Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Salad....ever again? If so when?

I, along with others, am finally eating salad! I waited until I was at my 8 week mark, had it yesterday along with steamed tuna. Though I can still only manage to get down a few tablespoons at each meal, it was amazingly satisfying and worth the wait. You will be at this point soon enough!

Eat your greens as soon as you can tolerate them. Replace one meal every day with only veggies and your body will be able to lose weight faster. There are so many toxins released as fat cells break down and our bodies desperately need the nutrients found in vegetables, that many misguided surgeons tell patients to replace with "protein, "which is mostly going to be highly processed dairy products or meat. These add to the causes of inflammation and are hard on the organs working to flush all the toxins from the fat breaking down. Greens clean the body!

"Of course you can have salads again", is what my surgeon told me during one of the last appointments.

He simply cautioned me to eat the chicken or steak from the salad first....then the eggs and then onto the crunchy salad vegetables on it.

I believe this was at my 6 month appointment.

This is what my program says too. Per my program, you can start raw veggies starting at 8 weeks out. It may be several months more before you have much room for veggies, or your stomach tolerates them well.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was cleared for salads at 5 weeks. (I was sleeved 6/7) I know all docs are different though. I've never had any issues. I agree with Dub though, Protein first:)

I was allowed at 3 months. I find that by the time I eat the Protein, I only have room for a few forkfuls of the lettuce and other veggies. I'm just happy to be able to eat salad again, I'm like you, I love salad

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App