Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good for you @@charley27 Sometimes you just have to see for yourself and then you find they're not all they were cracked up to be. cheese in the oven sounds like a winner I just thought it would melt versus turning into a crisp. I bought some Colby jack individually packaged slices yesterday. 80 cal, 5 g Protein. I also bought wheat thins flatbread crackers to enjoy with tuna....

I think I'm going to pass on the flatbreads and make some cool Snacks with tuna, tomatoes, cucumbers and Colby jack cheese for the teens. I think the flatbreads with those toppings would be a great snack for them! A little too tempting for me though. I hate I'm like that.

My name is Candace... and I'm a CARBOHOLIC

They don't have any Protein.

You should be doing everything you can to get in your Protein. I am guessing if you are only eating 300 calories you aren't yet reaching your protein target.

"They don't have any protein."

You should check your facts...3g protein.

nutlabel-3222325_06870_2410044068_2.gif

3 grams protein to 150 calories is a lousy protein to calorie ratio ratio. 35 servings is 100 grams of protein. 35 x 150 = 5250 calories.

I stand by my statement.

Who eats 35 servings of crackers to achieve their protein goal? LOL

When you have to take something to an extreme to prove your point, then you probably don't have a point.

I had mashed potatoes when I was at the same stage. That doesn't mean I had 25 cups to make the protein goal.

Your statement was they don't have any protein, which is wrong.

Are there really people defending Cheez Its on a WLS board??

No wonder I never post here anymore. Pathetic.

And @@UCLA man, you had surgery in May. You MUST be an expert on all things bariatric! You would be the first person I would listen to in this thread!!

This isn't a support forum anymore. It's a coddle members to keep them in order to make Alex more money forum.

It's completely gone to the sh*t.

Oh, I almost forgot and ETA:

This is MY opinion.

Perhaps your surgery was so long ago you can't remember what it was like shortly after surgery.

It is a challenge for some. Some have nausea, vomiting, etc. My stomach couldn't tolerate everything. I ate mashed potatoes at that stage. (OMG may I be struck by lightening!)

If she is only getting 300 calories a day. She said she is having a problem getting much in. Her doctor approved saltines. I think the need to get more calories at that stage post surgery is more important than the insignificant difference in nutritional value between a saltine and a cheez it.

That was my point. Not that cheez its have the best nutritional value or eating 35 servings to reach the Protein goal.

ps. "This isn't a support forum anymore. It's a coddle members to keep them in order to make Alex more money forum."

I couldn't disagree more. Keep doing what you are doing Alex!

Edited by UCLA man

Girl, I was thinking this 2 days ago! I saw Cheeze-Itz in my sister's pantry and was wondering if I could have some once I'm able to eat real food again. I love the white cheddar ones. UGH! I miss them, lol! I guess it's ok if you eat them in small portions. I used to eat half a box at a time. o_o

Edited by Hiraeth

I eat Cheez-its sometimes. I eat goldfish crackers everyday. I also remember that shortly after surgery crackers that had too much flavor (which is usually higher fat content) made me super sick. In theory, if you can eat saltines you're fine eating Cheez-its, but they are more likely to make you sick than boring, bland saltines.

I love you for this! I love goldfish! I'm so excited to learn that I'll be able to eat them in the future! :D I seriously have the appetite of a 4-year-old, lmao!

Cheezits were one of the junk foods that i used to become a morbidly obese mofo.

I shelled out a large chunk of $$$$ to self fund surgery to help me with weight loss.

Why in the hell would I ever consider adding back such a food when I'm just beginning the weight loss stages.

I'm sorry....but this concept is no different than the recovering alcoholic who says he's gonna just limit himself to "one shot a day".

Bad idea.

Opening the door to all sorts of evil to rush in........

I eat Cheez-its sometimes. I eat goldfish crackers everyday. I also remember that shortly after surgery crackers that had too much flavor (which is usually higher fat content) made me super sick. In theory, if you can eat saltines you're fine eating Cheez-its, but they are more likely to make you sick than boring, bland saltines.

I love you for this! I love goldfish! I'm so excited to learn that I'll be able to eat them in the future! :D I seriously have the appetite of a 4-year-old, lmao!

You'll be able to have whatever you want one day. Anything at all.

It's all about getting through the weight loss phases and leveling off at maintenance living.

Eat wisely and closely monitor your weight. Have a normal way of eating that supports a healthy weight and a gameplan for swift corrective action that keeps you there. At a loved one's birthday party and want some cake?........sure. Eat cake everyday?.........I don't think so....not unless one can carve out the time to offset it with heaps of cardio or other.....

Oooooh chile... sips tea (unsweetened of course) I don't think anyone was DEFENDING Cheez-its, I guess some people feel like its not that deep. She just asked a question and the wrath of God was bestowed on her by some or at least I thought so. I should know because I myself have passed judgement ONCE about a woman and her bacon 3 days post op. I soooo regret that because none of us are perfect and it is a support forum not a nail em to the cross forum.

We come here to discuss things with a community of people with similar interests because these folks have been through it and we often share our experiences and opinions as I'm sure you already know. I don't know very many people in the real world (in my life) that have had WLS so some of us are quite new to this and are looking to discuss our questions and concerns with those who've gone through it. We're not looking to be coddle anyone but people don't want to feel condemned either.

As a NEWBIE, I find this site very helpful. There are some discussions that I don't agree with and some members that rub me the wrong way but I just move on...

Oooooh chile... sips tea (unsweetened of course) I don't think anyone was DEFENDING Cheez-its, I guess some people feel like its not that deep. She just asked a question and the wrath of God was bestowed on her by some or at least I thought so. I should know because I myself have passed judgement ONCE about a woman and her bacon 3 days post op. I soooo regret that because none of us are perfect and it is a support forum not a nail em to the cross forum.

We come here to discuss things with a community of people with similar interests because these folks have been through it and we often share our experiences and opinions as I'm sure you already know. I don't know very many people in the real world (in my life) that have had WLS so some of us are quite new to this and are looking to discuss our questions and concerns with those who've gone through it. We're not looking to be coddle anyone but people don't want to feel condemned either.

As a NEWBIE, I find this site very helpful. There are some discussions that I don't agree with and some members that rub me the wrong way but I just move on...

Another newbie here, too. In the overall scheme of things we are all newbies, no ???

Your post made me laugh. Ooooohhhhhhh chile. Grinning hugely at that. Good stuff.

You are right.

No judging.....just a knee-jerk reaction to cheezits. It reminds me of when I quit smoking.......and my wife started smoking two days later.....wut ? Are ya shittin' me, woman ?????? True story. Bish tortured me that way.

Opening up a box of Cheezits would be just like that for me......torture.

OP may have much stronger resolve. I'm a weak mofo.

@@Candygyrl I honestly don't think anyone was condemning her - just giving her healthier alternatives and suggestions. On a forum where the majority of us had 100+ lbs to lose (some still do) - no one should be encouraging cheeze-its as part of a post-op diet (especially for someone who is unable to consume more than 300 calories now). I would have suggested to skip the boring saltines too!

I guess I don't understand how expressing a different opinion equates to the "wrath of God". Is it me or are logical, nutritional options no longer desired? If so, I am going to say TOO BAD. :P

My answers are as much for the lurkers as they are for the people authoring the thread. I can't imagine many doctors who would give an enthusiastic thumbs up to processed food over real food at 2-3 months out. If the issue is truly caloric intake, I would rather one get more nutritional punch for their calories than something like Cheez-its would offer.

#TeamCheese #RealFood #ThreeYearsOutandSuccessful

For the record, my very first mushy food was mashed potatoes with fat free gravy -- recommended by my NP. I used real potatoes, not boxed, real milk, real butter, and Protein powder. (She did limit me to 1/4 cup a day.)

Real food, with real Fiber and added Protein. Mashed potatoes are in no way akin to Cheez-its.