Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op and I'm worried

I asked again about Protein today and was told no. Tea, Crystal Light and Water. I'm feeling very weak. I'm surprised there are such big differences in practices. Maybe I'll start the protein on Saturday. Thanks everyone

I had much the same and on purely liquid stage i did not have to limit my Protein Shake sizes. Though it could take a while to drink it al. They counted toward my daily liquid needs as well.

I was told that our Protein Shakes were not to be part of our daily Fluid intake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

That's BS. They count towards liquid. Who told you that???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Same here. Two weeks out. No issues w getting everything in - Protein, yogurt, Soup. Started feeling like surgeon messed up and made my pouch too big! Everyone says liquids go right through and that nerves are healing, so sense of fullness isn't there. I was (am) worried about drinking shakes too fast, so I decided to try to take 45 min to drink it and measure out everything else. I wish they covered these possibilities in pre surgery classes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

It makes me feel better to know people feel how I feel because I've definitely convinced myself something is wrong

I had much the same and on purely liquid stage i did not have to limit my Protein Shake sizes. Though it could take a while to drink it al. They counted toward my daily liquid needs as well.

I was told that our Protein Shakes were not to be part of our daily Fluid intake.

That's BS. They count towards liquid. Who told you that???

My program wanted to have at least half of the liquid coming from clear liquid,but I chose to not count shakes toward my liquid goal at all just so I can get the most Fluid. Kind of like setting your clock. 5 minutes ahead so you aren't late lol

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had much the same and on purely liquid stage i did not have to limit my Protein shake sizes. Though it could take a while to drink it al. They counted toward my daily liquid needs as well.

Hi I'm a week post op Gastric bypass. I was told liquid diet for 2 weeks. 1ltr of nutritious liquid (milk, broth, Protein shakes etc) 1ltr Water, squash, tea, coffee etc. Not sure I'm doing the full 2 litres yet as takes ages to get down especially protein shakes! But lost 8.75lbs since op a week ago. Wind pain is still a really pain but getting there. Not sure if I'm having enough but run out of time to get all the liquid in! Lol!

Sent from my SM-N910F using the BariatricPal App

Are people having shakes right after sugery. I'm on Water and Crystal Light for 5 days. Anyone else told basically Water only?

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

Alot of people seem to be on Clear Liquids only post-op. I don't know how they expect you to do that - they should at least allow shakes so you can get Protein.
I was told clear liquids for first 2 days post op the liquid's for rest of first 2 weeks. Then puree, then soft then lumps so for a total of 8 weeks. I'm so looking forward to chewing food again!

Sent from my SM-N910F using the BariatricPal App

Everything has been very smooth for me. First week weight fell off. No problem drinking, pills or Water. Day 7 till today no weight loss AT all. I feel light but the scale hasn't moved an ounce. Everyone claims this is okay. So I am definitely scared.