Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Labor Day weekend. .. anyone struggling?

I'm sure many of us began the labor day weekend 2 days ago but by it being the holiday most people are having their final farewells to summer cookouts and outings.

Is anyone struggling with food choices? So far I'm not... could change tomorrow. I've been busy getting kids ready for back to school. So I've been preoccupied. The hubby and I grocery shopped today and will cook early tomorrow.

Then I'm back out to the stores for labor day sales and back to school shopping.

What are you doing to get through the holidays? Especially you fresh post ops... i remember the struggle. I was sleeved 3 days before July 4th. It wasnt easy.

Edited by Candygyrl

I actually have a hard time eating enough on the weekends. during the week I am at my desk, have breaks and meals - it's pretty thoughtless to measure out my food and get it in by the end of the day.

on the weekend I get busy with the yard, with the house, with my hobbies - or with family and sometimes I miss my Snacks or have a snack when I should have a meal. before surgery on holidays I'd just skip a meal when I was busy and eat a lot at the next meal. that doesn't happen anymore. like tomorrow with everyone coming over and fixing a big meal, I almost need to measure out one portion for that time, and one for later in the evening to make sure I eat right because when I am done with all of the cooking/clean up I don't really feel like fixing myself food again. the further out I get from surgery though, the easier it gets for me.

I haven't been struggling with food but this is the first time I've struggled emotionally since surgery two months ago. My plans to head out of town fell through last minute (long story...family drama) and this is the first LDW in many years that I was stuck in the city. Almost everyone I know is gone and it's just been lonely. I find myself moping much the way I would pre surgery except without the binge eating. Wondering if it's hormones or just the plain ol' blues.

Trying to cheer myself up by trying on some clothes I set aside before surgery that were too small. So far they fit but just aren't that cute! LOL

Nope. I follow the same rules I was given post op.

Proteinn first, veggies next! There is rarely enough room for anything else.

I do indulge from time to time and when I do, I feel it in the waist of my pants. When this happens, I just spend a few days with my favorite proteinns (hello filet mignon, salmon and crabcakes!!) to retrain my brain.

It's really quite easy when I make myself do it. :)

No struggles here! Filet mignon for dinner tonight....My surgery was about 3.5 months ago and I really haven't struggled with food since.......I'm sure my time will come, but so far so good!

I had a hard time today. I was sleeved on the 22nd of August and even though I am on soft foods being at a family cookout today was hard. Seeing everyone eating the cakes and Cookies and mac and cheese and drinking the pop. I am having the hardest time getting Water in I am not a Water drinker

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm on the liver-shrinking diet and really struggling. I'm really hungry all the time and it makes me grumpy. My family's not doing anything for Labor Day, but the 3rd was my birthday, and it was hard not to Celebrate with food.

I cooked this for family and friends. I was sleeved on Monday. Didn't bother me at all. Tomorrow I'm going salmon fishing. If I catch one I will fire up the smoker again tomorrow.

2016-09-04%2022.23.27_zpsymyxlw90.jpg

I don't struggle during these holiday weekends any longer. I'm like Christinamo7, and usually don't eat enough on the weekends, versus the amount of activity I do on the weekends.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I just got sleeved 8 22 16 can't eat any of it so no struggle this way lol. But the day before my surgery my brother had a bbq I went and just had Water. It was tempting but not worth me getting off track with my surgery.

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

I cooked this for family and friends. I was sleeved on Monday. Didn't bother me at all. Tomorrow I'm going salmon fishing. If I catch one I will fire up the smoker again tomorrow.

2016-09-04%2022.23.27_zpsymyxlw90.jpg

Goodness that looks delicious! :)

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was the week before Easter. The ONLY holiday I get a break from preparing. We go to a wonderful brunch. This year, I opted to go to church with everyone and then home while they went. I was perfectly fine with that. Next big outing was 2 mos post op for my bday. Picked off my husbands plate.

Point is- couldn't care less about the eating that goes with the holidays. I'm much more in tune with the social aspect and enjoying the company of those around me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have a big wedding to attend later this afternoon, Italian food and huckleberry wedding cake....oh my:-)