Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got the green light from both evaluations next step is starting my 6 week classes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congrats! I wish all Kaisers had the same process! Haha. My orientation isn't until next week on the 11th. Options classes start in September, but ours in So. Cal. are 12 weeks long. I don't know for sure but I think I might have to do a diet plan thru WW since I don't have any MSWL on record. I emailed the RN and she said they would be happy to answer any questions at the orientation lol, so I got no answers but it's okay cause I can wait a week. I wonder how fast you'll get your surgery date after the classes? Do you have to do a MSWL program? And do you have a required sleep study? JW Lol. I'm rambling, CONGRATS!
Time will fly. 12 weeks go like nothing. You'll go over Vitamins, post op, Protein and meal planning. It was also very beneficial and kinda therapeutic. You'll do blood work, urine, stool, xray.. I had to do ekg too. It's so quick with Kaiser to knock em all down. Surgery is quick after but if you're diabetic you have to lower you sugar to a 7.0 or less. I took classes in panorama city, lost health care cause of Obama care and now I did them in antelope valley. I'm a drive 70 miles to the West Los Angeles Kaiser on Cadillac, nurses from both panorama and Lancaster told me it's the best just wanted to share

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Well hello all! I survived!! Surgery was on 11/29 and I'm 4 days post op! I woke up this morning feeling about 80%! Still have a drain tube and walking pretty slow but I can lay down and on my sides. And my back pain finally went away! Can't wait for Tuesday I get to have oatmeal and mashed potatoes! Lol

Congrats! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Yes super congrats to you! Glad to hear everything went well. I have my last class this Thursday so surgery will likely be at the end of Jan. In the meantime I look forward to hearing how well things are going.

Omg I meet with my surgeon on Thursday for my preop appointment!! I am nervous yet excited. It just so happens they scheduled me with the same surgeon my next door neighbor had her surgery with. She went in for her preop and he liked what her charts said and how much weight she had lost and scheduled her for surgery the very next day! What!!! Although I wouldn't mind the same quickness, I am hoping for the week right after Christmas. Whatever he has, I will take it!!

I wish I had good news!! Long story short...appeal Kaiser's 24 weeks in San Diego program. Reasoning is the OC is only required 12 weeks. I did 12 weeks much to my dismay as the entire class was like a bad sorority meeting weekly and I had also lost my job. Appeal was approved and basically Positive Choices BS'd me and sent me to Pacific Baritriatric knowing full well that the surgeons would make me finish the whole classes. Waited 5 weeks to get the surgery consult and in the mean time was told I could not continue the classes until the surgeon decided when they knew full well that the surgeon would would say return to classes. Pacific Bariatric is a mess!! They are unorganized; rude; condisending; they forgot to give the surgeon the notes about my appeal so I started to leave there thinking I was moving forward when the doctor didn't even know he had to appove my appeal!!! Basically the office staff is punishing me because I appealed. The doctors reasoning is that Kaisers long program is successful. So I said "you see multiple patients with all different kinds of insurance correct"? he said "yes that is correct". "so are you saying that all the other patients you see don't have the same success rate as the Kaiser patients because we have to wait a year?" Or rather, "that the Orange county Kaiser patients are less successful than the San Diego Patients even though they cover the same exact material in 1/2 the time?" I left in tears...I swear I wanted to slap the girls at the front. It was really ugly how they were basically treating me like I was cheating on a test or something. I was being punished because I exercised my rights to the same level of care as the people kaiser patients that live to the north of me!!! I am so upset!! I was soooooo excited thinking I may be able to change my life soon all to be let down and told I have to attend a class of bickering nasty women in order to get the care I need. It just makes no sense to me!!!!

I wish I had good news!! Long story short...appeal Kaiser's 24 weeks in San Diego program. Reasoning is the OC is only required 12 weeks. I did 12 weeks much to my dismay as the entire class was like a bad sorority meeting weekly and I had also lost my job. Appeal was approved and basically Positive Choices BS'd me and sent me to Pacific Baritriatric knowing full well that the surgeons would make me finish the whole classes. Waited 5 weeks to get the surgery consult and in the mean time was told I could not continue the classes until the surgeon decided when they knew full well that the surgeon would would say return to classes. Pacific Bariatric is a mess!! They are unorganized; rude; condisending; they forgot to give the surgeon the notes about my appeal so I started to leave there thinking I was moving forward when the doctor didn't even know he had to appove my appeal!!! Basically the office staff is punishing me because I appealed. The doctors reasoning is that Kaisers long program is successful. So I said "you see multiple patients with all different kinds of insurance correct"? he said "yes that is correct". "so are you saying that all the other patients you see don't have the same success rate as the Kaiser patients because we have to wait a year?" Or rather, "that the Orange county Kaiser patients are less successful than the San Diego Patients even though they cover the same exact material in 1/2 the time?" I left in tears...I swear I wanted to slap the girls at the front. It was really ugly how they were basically treating me like I was cheating on a test or something. I was being punished because I exercised my rights to the same level of care as the people kaiser patients that live to the north of me!!! I am so upset!! I was soooooo excited thinking I may be able to change my life soon all to be let down and told I have to attend a class of bickering nasty women in order to get the care I need. It just makes no sense to me!!!!

Yikes that sucks! Would you have the ability to take the classes in Orange County? I mean if you have to redo the course, you might as well see if you can do it in a shorter period of time. Sorry this happened to you.

Thanks for your support. I just called them and basically it would be starting over. I am so mad today. I feel like yesterday there was some hope for a change in my life. Basically I am a care taker I have always put others needs before mine. I have been taking care of kids and a husband my whole life. Yesterday I finally felt worthy of something great for myself; i worked hard and put myself before anyone else and then I get knocked down - I lost my job and now this!! I am so upset today!!

Thanks for your support. I just called them and basically it would be starting over. I am so mad today. I feel like yesterday there was some hope for a change in my life. Basically I am a care taker I have always put others needs before mine. I have been taking care of kids and a husband my whole life. Yesterday I finally felt worthy of something great for myself; i worked hard and put myself before anyone else and then I get knocked down - I lost my job and now this!! I am so upset today!!

I understand you're upset. I would be furious. This isn't the end though. You are still here, so unless today is your last day on earth, don't give up! You are worthy of this and you are worthy of doing this for yourself. You will get your surgery, dust yourself off and keep going, because you are definitely worth it.

Well everyone today is 3 weeks since RNY...and I'm only down 11 lbs since surgery...27 altogether. So not horrible but I'm definitely losing way slow!! It's kind of a bummer some days...how is everyone else doing lately?

Wow 3 weeks already! Don't be too hard on yourself. I hear stalks are common. I had my consultation last week with Bolanowski. She scheduled me for Jan 23rd so I'll be joining you guys pretty soon.