Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How stict are you with low carb?

:cryI used to be a fan of low carb and to be honest don't remember doing it while being banded but i may have before having a baby and losing my mind! LOL

I have a HUGE carb addiction, and need to knock it on the head. NOW!

If you do low carb how strict are you? Do you think there would be any probs with me say doing the Atkins induction for a few days till i get the rubbish outta my system? Has anyone else tried this? Did stuff get stuck?

Please help, I am at crisis point! (up 1.2kg this week - no losses for more than two months only gains....:think)Yes i think i need afill too, but i know i have a sugar/carb problem and have had for sometime.:hungry::hungry:

I was a carb-a-holic myself. Carbs are not the enemy...simple carbs are. (White bread, white rice and other processed carbs are the unhealthy culprits.)

Eating whole-grain carbs are OK and a necessary part of a balanced diet. So, I enjoy a baked potato and brown rice or whatever whole-grain carb I like...just in moderation. One word of caution...a lot of stuff will advertise that they are a good source of whole-grain but if you read the label you need to look to verify that it specifically lists only whole-grains and not "enriched" or other modified carbs as well.

I hope that helps. I've lost a good amount of weight and still enjoyed whole-grain carbs along the way!

I have little choice but to be strict with myself regarding white carbs. If I start eating them I finish whatever I'm eating. :huggie: The more you eat the more you want. The less you eat the less you want.

Going below 10-20gms daily for a few days to get out of the cycle of binging on carbs is what I do because for me it's all or none.

I am very strict on doing low carb. The only carbs I eat is from a tiny bit of fruit, to try to help with my bathroom problems. If I eat carbs, all I think about and obsess about is candy, Cookies, ice cream, etc. Bandster rules are Protein first then veggies. If you eat that way, you don't have room for carbs anyway.

:clap2:Thanks so much you guys...thats just what i needed to hear. Support is few and far between for me here and your feed back means a lot!

LB i agree that carbs are not the enemey, but right now for me they are...and today i haven't had any processed carbs only a few berries - the rest Protein. I am feeling it now already, but fighting through it.

WBB Going without for a few days is exactly what i started this morning.

I am like you and the others too no doubt...its all or nothing...I had to get DH to hide the Cookies i baked for the kids yesterday! BLAH I wouldn't have stopped until they were gone!

Denise technically there is no room! But I can make chocolate fit i am telling ya! The thing is to control them, and i have taken that step today.

Gosh it feels good to just be able to chat about it! Dh thinks i am weird because i have these cravings...he has no idea what i am talking about and thinks its just an excuse...wish it was:(

Anyway, the good news is that i have just about made the whole day through, a couple more hours to go.:huggie:

I even got out on the kids trampoline today for 10 mins (and collapsed in fits of hysterics..LOL and I also ahve a touch of the flu developing i think..)which is more exercise than i have managed in a long time! Its a good workout for your legs too if you didn't already know!:)

i, too, am VERY strict low carb (normally under 20gram TOTAL a day - i do not subtract for fiber). it is the one program that works quite well for me (down almost 7.5 pounds last week).

but i also work my tail off at the gym almost every day.

How do you LC when beef and even chicken are hard to get down? I am not banded yet, but I would love to go back to LCing after the band. However, I keep hearing that I will never be able to eat steak again, for example.

Do you eat mostly eggs?

Thanks!

~~Amaara

amaara

I can pretty much get anything down I want. including chicken and steak. in fact for dinner tonight I had about 2 oz if a ribeye and it was soooooooo good.

I am very well restricted since my last fill.

good luck!

I eat chicken all the time. The only reason I don't each much steak is I try not to eat red meat very often. The times I have had it, I had no trouble. You just have to make sure to take tiny bites and chew like crazy.

I can eat all meats as well. I just select tender cuts and chew well. From most of the people I talk to they seem to be able to handle most meats well also as long as you go SLOW and CHEW :(

I don't consciously count carbs like I do calories and Protein.. But I have swapped from the processed breads to wholewheat, and whatever is lower in calories (which again was me looking at calories, not carbs). And instead of normal potatos, I eat red potatos (which are also lower calorie.).. So I'm just trying to get 'better' carbs than I use to.

I keep thinking about restricting carbs, but being a former Atkins fanatic, I really want to avoid that road.