Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im sure youve all read this a thousand times

Hi. Have you tried swimming? I am sure someone already said that lol

Also as far as revisio goes, i would say that if you can eat more the 4-8 oz of solid Protein with co.fort then youay want to talk to your surgeon. Stop snacking! I a huge grazer and emotional eater. That is the biggest reason i am stalled now. I am not an MD so i could be way off, but if you need to talk things out or need support, contact me :)

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Thank you @JillC878...I will get in touch :)

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using the BariatricPal App

Three years out here!

Swim. Then swim some more. After that, go swimming.

As far as restriction. I went to Las Vegas last week and refused to pay $$ when I can't eat more than a cup and a half in one sitting on a really good day. I barely ate over 500 calories for five days (although I drank a few too many).

Since then, my restriction is almost what it was immediately post op. I can eat 2-3 oz of Protein at a sitting max. My cravings for carbs are gone.

I've often heard of "veterans" doing an all liquid diet for 3-5 days to "reset" their restriction. My guess is that it works!

Let's say you weigh 155 and want to lose, that puts you all the way down at 550 calories/day?

I am guessing you adjust but just curious if you know the rule.

"Rule?" In whose kingdom? A person who chooses to live on 550 calories is courting suicidal and homicidal tendencies.

@@higher yes it does, or you can exercise more, or choose to lose slower and eat at a 500 calorie deficit instead of a 1000 calorie deficit. And all of these are just starting points -- they generally work, but you need to play around and see exactly how they work in your body. For example, I should maintain at about 1450 calories by these guidelines, but I actually maintain at more like 1600-1700 calories. But I know other people who weigh the same as me but need to eat more like 1200 or they start gaining.

Thank you!

Let's say you weigh 155 and want to lose, that puts you all the way down at 550 calories/day?

I am guessing you adjust but just curious if you know the rule.

"Rule?" In whose kingdom? A person who chooses to live on 550 calories is courting suicidal and homicidal tendencies.

That's why I asked !

Not sure how this thread ended up in this category? Lol...fat fingers I suppose? Anyways...appreciate all your responses. I dont have a NUT as I paid to have have my surgery in Mexico, but perhaps Ill get in touch with one privately to go over my needs. Thank you all again...perhaps logging in more than once every two years may help too :)

@@solea78 I can only speak to the arthritis. I am also bone on bone in left knee and very close to it in right knee. I picked up a second hand Gazelle (Tony Little). Doesn't really require bending knees, though you can if you want. You can work up a good sweat with no impact. It is allowing me to get moving. Used to run on the treadmill (miss it). I also was doing exercise bicycle (with very low resistance) but was concerned it was just tearing up my knees more. You may want to give Gazelle a try. I tried to do Water aerobics. There are still many moves that require bending the knees, which hurts, and the logistics of doing a Water class several times a week was too much of a pain for my schedule.

My surgeon said 100% of the people who go back to them having gained weight drink while they eat. They don't follow the wait 30 minutes rule.

Eat lower carb and wait 30 minutes after eating to drink anything. It's hard, I'm only 5 weeks out and I struggle with it too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi All,

Im 38 and had gastric sleeve surgery almost 2 years ago now. I originally lost about 80 pounds and have regained about 20 after having fallen into poor eating habits again...also I had been jogging until a few months ago and was finally getting back on track until my knee gave out (through MRI found that I have ostioarthritis in my knee and am bone on bone). I am now not only struggling with trying to find a good cardio solution but just getting back to getting my head in the game. Any tips/pointers, things that have worked for any of you to achieve your goals? Just looking for some support/encouragment that its still possible even years out of surgery. I am currently 225 and would like to be at 160.

Second question...is it possible to get back to feeling restriction again?

Third question..how does a person determine if they need a revision?

Thanks so much.

I relate. I had my GS in 2012...lost118 lbs and got back to my old habits too. I do not exercise...one because I don't like to and two because of the same problem as you....and also other health issues. I have had one total knee replacement and need the other one done...but I went through hell with the first one and don't want to until I have no choice i the matter. Recently I finally found a Protein drink I absolutely love...Syntrax nectar. So I have given up sodas, don't eat anything white, no sugar...only splenda and I don't count anything daily but my Protein. I am 5 ft 6 in so I follow the 1 Gm per inch of that and I get a minimum of 66 GM of protein per day. I am losing again as I had gained back 20-25 lbs. I was eating at night...I am bipolar so I wasn't sleeping properly. Now I finally found a med that let's me sleep. I drink one of my Protein drinks before I go to bed. I am not a big Water drinker either but I count all the tea I drink...which is quite a bit in this 100+ degree weather here in Texas. Don't beat yourself up...you will find what works for your body.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

@@solea78

I'm 2 years out. My cardio is limited right now due to an injury. I can eat more food, Its important for me to keep my diet dialed in. (log your food) go back to basics. Protein first ( I upped my Protein to 100 to 150 gms), vegetables low carb. As much Water as you can get in.

If you are looking for meal ideas..Here is a site for recipes

http://insidekarenskitchen.com/bariatric-friendly-recipes/

Swimming or anything low impact are great options. Another option is to lift weights at home or in a gym.

Studies show that a well-designed strength program can elevate your EPOC or metabolism for up to 38 hours after the workout. In other words, you continue to burn calories long after strength training. Whereas once you stop cardio, the calorie burning stops as well.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/buffmother2.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/strength-training-for-fat-loss-building-a-bigger-engine.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

.We are here cheering you on.