Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all how much liquid intake are you all doing post op I was sleeved 7/13/16 and I don't have much out put when using the bathroom. I drink a 20oz container of Water and about a cup of milk anyone with good success have a template of daily eating and drinking intake for me I'm struggling I find I'm more successful when I have a visual guide I'm on the soft/pureed step right now I like the lactoos milk Don't like Protein Drinks like Iso Pure, The ones in the red and white box... Please Help

Sent from my LG-H950 using the BariatricPal App

I think the standard is about 64 oz a day.....so the 28 you say you drink isn't near enough. I hope that helps.

Drink Water (liquids) all day and evening to get to at least 64 ozs. As for Protein Shakes I like premier and EAS advantedge. Unjur has a lot of different options. Have also hear that Atkins lift protien drinks are good but have not tried them myself.

Hi all how much liquid intake are you all doing post op I was sleeved 7/13/16 and I don't have much out put when using the bathroom. I drink a 20oz container of Water and about a cup of milk anyone with good success have a template of daily eating and drinking intake for me I'm struggling I find I'm more successful when I have a visual guide I'm on the soft/pureed step right now I like the lactoos milk Don't like Protein drinks like Iso Pure, The ones in the red and white box... Please Help

You definitely need to increase your Water intake. I like the Atkins Lift water, but they're pricey. Have you tried anything like Syntrax Nectars to add to your water so you're getting Protein as well? When I was just a few weeks out, it was hard to get volume in, so I combined my protein with my water so that I didn't have to try to get down soft protein AND 64 oz/water daily. I'm using an unflavored Protein powder in my beverages now, along with some water flavor drops like Mio. Good luck!

Cogal really 72oz of what and are you losing the weight?

I just drink Water all day... Literally. I have lost 20lbs since surgery 7-14. I feel like I am at a stall the past week though.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by cogal

Hi all how much liquid intake are you all doing post op I was sleeved 7/13/16 and I don't have much out put when using the bathroom. I drink a 20oz container of Water and about a cup of milk anyone with good success have a template of daily eating and drinking intake for me I'm struggling I find I'm more successful when I have a visual guide I'm on the soft/pureed step right now I like the lactoos milk Don't like Protein drinks like Iso Pure, The ones in the red and white box... Please Help

@@Suziesue1706, Sorry to hear about your liquid intake struggles. I know the feeling. My NUT suggested at least a 40oz intake for the first 4 weeks and to gradually increase by 8 oz per week from there. Fluid intake includes Clear liquids only. Refer to your clear liquid guidelines but just to name a few-- Water, sugar free Jello, popsicles, Gatorade or Powerade (sugarfree), diluted fruit juices such as apple, white grape, cranberry, Tea, Broths like chicken, beef, bone broth which has the highest Protein content.

The Protein shakes and such count toward protein intake NOT Fluid intake except in the case of certain drinks like protein waters, and Fruit Drinks which are designed to help bariatric patients meet protein goals. Otherwise, according to my NUT those are not factored in terms of fluid consumption. Everyones guidelines are different and it may count in your case.

The whole point is that you don't just have to rely on WATER to meet your goals fluid goals. Some people are able to do a gallon 2 weeks out, some people are barely able to get through a bottle 6 weeks out. Think outside the box. If you for example eat your meals three times a day at 9am -1pm- and 5pm, then within 30 minutes AFTER those meals you should be taking in some form of liquid. The little 8 oz bottle waters worked well for me because it was little. So mentally it did not look like much and I was able to get them down in about 10 minutes or less.

You have to be diligent. It won't just happen- you have to make a conscious effort and damn near force yourself to do it. Sometimes when I leave the house and go to the store for instance. I tell myself, you cannot get out of this car until you finish this water. So if I have to sit there for an extra 8 minutes 10 minutes or whatever I do it but it works. I prefer to drink water. Not everyone does, soooo kudos for getting the 20 oz in that's a start! See tips below:

Maybe try to drink 8 oz within 30 min of waking.

Then plan to have at least one meal that is liquid based like a Bone Broth (which doubles as a protein and a liquid).

During or after a workout drink a sugarfree gatorade, Powerade or even water if you're feeling it (this is where I maximize my fluid intake).

Have an 8oz diluted fruit juice with lots of ice after one of your meals

Enjoy a mid day sugar free popsicle or 2

Keep a cup of ice chips nearby

Have a sugar free Jello as an evening snack

Have a little "me time" and treat yourself to a cup of tea

Never leave the house without your drink (water bottle, G2, Crystal light) and during car rides, shopping trips, visiting family, commuting to work-- Turn up the music and sip sip sip.

Don't feel like you have to get up to 64 oz TODAY. Continue with the 20oz and find at least 4 other times during the day to sneak in your ounces here and there. YOU CAN DO THIS. Continue to work your way up til your reach your goal. If you're still struggling you will have to call your surgeons office to inform them and they make have to arrange to give you IV fluids to prevent kidney injury. Good Luck!!!!

@@Suziesue1706, Sorry to hear about your liquid intake struggles. I know the feeling. My NUT suggested at least a 40oz intake for the first 4 weeks and to gradually increase from there. Fluid intake includes Clear Liquids only. Refer to your clear liquid guidelines but just to name a few-- sugar free Jello, popsicles, Gatorade or Powerade (sugarfree), diluted fruit juices such as apple, white grape, cranberry, Tea, Broths like chicken, beef, bone broth has the highest Protein content.

The protein shakes and such count toward protein intake NOT Fluid intake except in the case of certain drinks protein waters, and Fruit Drinks which are designed to help bariatric patients meet protein goals. Otherwise, according to my NUT those are not factored in terms of fluid consumption. Everyones guidelines are different and it may count in your case.

The whole point is that you don't just have to rely on Water to meet your goals fluid goals. Some people are able to do a gallon 2 weeks out, some people are barely able to get through a bottle 6 weeks out. Think outside the box. If you for example eat your meals three times a day at 9am -1pm- and 5pm, then within 30 minutes AFTER those meals you should be taking in some form of liquid. The little 8 oz bottle waters worked well for me because it was little. So mentally it did not look like much and I was able to get them down in about 10 minutes or less.

You have to be diligent. It won't just happen- you have to make a conscious effort and damn near force yourself to do it. Sometimes when I leave the house and go to the store for instance. I tell myself, you cannot get out of this car until you finish this water. So if I have to sit there for an extra 8 minutes 10 minutes or whatever I do it but it works. I prefer to drink water. Not everyone does, soooo kudos for getting the 20 oz in that's a start!

Maybe try to drink 8 oz within 30 min of waking.

Then plan to have at least one meal that is liquid based like a Bone Broth (which doubles as a protein and a liquid).

During or after a workout drink a sugarfree gatorade, Powerade or even water if you're feeling it (this is where I maximize my fluid intake).

Have an 8oz diluted fruit juice with lots of ice after one of your meals

Enjoy a mid day sugar free popsicle or 2

Keep a cup of ice chips nearby

Have a sugar free Jello as an evening snack

Have a little "me time" and treat yourself to a cup of tea

Never leave the house without your drink (water bottle, G2, Crystal light) and during car rides, shopping trips, visiting family, commuting to work-- Turn up the music and sip sip sip.

Don't feel like you have to get up to 64 oz TODAY. Continue with the 20oz and find at least 4 other times during the day to sneak in your ounces here and there. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Continue to work your way up til your reach your goal. Good Luck!!!!

You have just made my morning ???? I really needed this to help me along I had so much chicken broth my first week I vowed to never look at it again but it makes sense to use it as a duel purpose. I will also sip more Water and diluted fruit juices I Love Sonic Ice so that part should be easy enough. When was you procedure? How is your progress going?

@@Suziesue1706 I really hope that helps you. I was sleeved 7/1/16. I'm now 5 weeks post op. I'm at about 27 lbs lost post op. My goal is to get to 30 by next Monday. I lost 14 the first week stalled the 2nd week and early into week 3 I started losing again at an average of about 3-4 lbs a week. I'm waiting on the stall but praying it doesn't come for awhile. So all in all its going well I think. I screwed up during week 2. I was pushing the limits and trying foods I had no business eating (hot dog, chips, soda) But I put a stop to that and recognized that the surgery is a tool, and will not prevent you from eating things you shouldn't. That really scared me--how easy we can let old habits creep up-- but it also empowered me to make better choices from that point forward.

By week 3 I was back on track and trying to create a plan to reach my Protein, Fluid and exercise targets. By week 4 I was implementing those plans and trying to make it stick because I felt like its been 1 month and I can't just keep NOT hitting my goals because I'm still trying to "get the hang of it". So it's week 5 and I'm getting the hang of it. Some days are better than others. Everyday is a new day to push reset. Not really struggling with food choices at this time. Just struggling to get it all in. So because of that I push most of my Proteins and fluids between 8am and 6pm. I drink one premier shake, 2 greek yogurts and a snack like hummus, or tuna to hit 80% of my Protein goals before I get home from work. I drink from a 24 oz Water bottle so I prepare it the night before, I start on it first thing in the morning I'm refilling it usually by lunch 2pm, and done by the time I get home from work. if I workout, I'll have a little more, If I'm outdoors, I'll have a little more. I know I could probably force myself to drink more in a shorter time but right now I'm maintaining just fine and will continue to pace myself. Eventually I will get there.

Right now, I don't exercise everyday (shame)-- But again, I will get there. Right now, I'm exercising about 2 days a week, 1 hour. In 2 weeks I will increase by 1 day, in another 2 add 1 more day, and then I'll be content with 4 days a week. I'm not where the exercise physiologist wants me to be, but I'm where it works for me right now. The other 2-3 days a week I will do strength and toning exercises like yoga, pilates, stretching, dumbells and such for a min of 30 min.

Everyone has their own journey. I don't compare myself to others and I don't try to do what someone else is doing unless I think it will benefit me. Some of us are more motivated less motivated, organized, disorganized, We all have different personalities, and things that either trigger us or motivate us There is no one size fits all in this journey. I remember casting down judgement on a member because she ate bacon 2 or 3 days post op! And then I turned around and ate a hot dog and Doritos 8 days post op. The point is none of us are perfect. I wish you well and hope that your situation improves very very soon!

What is Sonic Ice? I actually went other day thinking I could get something icey and cold to eat with a spoon.....They had nothing! He told me the only sugar free things they had were carbonated. I was disappointed. Maybe if I knew what to ask for?

You have just made my morning I really needed this to help me along I had so much chicken broth my first week I vowed to never look at it again but it makes sense to use it as a duel purpose. I will also sip more Water and diluted fruit juices I Love Sonic Ice so that part should be easy enough. When was you procedure? How is your progress going?