Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have spouse leave? 1 week post op.

Hi all, I really like reading on hear the things that have helped others succeed because what I am after. I want better for my life. I know I didn't get enough fluids in last two days my spouse of 4 years just left me on Friday (due to hidden drug issue & pushing him to change life with group, but he doesn't want to give up drug & his family does drugs too so family bonding). He had quit for almost 2 years but starting again when went back to school to better myself behind back. I suspected but know how sometimes don't want to deal with right away. I am determined to do what is best for me & my life & will graduate college in December. Working on last class now. I don't have any desire to not stick to dr plan but didn't get in fluids I should have friday & Saturday -getting back on track today & going to church too today for support. I am thinking I will be ok as long as make sure get close or hit 64 oz starting today-on. Just concerned cause know didn't get enough fluids last two days & don't know if should drink more then 64 oz today if can & body wants more Water? I know I will be ok. I have awesome family, close friends & church friends that are very supportive.

Funny -my parents coming down to spend time after church & my mom said will bring a healthy salad & chicken for lunch if sounds good to you. I laughed, had to remind her on full liquids but they could have.

They are still in shock too so are friends cause they love my husband too so are all my close friends & church friends that were trying to help him. All are praying for both & all know harder for me cause 1 wk post-op tomorrow but I know I can succeed cause this is for me & what I want to do.

He was best husband when wasn't high. Just praying God helps change him to have a better life drug-related even without me. His mom was one got him started on smoking pot at 11 as a coping skill when had problem & taught all kids that. She takes every drug can get hands on today. It more important to him to be able to get high with family then be with me. Going to support group again starting this Wednesday to help me through emotional stuff & strengthen myself. Has anyone else had spouse leave 1 week post-op & what helped them stay on track through it all?

Thanks -sorry so long. I am still veryblessed in life with or without my husband.

Sent from my SM-S902L using the BariatricPal App

Just sending you a virtual hug and hope you gain support from all who offer it. *Hug*

Saying a prayer for you. Just get back on track and move forward - you had all those IV fluids so I'd guess you're ok for now.

I did not have my spouse leave but my dad died unexpectedly at around 4 months post op and it was a challenge to drink enough or get Protein for a little while so I do understand how the shock and changes can set you down for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Saying a prayer for you. Just get back on track and move forward - you had all those IV fluids so I'd guess you're ok for now.

I did not have my spouse leave but my dad died unexpectedly at around 4 months post op and it was a challenge to drink enough or get Protein for a little while so I do understand how the shock and changes can set you down for a minute.

Thanks Christinamo7. Sorry about your dad too & thanks for prayers. You are right forgot about IV fluids. Yes I am getting back on track starting today & nice to know had a hard time too getting in Protein drinks & Water for a bit due to emotions. I plan on getting them in today & forward. Thanks again for reaponse.

So sorry that your new life started with a loss. At least you now get to concentrate fully on yourself and it sounds like you have an amazing support system.

Take care and all the best to you!

Nilla

Sorry for your losses ladies. My prayers are with you both. @@veryblessed honey run. Run while you have the strength. This guy doesn't love himself please don't let him drang you down with him. Sometimes we let people (men) in too deep too fast. I did but God saw me out of a 12 year marriage to a man I'm pretty sure never loved me truly. When God opened my eyes I ran so fast his head was spinning. Lol! He tries to say he is sorry because his congence is eating him up now. I told him I forgave him a long time ago and what he is going through is between him and God. I have a new guy after years of being along just to figure out what I did wrong in that relationship. It's not perfect but nothing ever is. We get along, pray together, like the same things and he loves me. You need to find someone that will love you, pick you over drugs, and sometimes over family.

Good luck, you're in my prayers.

Sent from my VS985 4G using the BariatricPal App

Hugs thoughts and prayers. I am having surgery 10-3. But I understand my ex pretty much abandoned me after I had back surgery in 07. 2 months after we married that almost left me paralyzed at the time, there was no guarantee. His mom was my rock through that journey. We stayed married but rocky for 2 years then separated for 5. You got this. It will all be alright

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Sorry for your losses ladies. My prayers are with you both. @@veryblessed honey run. Run while you have the strength. This guy doesn't love himself please don't let him drang you down with him. Sometimes we let people (men) in too deep too fast. I did but God saw me out of a 12 year marriage to a man I'm pretty sure never loved me truly. When God opened my eyes I ran so fast his head was spinning. Lol! He tries to say he is sorry because his congence is eating him up now. I told him I forgave him a long time ago and what he is going through is between him and God. I have a new guy after years of being along just to figure out what I did wrong in that relationship. It's not perfect but nothing ever is. We get along, pray together, like the same things and he loves me. You need to find someone that will love you, pick you over drugs, and sometimes over family.

Thanks lelewatson. You are right. I just want to concentrate on myself. I am proud of myself for having surgery to be healthier.

Hugs thoughts and prayers. I am having surgery 10-3. But I understand my ex pretty much abandoned me after I had back surgery in 07. 2 months after we married that almost left me paralyzed at the time, there was no guarantee. His mom was my rock through that journey. We stayed married but rocky for 2 years then separated for 5. You got this. It will all be alright

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Thanks Mindyme. Helps knowing you got through that with support from others. Thanks for sharing & prayers.

Stay focused on you and be strong. The best thing you can do for yourself and your husband is to lead by example. If and when he wants to get healthy and sober, he will have your example of what strength looks like. Good luck and my prayers are with you!

Prayers coming your way and hugs, hugs, hugs!! You are doing a great job trying to maintain a proper perspective. My husband and I are having serious issues and I'm only two weeks post op. It's hard. It hurts, but we will get through this!

Thanks lelewatson. So glad to hear you have better guy too.