Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had surgery

Hi all. I literally just had surgery. Went in 4 1/2 hours ago. I'm up, walking around, doing that spirometer w no coughing. No problems. Knock wood! I imagine the diladid (sp) helps, but still in all...it's NOT a nightmare. I did lose 25 pounds this summer on my own and exercised a fair amount. I'm sure that also helps. Tmr I could be writhing in pain w complications galore, but for now I feel fine. Don't let the horror stories scare you. Make sure your surgeon and program is a Center of Excellence. Mine is. HW 279. SW 245. Goal weight ????? I honestly don't know. Good luck to all of you. If you're contemplating but scared, as NIKE says...just do it is my recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Rock star!!! Keep walking and sipping (if you're allowed to)!

Which surgery did you have?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Glad to hear that e everything went well. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations. Glad surgery went well.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

So glad everything is going well. I hope I have a similar experience on 9/28. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

If you can, get some exercise in between now and then that help your abdomen. Also increase Protein by as much as you can. I truly believe those things helped me. I kayaked a lot this summer and used a cheap rowing machine from Walmart. Also I used powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein and pbfit and Torani sugar free syrups. Good luck to you. I don't regret it at all, and I was terrified going in to it.

Good advice...I am very active and had been working out with a personal trainer, walking, running plus I do all the yard work for our property. I purchased the sample kit for unjury and use Torani sugar feel flavors for my morning coffee. I'm glad you are having a good experience.

Good advice...I am very active and had been working out with a personal trainer, walking, running plus I do all the yard work for our property. I purchased the sample kit for unjury and use Torani sugar feel flavors for my morning coffee. I'm glad you are having a good experience.

You will be fine post op then. Don't let the pain get ahead of you. I mean, I'm sure it's different for everyone, but since mine was done via laproscopic method it is really not that bad. Don't be scared! I was so scared for two days I almost called it off. Changing eating habits before surgery helps a lot too. Good luck to you. Lmk how it goes.

I've had 3 laprscopic surgeries and bounce back really quickly and with very little pain. My hope is that this surgery won't be much worse. I have a high pain tolerance so not too worried but cautiously optimistic.

Happy for you and I'm sure the rest will be easy breezy. Well kind of. Anyway. I thank you so much for your post because I'm going in on Sept 12th and need to hear your great news. My only issue is the anxiety I get when I'm on those OR tables and they put that mask over your face to breath. I have to ask for I.V to put me out instead of that dumb mask. Did you have that gas mask?

Hi all. I literally just had surgery. Went in 4 1/2 hours ago. I'm up, walking around, doing that spirometer w no coughing. No problems. Knock wood! I imagine the diladid (sp) helps, but still in all...it's NOT a nightmare. I did lose 25 pounds this summer on my own and exercised a fair amount. I'm sure that also helps. Tmr I could be writhing in pain w complications galore, but for now I feel fine. Don't let the horror stories scare you. Make sure your surgeon and program is a Center of Excellence. Mine is. HW 279. SW 245. Goal weight ????? I honestly don't know. Good luck to all of you. If you're contemplating but scared, as NIKE says...just do it is my recommendation.

Congratulations! Glad everything is going well for you. My surgery date is September 12 and I'm watching these posts to see how everyone is doing. Take care, stay hydrated, and best of luck to you!

Congratulations! Glad everything is going well for you. My surgery date is September 12 and I'm watching these posts to see how everyone is doing. Take care, stay hydrated, and best of luck to you!

@@TeeJay

Im going in too on Sept 12th. Hope you do well and hope I see you on here after so we can chat. Good luck and speedy recovery to you.

Edited by bellalulu