Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you want to get into a pissing match over the best food choices, I raise you kale, quinoa and salmon.

Don't be so judgmental over someone else choice.

She asked about a cracker.

I'm on stage 3 now and I'm allowed saltines, can I have cheese itz? I'm having a hard time eating and only get in about 300 calories a day.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

They don't have any Protein.

You should be doing everything you can to get in your Protein. I am guessing if you are only eating 300 calories you aren't yet reaching your protein target.

I am allowed crackers and I eat them! I don't demonise them or carbs

You should be doing everything you can to get in your Protein. I am guessing if you are only eating 300 calories you aren't yet reaching your protein target.

"They don't have any protein."

You should check your facts...3g protein.

nutlabel-3222325_06870_2410044068_2.gif

Jeeeeeeeez Louise! @@charley27 if you want crackers by all means pick the best option and test the waters. People will be touchy about this subject because something like that is well known around here as a slider food. I say as long as you're aware of this introduce new foods with caution.

Crackers can be a slippery slope for some of us. I'm very new on this board but I read about people in their journey 8 mos out or 3years and 8 mos out discuss their struggles with regaining and sometimes it begins with a gateway like Cheez-its.

So yes we all crave a little crunch. Some of us are well in control and can have a handful of Cheez-its now and again, for others its a trigger food. Govern yourself, give it a try, see how you do. Only you can be the judge. I had 9 wheat thins with a single serving cup of hummus. I swear the scale jumped up 2 lbs lol. (Unlikely cause) but you get it.

Crackers were advised by my NUT to be had Usually with a Protein and in very limited amounts.

It doesn't seem to have enough Protein to be worth the calories but variety is the spice of life. Take care.

I so wish we had these "cheese it" thingies here in Australia... this is the 2nd thread that ive seen about those things... they must be awesome..... because it seems that the topic always triggers a debate lol

I wanna try them! lol

Maybe someone would be kind enough to send me a box lol

If you want to get into a pissing match over the best food choices, I raise you kale, quinoa and salmon.

Don't be so judgmental over someone else choice.

She asked about a cracker.

She didn't ask about kale, quinoa or salmon (which is actually what I made for dinner Monday) nor was I being judgemental. I simply offered a better alternative for her stage in the game and I did so with a bit of humor to boot.

Crackers can be a slippery slope and my suggestion was made with good intent. Clearly that's not understood around these parts so I acquiesce to your more approved of answer! As I said, Cheese-itz for all!

3 g of Protein per almost 30 crackers. I doubt she is eating 30 crackers in a sitting at this stage. So they really don't have protein like @@Inner Surfer Girl said.

All this talk about cheese-itz is making my hungry!! haha Cheese-itz were one of my favorites back in the day when I didn't care what I ate.......man! just writing about them make me want some... That in itself tells me I better stay far far away from those evil things! haha

On the other hand, I've tried the baked cheddar cheese that you do yourself just by putting cheese on parchment paper and baking it in the oven and it's awesome....and almost too close to the taste of cheese-itz to be safe for me......Now let's talk about something else so I can stop craving them! :D

Just so y'all know....I've just put some cheese in the oven! :P

"They don't have any protein."

You should check your facts...3g protein.

nutlabel-3222325_06870_2410044068_2.gif

3 grams protein to 150 calories is a lousy protein to calorie ratio ratio. 35 servings is 100 grams of protein. 35 x 150 = 5250 calories.

I stand by my statement.

I tried two crackers and made it! I didn't really like them anymore. I used to LOVE them.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@charley27 If you are only getting about 300 calories (which I assume you aren't getting much Protein either) - you need to find options with a high nutritional value. Filling up on crackers of any kind is not a good idea. If you're not able to eat enough protein - please supplement with a shake until you can. Protein is extremely important. Only eating 300 calories will damage your metabolism permanently.