Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous and excited

My gastric bypass surgery is Sept 6 !!! And boy am I nervous...I heard about the gas pains and nausea....I think that's what I'm more nervous about. I hope it doesn't last too long. Also I've been watching the series on YouTube...and slot of them come out of the O.R. with a blue stain on their face? I'm assuming that's from the leak test??

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. It is common to be nervous before an operation.

I am not sure what you mean by blue stain on their face. I don't remember any. But maybe I wasn't focused on the way I looked after surgery. I think my only focus was not to reveal too much wearing a hospital gown, that is somewhat open in the back. This was especially true when I walked the corridors of the hospital once every two hours.

Good luck! Have you ever noticed how much nervousness feels like excitement? For the record, I had no nausea and very little gas pain. I walked every chance I got in the hospital which helps with gas . . . and I asked for a second hospital gown to wear like a robe so there was "southern exposure." I hope all goes well for you. Before you know it, the surgery will be over and you'll be on your way to your new life!

I had bypass and no blue stain. Not sure what that is all about.

Just remember the gas pain subsides more quickly if you get up and get moving ASAP after surgery. Also plenty of Water to flush the toxins.....

Best of luck!

Will do thank you!

Good luck! Have you ever noticed how much nervousness feels like excitement? For the record, I had no nausea and very little gas pain. I walked every chance I got in the hospital which helps with gas . . . and I asked for a second hospital gown to wear like a robe so there was "southern exposure." I hope all goes well for you. Before you know it, the surgery will be over and you'll be on your way to your new life!

Awesome thank you!

I realize there's a lot of junk more dramatic things online then in reality. I was scared to but it was just an easy process. Yippie everything went perfect you have a little gas pains under your left breast. To get rid of the pain, you just got to walk and get the gas out. fart fart and fart and you're going to be great and always make sure they give you good meds. My other advice is keep the door open to your room you don't want to fart bomb anybody!

You got this!!!!!

Good luck and thanks!

267/243/224

Surgery date 08/15/16