Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, I am so humbled

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch

I have no doubt you can lose the regain, either ;)

I was unaware we had to tag the OP in the OP we are responding to?

Color me confused. And I guess that color is hyperlinked blue.

I was unaware we had to tag the OP in the OP we are responding to?

I rarely take it for granted because of how often a post is intended for someone other than the OP. It's never seemed that a topic is the property of the originator and all others who post are just fish dangling in the wind.

When I'm writing to someone in particular, I use the 'mention' thingie to be sure the person knows -- esp. if there is a bunch of posts between.

I dunno.

Wonderful comments everybody. Regain is a VERY real issue and not something that i EVER thought I would face. I was never one of those people that said "i'll never be that person...", but I knew that it would take a lot of work and somewhere in the past 6 months I lost that focus and drive it takes to remain on track.

As I am done writing this, I am looking at social media postings of a gal that I work with who competed in a body building/fitness competition today and I feel newly inspired.

next thread...exercise!

Okay,I have tried everything else been right on the money with my weight,Now I am gaining weight everyday uggg,16 yrs and bamm here comes the weight and why ???? Tried everything,Now I am going with the pop cycle only diet,If that doesn't work then it's suicide,Cuz I will not be FAT again.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This thread is exactly what I've been looking for here and anywhere on the web. I've not had any regain, and I'm only going on 6 months out, but that ugly demon of hand to mouth disease that I had is rearing its ugly head again. I discovered there are foods I can eat and not really limit because they do not make my pouch feel overly full. Unfortunately the foods are things like crackers, pretzel thins, Goldfish crackers, popsicles...The popsicles are low calorie and low carb, but I eat alot of them at one time. I don't know what is wrong with me! I went through all this to improve my health and I'm falling into bad habits already! When I quit smoking 2-1/2 years ago, I put the cigarettes down after almost 40 years of smoking and never looked back. Why can I not do that with eating?

So, today I've decided I've got to recommit myself to this new lifestyle and continue on with my journey. I have rid the house of all crackers, and pretzels and anything else that I know I should not eat or snack on. I have not gained weight, but I've also stalled for quite a while now and I need to continue with the weight loss. I have at least 50-70 more pounds to go, and I've lost 50 so far. I need to accomplish what I set out to do with this surgery, and by God, I'm going to achieve it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I sometimes feel like I cannot control myself and find I fight inside my head about eating the foods that are there in the house even though I'm not hungry. This is the issue I had before as well. Fortuntely the major health issue I had was my uncontrollable diabetes that is now under great control. However, I'm still using some insulin and would like to get off that completely. I've backed way down on what I used to use, and am very pleased about that. If 50 lbs has me where I'm only using insulin for basal, and have lowered that amount twice, imagine if I lost another 50 lbs! I could quite possibly get off of insulin!

I'm returning to basics this week; making sure I'm getting in the highest amount of Protein for me, drinking my liquids, and eating just Protein and veggies. I have been exercising most days, so I'm not too concerned about that. It's the eating that needs to be controlled. I need to get my mind off food!

Really happy for this thread. Thanks for suggesting it mi75, and Thanks Alex for creating it!!!

@@Lindairene, are you saying that you had surgery or reached goal 16 years ago?

In any case, if you've been gaining steadily for however long, you may want to pull out your old post-surgery instructions/food plan. Starting from scratch will enable you to fill in what you've forgotten for meal-planning and the rest. If you don't have the papers, ask the practice RD.

Also figure out and journal about what sent you in a bad direction. Getting a firm understanding, if you don't already have it, goes a long way.

You're already down on yourself for gaining. It seems to me that doing a weirdo "diet" -- popsicles (?), as you say -- will feel like a form of punishment, the last thing anyone needs. Make good choices, eat real food and plan. Taking charge in this way will restore your sense of power and yield the results you want.

Take credit for posting. It's the first step.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

I went through all this to improve my health and I'm falling into bad habits already! When I quit smoking 2-1/2 years ago, I put the cigarettes down after almost 40 years of smoking and never looked back. Why can I not do that with eating?

Because we have to eat to live. We don't have to smoke.

I find it helpful to put time into meal-planning. Not lots and lots of it, but enough to give myself a sense of control and purpose. If you don't already, use a formal food/nutrition tracker (My Fitness Pal is popular and, I understand, easy to use). I use sparkpeople.com's tracker, probably more cumbersome, but I've been using it from the start. I plan my meals a few days ahead and often amend as I go along. The little bit of structure doing so adds to my day often helps me conquer spinning out. When it doesn't, I aim to plan for Snacks to fit into the day's plan; into the tracker they go.

@@mi75

Thank you for starting this forum and thread! Accountability keeps me honest with myself.

I'm almost 2 years out, have yet to reach goal or Onerderland, which is extremely frustrating. I got so close to Onerderland I could see it (203) late 2015 into early 2016. I struggled and yo-yo'd within a couple of pounds for months, and now I've gained about 10 lbs. since the early part of this year. I keep tracking my food more days than not, exercising at least 3-4 days a week, although I am not (nor will I ever be) what they call a gym rat, but I do keep moving every day. Most days are good food days, but where I've fallen off the wagon is allowing the nighttime snacking monster back into my life. There, I've named it and claimed it. I've not given up nor do I plan to because I do not want to be a failure with using this wonderful tool called a sleeve. My sleeve still provides great restriction so I don't feel the need to do a "pouch test." Constantly working on staying on plan: 100 grams of Protein minimum, 1200-1400 cals., lots of Water, physical activity. Considering doing something like the 5:2 plan I read about on numerous other posts to see if it can get me jumpstarted again.

Mine is a very self-centered post/reply (there are a lot of Is here and I can't seem to get away from them), which I didn't intend for it to be that way. Just fessin' up - confession's good for the soul so to speak.

Okay, y'all :P I think I'm done ramblin' for now. Let's start losing again!! :D

To the OP.

How in the world did I miss this thread? I agree with the masses. YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL without a doubt. GOOD FOR YOU.

I've got about ten I'd like to lose as well. Twenty to give myself some cushion. I need to do that now an I need to do it with you. No time to start like today!

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would prefer to spell like an idiot rather than have blue colored words (normally incorrectly formatted with caps/no caps) sprinkled throughout my posts.

I despise sneaky advertising and to make it appear as if I am pushing that advertising? Makes my neck hair' stand at attention.

Can you regain weight after gastric sleeve ?

Of course you can.

Roughly 43% of people who have had bariatric surgery regain some or all of their weight back.

I suggest doing some research so you know the realities of these surgeries.

@@kendra01, yes, you can. It's possible to regain after any of the procedures. There's no magic. Losing weight and maintaining the weight loss require awareness and diligence ever after.

@@LipstickLady, that blue business makes me stamp my tiny foot. When I forget to use triple vowels or consonants, I sometimes go back in to edit. But it isn't worth the effort. A few years back sparkpeople had the blue going. There were enough complaints that it was dismantled.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Can you regain weight after gastric sleeve ?

Of course you can.

Roughly 43% of people who have had bariatric surgery regain some or all of their weight back.

I suggest doing some research so you know the realities of these surgeries.