Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is my surgery day. I'm feeling a lot. I'm so excited. I'm so ready to change my life. But I'm also terrified of complications, infection, death... and the usual stuff.

My husband is taking me. And we have a two year old son who is our heartbeat. He's a major reason I'm doing this. I want to be so healthy for him. so I can play harder and lead by example.

I have battled obesity since 2nd grade. In the midst of really healthy parents and siblings. I've been obese. I have PCOS, uncontrolled type two diabetes, and high blood pressure is creeping in... Oh I'm 24. I know this Vsg is my tool. It's all I have left. I've done and tried everything. Of course I have emotional connection to food, but, I do feel like my body has never told me "no" before and it finally will. I never feel full and keep eating so I know this tool is right for me.

I'm having surgery at Emory John's Creek in Alpharetta Ga with Dr. Khan. Please send good vibes or pray for the surgery and my healing and the surgeons hands.

HW: 274

CW: 264

GW: 160 or just... Healthy.

I can do this I can do this I can do this. I backed out once.

Today is all liquids. It's the only pre op diet I have. I just don't want any complications.

Thanks for reading. Here we go. I don't think I'll stop thinking about it today.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations on this journey you are about to go on! I'm almost 8 months post op and have been so happy with my sleeve. Zero regrets! My HW was 260, SW 235 and CW 166. I know it's a little scary but you'll be fine. Just follow your doctors orders and use common sense. And just remember, it's a tool not a miracle. Prayers for you tomorrow and speedy healing!!

I go in on the 4th. I have Dr. Stetler at Emory Midtown, but the surgery is at St. Joseph's. I am on my 5th day of pre-op liquid and my mind is mush. I am also having incredibly anxiety today.

It sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm a little older, but I have a 16 month and a loving wife at home that are my inspiration.

I don't think there are any words that are going to relieve our worries, but we are in great hands. I wish you the absolute best and and easy recovery. You've got this.

Congrats on tomorrow! I am 7 days out and feeling good. Each day get better than the last. Just remember to take it slow, walk as much as you can and sip that Water. You got this!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You CAN do it!! Sending good thoughts your way for a speedy and well recovery. Im almost 2 months into my journey and while I went through a period of regrets I know this was the best decision for ME.