago. I had been slim most of my life but started gaining weight when I was about 50 years old. I have lost about 120 lbs and my Type 2 diabetes is gone, my blood pressure and cholesterol are normal and I look 50!! I had unexpected surgery about a month before my scheduled bypass surgery and having 2 surgeries so close together did a number on my energy but I also don't exercise enough!! Tell your mom she won't regret it!! Do it and enjoy her life!!

Denise and group Having trouble with lymphadema and legs. Slowing me down but not stopping me, but I may end up in December. Special nurse to help me on vacation till mid month so no treatments yet. PCP and I not happy about this; I got scheduled and then postponed till then. Keep positive thoughts coming my way. Rosey

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

I am 59. Will be 60 in march. My surgery has given me a new lease on life. Tell your mama to get sugery before she is 70. At 70, nobody reputable will want to do surgery.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using the BariatricPal App

I am 56 and am probably (finally) going to be scheduled for December. I have a lot of knee pain and can't do the things I enjoyed last year. I don't want to be 57 going on 97, so I am pursuing WLS.

I had my sleeve on 8/3/2016 and turned 61 on 8/16. Preprogrammed I was 286.6, surgery date I was 220, and now I am 182.8.

I'm not loosing as fast as I'd like, but I run 3 miles every other day and do strength training 3 days a week. I could have never done that before.

Tell your mom you are never too old to become the healthy you you want to be. I'd do it all over again to be where I am today!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 61, 5 months out and have lost 90 lbs so far. Tell your mom it's never too late and don't live the rest of her life regretting not getting the surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was 57 years old when I had my RNY. My hubby is 66 and he had the Sleeve last June

I'm 6 Had revision from sleeve to bypass on Nov 22,2016.Go for it Mom you will gain youth in surgery.