Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I am new to posting in this group. I am 4 days Post Op and slightly struggling. I am having a tough time getting all my protein/liquids in. I am just not "hungry" I have been pushing myself to consume more but instantly get that "full" feeling.

At first I wasn't really in any pain, but the last two days - pain in my left side has increased. To which I am told that is normal. When does that go away? I think once that is tolerable or even gone I can concentrate more on "eating"

Any suggestions for this sleeve newbie would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi. Congratulations!

I am 20 days out now and also struggled in my first week - not really with fluids but with Protein. The deal with fluids is to just sip incessantly. My doc had me using a 30ml medicine cup every 15 minutes. i'd do my 'shot' in like three sips then wait.... and do it again 15 minutes later. Eventually pouring shots all day got old and i just sip sip sipped from a regular cup. I also did a fair amount of lukewarm broths - like the broth from wonton Soup (not the wontons of course) I know they are loaded with sodium for some people - not a huge concern for me - my blood pressure is hella low.

Protein I was not so good with. The smell of it totally grossed me out during my first week so honestly I just focussed on staying hydrated and was a bad bad girl until I could get back to shakes on full liquids week 2. Now I cut them either with Decaf coffee or fairlife milk which helps me get them down. Though my nose sensitivity to the protein seems to be getting better.

I had really bad pain in the muscle under one of my incisions. My doctor basically told me that was the muscle they really 'beat up' putting the instruments in and removing the stomach. I wore a binder for a few nights to help rolling over in bed and pressed in on that spot when I was changing positions to support the muscle when moving from position to position.

I can not tell you when it is going to get better - it seems to be different for everyone. What I will say is that I babied it for two weeks - moving slow, running short errands and being miserable. Then I had to go back to work and was literally in tears wondering how I was going to survive. And you know what - it was the best thing for me because as soon as I started really moving I got better super quick. After three days at work I was 1000X better. So I'm not saying its a cure all but I'm sold on the idea that the more you move the faster you heal.

Good luck! Great things are coming your way!

Edited by thatmeanone

I'm about 10 days out. Your appetite will return after a few days, but either way just keep sipping your Water. Dehydration is a scary thing as you probably know. As far as Protein... What helped me is GENEPRO, it's a concentrated and purified medical grade Protein powder. One tablespoon in your Water or tea will give you 30g of Protein.< /p>

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Thank you both! I know I need to be walking more. That is my goal for today. Move move move.

Every day I seem to be able to consume a little bit more than the day before. So that is promising. Maybe because this is so new - I just feel like I am doing everything wrong or already failing.

@@leese1978 You can't really do anything 'wrong' 4 days post-op, be a little nicer to yourself :) Walking, sipping Water and drinking Protein is your whole job right now...and if you can't get much Protein in this soon after surgery, you'll be fine. Keep trying to increase it and you'll soon be at your requirement.

I struggled with getting my Water in and still do...it's just not something that comes easily to me.

Keep moving, keep sipping and it DOES get better...the first week or 2 is hard and then it's suddenly easier and you feel much better. Congratulations on getting through your surgery!

Hey! I'm also 4 days post op today, and I know exactly how you feel. I was in so much pain the first two days. Today I woke up

Feeling 100000% better. I have been walking a lot! And only need to take my pain medication once a day. I just started farting and burping today which is the best feeling ever. I agree about the liquids part!! I drink a lot of Water no problem. But getting down the Protein is a lot because it's so filling!! I am so excited for you and when you start to feel better. It's the greatest feeling today. I was in tears once I realized today is my new birthday! I feel alive.

HW: 267

SW: 257

CW: 246.5

4 days post op and 11 pounds. Follow the rules and it'll work

Edited by BriAStewart