Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today was my first day back to work after surgery. I grabbed a piece of chocolate from the candy dish ???? whyyyyy.... That was so stupid. Then I get home and my kids had just cooked a fresh pizza, my husband,starts yelling about something dumb, I start crying and then grabbed a slice of pizza... Took a bite and swallowed. My chest is on fire! Why must I be so stupid... Im still on liquids!! ???? I am really paying now... Can't breath it feels like I just took a blow to the chest just under my breast bone! I have a lot of pride and would not usually share this out of shame....but isn't that what were here for? To talk to others who are going thru the same. Thanks for reading about my screw up! I am so mad at myself!

Sent from my VS985 4G using the BariatricPal App

Its normal after being on liquids to want real food, and emotional eating is a big cause of cheating post surgery.

This is why people are advised to stick to the plan and to deal with their psychological issues with food from the beginning.

Don't be so hard on yourself, so you fell off the wagon, now get back on and stay on.... you have learned a lesson.. eating solids too soon = pain.

You can understand now that your body is not ready, and you now know why doctors force us on the post op diet so we don't injure/hurt our sleeve. Valuable lesson.

So today was my first day back to work after surgery. I grabbed a piece of chocolate from the candy dish ???? whyyyyy.... That was so stupid. Then I get home and my kids had just cooked a fresh pizza, my husband,starts yelling about something dumb, I start crying and then grabbed a slice of pizza... Took a bite and swallowed. My chest is on fire! Why must I be so stupid... Im still on liquids!! ???? I am really paying now... Can't breath it feels like I just took a blow to the chest just under my breast bone! I have a lot of pride and would not usually share this out of shame....but isn't that what were here for? To talk to others who are going thru the same. Thanks for reading about my screw up! I am so mad at myself!

I'm not having surgery until June, but I'm so afraid of "slipping". I know.ot happens, and we shouldn't feel ashamed. Just go right back to your liquid diet and don't beat yourself up! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

We learn lessons. It is hard when you all have children and those type foods in your homes. I am older and have no distractions of any foods in my home. Please be cautious about eating pizza, breads and foods without sitting down and slowly eating. I choked on a tiny piece of chicken when I was okayed for it. It was so scary so I understand. Retrain yourself to walk away from upsetting times, and smell the roses. Best wishes.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Take a deep breath...get back on track...most of all take a deep breath when you are stressed or upset and think about your choices. Our emotions have ruled our life in making poor eating decisions. You can do this...just learn from it and move on. We are all lesrning our new life and having to make life changing adjustments! Good luck to you honey. We are here for you!

It happens. You recognized it immediately and that's an important step. Get back on track now and keep going forward.

Once you do start getting back to solids, try having healthy Snacks available 24/7 so if you are tempted to eat, you can always grab something that will help, not hurt your progress.

Even more important than the pizza not being a healthy choice, it's extremely important that you be careful so soon after surgery because things are still extremely fragile and healing. Something as rough as Pizza Crust could really do some major damage that could cause severe complications and you certainly don't want that!

But good job for coming clean and acknowledging it. It's not easy, but it is worth it....you fell off the horse....now get back on!

We're all cheering for you!

Thank you everyone.... Wow! I went out for a walk, came back to all this support! Thanks guys...,it means a lot.

You need to be more in tune with yourself. Think about what you are doing before you actually do it. I used to be like that. 500 things used to run through my mind at once and by the time I would realize what I had just put in my belly, it would be long too late. Change the routine by being in touch with yourself. Slow down. Don't rush through your day.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Pain is a good teacher. As I worked my way through the various food stages, there were times when Miss Tummy objected strongly. She made sure that I was miserable for hours. This is how you learn to listen to your new stomach. It is now the boss of you.

We all slip up! The "habit" eating is the toughest to overcome. Take it as a learning experience. You have now disproven "one small bite won't hurt." :D Hopefully enough time has passed & you feel a little better now. Take a walk, sit in a chair (do NOT lie down ;-) ). Tomorrow is a new day. You've got this!!

I'm glad to see that you went for a walk. That sounds like a healthy response to the situation! (((hugs)))

@@Tami_Lynn

If that pain doesn't ease up very soon call your Dr. Making mistakes while still on liquids and making mistakes later on are 2 really different things.

You can have food get stuck in your esophagus and cut off your airway. Anything bread or yeasty can expand.

Immediately post-op the eating plan isn't a diet, it is a medical prescription. This isn't like going over your points on WW.

My BF from college had bypass, advanced her food too fast and ended up on an eating tube. Don't be that person, follow your plan.

Not the end of the wirld I ate a fried egg white ,cut up very small while,i was on full luquids was hungry and dudnt think it wou k d hurt and it didnt at first byt then i wanted so mething sweet a bit of chocolate cupcake and three chips Ugh WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN HORRIBLE PAIN NM,NAUSEA AND VOMITING FIR HOURS COYKDNT KEEP MEDS WTH APPLESAUCE DOWN UGH!!!! WILL FORECER REMEMBER THAT DAY !!!!! TOMORROW IS ANEW DAY ,AT WORK U MIGHT WANT TO ASK THEM TO MOVE THE candy BOWL

Sent from my SM-J320P using the BariatricPal App