Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The day of surgery, I weighed 196. That was the 7th of this month.
Today I weigh 186. That's only a weight loss of 12 pounds! Doesn't that seem too slow? I'm not cheating! I'm taking all my Vitamins, getting in all my Water and 75 to 80 grams of Protein and walking a mile a day.
Do you lose more weight when you eat solid foods? Because the only real food I'm eating is cream Soup, applesauce and a tablespoon of Peanut Butter a day.

10lbs in 2 weeks after IV Fluid that probably pumped you with another 5lbs is pretty good.

I had surgery may 10th. On may 20th I had a 10lb weight loss. Except my weight was 389lbs. So at your weight you shod be extremely happy.

Dont forget the 3 week stall you are going to or are experiencing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Everyone loses at a different rate. 10 pounds in two weeks is great. the smartest thing I ever read was on this forum: "Always remember this is a marathon, not a sprint!" Just eat right, take your Vitamins and drink your Water. The weight will go away!

That's not a slow loss but watch the sugars - some creamed Soup can have alot of sugar, Peanut Butter is high in sugar and bananas are as well. That could be impacting weight loss. You also started out at a much lower BMI than many of us so the loss will be slower naturally.

Edited by KristenLe

196 and 186! I meant 296 and 286!!! lol! Sorry

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches