Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How am I doing? Feedback encouraged.

I would like feed back from those who are past the 4 week post-op phase to weigh in on how you think I'm doing. My surgery was July 6, 2016. I lost 7 lbs during the two week pre-op phase and 19 lbs in the past 4 weeks post-op. Total since June 25...26 lbs.

Am I doing okay? Should it be more? I feel great except my belly button incision...still a small open wound, but not infected. Energy low, but manageable. I feel like it should be more weight loss, but perhaps I'm doing good.

Thanks.

I've lost the same amount of weight since my 5 day pre-op diet and had surgery a day after you. Personally, I think I'm killin' the weight loss game and you should too. It's a lot of weight in not a lot of time!

Tell me how well you are complying with your post-op plan. Meeting your targets for calories, carbs, Protein, fluids? Eating in the manner your doctor prescribed, not jumping ahead of your planned progression? Walking or other exercise if that is in your plan?

That's the only way I can measure how you are doing. There is no schedule for weight loss, and if you expect to lose a certain amount within x days, or think that you "should" be losing more, you will eventually drive yourself nuts. In the end, you can't control the exact rate of weight loss, you can only do your best to comply with a sensible plan of post op eating and exercise. IMO that's what you should be focusing on, not the numbers on the scale.< /p>

I would like feed back from those who are past the 4 week post-op phase to weigh in on how you think I'm doing. My surgery was July 6, 2016. I lost 7 lbs during the two week pre-op phase and 19 lbs in the past 4 weeks post-op. Total since June 25...26 lbs.

Am I doing okay? Should it be more? I feel great except my belly button incision...still a small open wound, but not infected. Energy low, but manageable. I feel like it should be more weight loss, but perhaps I'm doing good.

Thanks.

My stats are similar to yours. My surgery was July 5. Glad to know

Buffelhead, I have been faithful to follow the plan given me by my doctor. I drink up to 64 oz of Water (which includes two Protein drinks a day ...60 grams of Protein, usually 1 egg in the morning, and refried Beans 1/2 cup and some chicken usually 1/2 of breast in the evening. I take my Vitamins twice a day and three Calcium chews. My excercise program has not really began. My doctor has said nothing about calorie counting or carbs. I'm just beginning my stage 4-6 week plan. Tomorrow I can begin eating soft vegetables and pealed fruit.< /p>

I had similar questions. My surgery was on July 13th and I just feel like I'm doing something wrong.