Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Anderson and St. Al's are great, IMO. I know some have had minor problems with St. Al's, but my experience was great. Dr. A's presentation is enlightening and informative, although due to limited time, it is not all encompassing. Since joining this forum I have "discovered" much more of the minor details about all aspects of the lapband adventure. I wouldn't change anything though, even if I had known about this forum before my surgery.

I was referred to Dr. A by my GP, Dr. Larry Brown. I finally told him I was tired of playing the yo yo game, and my weight was starting to really affect my health. Doc B. just kept adding meds. and increasing doses to keep up with my increasing weight. Since beginning this journey three months ago I have already been able to reduce doses of my two diabetes meds. and one high BP med. I've also been able to lower the pressure on my BIPAP machine. All the doc's say that when I am back to a "normal" weight I may be able to get completely off some meds. and greatly reduce doses on others. That, along with the "reduced" tent (clothing) and food budgets ought to be enough savings to buy a new car in a year or so, LOL.

A couple years ago my GP also referred me to an ENT doctor, (Dr. Mathew Schwarz) who set me up for a sleep study. The study showed I would stop breathing over 400 times an hour. That got me on the CPAP (and later BIPAP) machine, which made sleeping a pleasure again, not to mention feeling rested when I awake in the morning.

I have been to two different dieticians, Jolyn Seibert (independent) and Liz Warhurst (St. Al's). Both are really good, IMO, but Liz at St. Al's. is a little less expensive. I mainly went to Jolyn first because I was able to get an quicker appointment that fit my schedule. Be aware that the dieticians' philosophies and recommendations will differ from the doctors'. I don't know why that is, and don't really care, as I no longer need to go to the dietician at this point. I also am doing what Dr. A wants me to do, as he is the surgeon and, IMO is the director of my weight loss program. The dieticians to have some good ideas and hints though.

Good luck on your upcoming journey, and enjoy the seminar. Don't be afraid to ask questions, either, as everyone there is in the same barge (boat) as you. In just three short months, I have already seen so many favorable changes in me (and my body) physically that I can hardly "weight" to see what the future brings. I never thought I would ever be able to lose this ball and chain I've been carrying around for so long, but now I have a new perspective and see there is hope for a better, healthier life. Keep us posted on how things are going, and when you get a banding date.

Wheetsin,

I hope this means that you're a Bronco fan? Did you see the game on ESPN the other night? WOW!! If not, it'll be on again tonight...ESPN Classic at 6:00 PM. Where are you hiding out? What are you majoring in at BSU on-line? I see you were banded back in March. How are you doing with the band? Any problems? How much have you lost so far? Oh, and yes, sometimes life is a big joke.....and I usually don't get it either.

Actually I'm not much of a sports fan at all, especially collegiate sports. And having never been to the campus, I never got wrapped up "in the spirit."

I'm in Kansas City, MO. I don't follow the Chiefs or Royals either. :)

I was banded March of last year. So far I have lost about 165 lbs, and have about 50 - 70 left to lose.

there is a support group meeting tonight at the white tent at St Als 7pm is anyone planning on attending Hubby and I are. I went last month and it was great. this month there is a guest speaker from northern Idaho who is a patient of Dr. Cahn's who has had great success. Dr. Cahn's nurse Debra runs the group she too has had the band installed. there is also the monday meeting coming up next week but because of work I can't make them but they look promising too.

I just sent him a pm with the same info! I think I met you at the last meeting, Gwen. And you're right, they are very good! Hope to see you tonight!

yep you met me I am bandedmomof7's friend.

good to see you on this board too

hope too see you tonight tried to talk hubby into going to applbee's but as we are going to the gym before that he didn't want to go to dinner right after

I just sent him a pm with the same info! I think I met you at the last meeting, Gwen. And you're right, they are very good! Hope to see you tonight!

Hi Everyone my name is Dr. Luke Mayes. Not only am i a lap band patient, banded 11-23-07 in juarez mexico, i have also become a fill doctor. i keep all of my rates below fill centers rates and a very excited to be centrally located to so many people who no longer have to travel or fly long distances just to get their after care. if you have any questio-ns or would like to come meet -us, please give our office a call or email me. 208-375-9000 or drlukemayes@gmail.com or staff@drlukemayes.com

Hi,

I live in Kuna Idaho and I am working with Dr. Korn. I have done my visits with the nutricianist (sp) Phsych Eval, Cardio Eval. I meet with Dr. Korn on the 21st of November and hope to be banded by the 2nd week of December. How do you like it so far?

Hi Everyone,

Dr. Korn gave me my surgery date today. I am getting banded for Christmas 12/23/08. Today is a happy day, I cannot wait until Christmas this year!!

Wow!

You went through a lot before you finally got the Ok, to be banded. My surgery is scheduled for 12/23/08. I am so excited! My husband is going to be my support so he went to the seminar with me and went in to see Dr. Korn to get a better understanding of the process. I am so excited for Christmas! This year Santa is bringing a new me! Any advice for the newbie prior to going in for surgery or after?