Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It absolutely makes NO freaking sense to me... **MY RANT**

I personally am glad that @@LipstickLady is concerned. I'am learning so much from her (and her pointing out others mistakes) never mind not losing weight, how about you could make your insides explode!? I know I don't want that to happen to me. This app helps me understand what to expect and how to deal with it. We as newbies do not need enablers. Obviously we had those and it lead us to being this over weight. We need vets that can and will tell us we effed up and what can and will happen if we do it again.

Yeah sure, some peoples plans are different but it's the same basic rules. If your fresh out... Don't eat normal food.

I do have a plan for the future, if I'm not sure I should/can eat it. I won't. Until I talk to the doc or nut. I'd much rather have professional input or at least hear from someone that's been in my spot, than throw caution to the wind and wind up sick or worst... Back in the operating room.

So I say thank you to all the "outspoken" vets. I pray you never have to type in all caps to me

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Another rant about "stupid and uneducated" users? Really? Doesn't it get a bit old already?

@OutsideMatchInside: You're right. Either detach or stop posting.

---

At least I should stop reading the threads certain users start in the Rants & Raves because it is 99% about - yup, you guessed it! - about the "stupidity" of other users.

First and foremost, I never called anyone stupid or uneducated.

Second, I posted my opinion in the appropriate section as I have a right to do and clearly many people agree with it.

Suggestion. Scroll up to your name, click on ignore preferences when the drop down menu appears and add my name to your list. Problem solved. Easy, cheesy. ;)

It frustrates me to no end, I followed my preop diet perfectly. Went off my celebrex, did all the shakes and broth/soup. Have not cheated at all post op (I'm human so I'm sure that will change at some point). And I am having a horrible time of things! But these people eating tacos and pork chops and God knows what else are fine! Talk about frustrating!!!!

My husband has even committed enough that he eats his meals at work so not to tempt me. He has his popsicle for dessert at home (his are fudgesicles though) and on the weekend sticks to food I don't like.

Our family went to therapy together to make sure our whole household was ready. It was a lot of work. But here are some folks, willy nilly doing whatever. Ughhhhhhh!

Another rant about "stupid and uneducated" users? Really? Doesn't it get a bit old already?

---

At least I should stop reading the threads certain users start in the Rants & Raves because it is 99% about - yup, you guessed it! - about the "stupidity" of other users.

Well if you want to rant about WLS patients making really bad choices, you aren't going to rant about it on a makeup forum. This is the Rants and Raves section on a WLS forum so that is what it is going to be about.

You knew this was going to be a post about something you didn't want to read again, but you popped your ass in here and commented yet again. You are as much of a problem as the problem you are complaining about.

@@rolosmom7

You are very lucky, most people don't have that kind of family support and are married to asshats.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

---

Well if you want to rant about WLS patients making really bad choices, you aren't going to rant about it on a makeup forum. This is the Rants and Raves section on a WLS forum so that is what it is going to be about.

You knew this was going to be a post about something you didn't want to read again, but you popped your ass in here and commented yet again. You are as much of a problem as the problem you are complaining.

I don't think she likes me very much.

:(

But I can guarantee you I can name EXACTLY who is going to come in her and "like" her post to me.

;)

---

You knew this was going to be a post about something you didn't want to read again, but you popped your ass in here and commented yet again. You are as much of a problem as the problem you are complaining about.

@@rolosmom7

You are very lucky, most people don't have that kind of family support and are married to asshats.

Yes I am very lucky. I have an amazing husband. I'm thankful every day.

@@rolosmom7

While my husband is not an asshat and is very encouraging and supportive of my decision to have WLS, his level of support ends at the dinner table, and actually even before that. He still comes home from work and immediately pours himself a glass of wine, he eats whatever he wants in front of me, and at less than 1 month out, he held up a bottle of wine and asked me if I was ready to have some.

I also have three family members who have all had WLS before me. While they have given me great advice about what to expect and what medications to have on hand (Gas-X, Miralax) their food choices are poor and the example they set is less than stellar.

My surgery was a line item exception on my insurance, so I had to self-pay and was not required to take any classes or participate in any pre-surgery diet. At my 2 week follow-up appt, my surgeon switched me from liquids to solid foods. When I asked him a specific question about food choices, he told me I was overthinking it.

While I agree with the initial rant and understand the frustration that caused it, many of us are on here because we literally do not have the support or knowledge necessary to make the best decisions. I am still learning and will listen and take advice. I may sometimes be offended by the tone, but I get over it, take what I need to from it and move on, hopefully better for the knowledge.

Thank you to the veterans who are so generous with their time and knowledge, and please be patient with those of us who are stumbling through this and asking you to help guide us (or sometimes pick us up)!

@@rolosmom7

While my husband is not an asshat and is very encouraging and supportive of my decision to have WLS, his level of support ends at the dinner table, and actually even before that. He still comes home from work and immediately pours himself a glass of wine, he eats whatever he wants in front of me, and at less than 1 month out, he held up a bottle of wine and asked me if I was ready to have some.

I also have three family members who have all had WLS before me. While they have given me great advice about what to expect and what medications to have on hand (Gas-X, Miralax) their food choices are poor and the example they set is less than stellar.

My surgery was a line item exception on my insurance, so I had to self-pay and was not required to take any classes or participate in any pre-surgery diet. At my 2 week follow-up appt, my surgeon switched me from liquids to solid foods. When I asked him a specific question about food choices, he told me I was overthinking it.

While I agree with the initial rant and understand the frustration that caused it, many of us are on here because we literally do not have the support or knowledge necessary to make the best decisions. I am still learning and will listen and take advice. I may sometimes be offended by the tone, but I get over it, take what I need to from it and move on, hopefully better for the knowledge.

Thank you to the veterans who are so generous with their time and knowledge, and please be patient with those of us who are stumbling through this and asking you to help guide us (or sometimes pick us up)!

Agreed. There were some comments to me 2 or 3 days out of surgery when I asked about not feeling well and it was "get your protein!!" I was a little upset at the tone, obviously I'm trying and drinking Protein shakes, not Coke.

But in the end, it's true. I need more Protein. Tough love

@@rolosmom7

I think some of the things that newbies or just other patients period post, are an education to me. I had to be able to drink Protein to be released from the hospital. The told me flat out they would not release me unless they were sure I could intake nutrition. I was able to meet my Protein goals from the time I was released from the hospital. Reading here I was very surprised to learn that people not only are released from the hospital not being able to drink Water or anything else, but that some people have instructions that tell them not to have any protein supplements at all, ever!

WHICH IS WHY PEOPLE NEED TO STOP COMPARING THEIR WEIGHT LOSS TO OTHER PEOPLE. There are a ton of people that post here that lost a ton of weight really fast because they were basically on a prisoner of war diet and they starved for weeks/months. Long term that is going to do them more damage than good, so yeah its awesome they lost 100 pounds in 4 months or whatever, but they aren't telling they went through to get there, just that they got there.

---

If any more successful people stop posting or detach we may as well hang it up! I don't want advice from someone who thinks it is okay to have a Big Mac the day before surgery. This is our lives we are talking about! If I eat a steak a week post-op - I want a kick in the ass! I don't want the "that's okay - nothing bad will happen - stop listening to the naysayers"! I am not going through this to risk my life for chicken fingers and fries! It's not even about those that messed up or "cheated" as much as it is about people telling them it's okay (and telling others that may be having trouble that they can do it too)!

We've lost too many people who could really help us.

@@rolosmom7

I think some of the things that newbies or just other patients period post, are an education to me. I had to be able to drink Protein to be released from the hospital. The told me flat out they would not release me unless they were sure I could intake nutrition. I was able to meet my Protein goals from the time I was released from the hospital. Reading here I was very surprised to learn that people not only are released from the hospital not being able to drink Water or anything else, but that some people have instructions that tell them not to have any protein supplements at all, ever!

WHICH IS WHY PEOPLE NEED TO STOP COMPARING THEIR WEIGHT LOSS TO OTHER PEOPLE. There are a ton of people that post here that lost a ton of weight really fast because they were basically on a prisoner of war diet and they starved for weeks/months. Long term that is going to do them more damage than good, so yeah its awesome they lost 100 pounds in 4 months or whatever, but they aren't telling they went through to get there, just that they got there.

Yeah, that's true. No 2 plans are alike. That is a definite fact I've noticed.