Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

emme.vee please message me

I'm also going to kaiser Richmond. Orientation July 14, got to goal quickly, all dr's and nurses consults and 4 weeks of classes plus one support group done. Surgery in 5 days (RNY) on September 19, 2016!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That is really awesome! Congratulations!!!
Please message me emme

Just did!

Dymeond I felt the same way about Terry. I was told it could take 4 months for surgery as well but at the first options class they said surgery is typically 6 weeks after the last class. My last class is October 6th so it should be around the middle to end of November!

Wow! I am getting so excited for you! How have the classes been? You are almost done. My weight has stalled for like a month since my last visit so I rescheduled to Oct 11. Hopefully the scale has started moving again but I'm not doing this weeks weigh until the weekend.

The classes I feel are too long for what little they teach you. We have more of a group discussion than anything. I have been doing a Protein shake in the morning and trying to make it to lunch before I eat again to kinda prepare for the pre op diet. I've lost 8 lbs so it's going good I guess

I have Kaiser and live in Coachella Valley but having my surgery in San Bernardino . It has taken me a year to get a surgery date! I went to the surgeon this week at Kaiser Redlands Dr. FEDORKA. My surgery isn't until January 2017. I started the process last September. Kaiser is backlogged . The surgeon said they have hundreds of patients . I'm so frustrated by how slow it has been. My suggestion is do everything they ask and start losing weight . If you don't comply they are glad to have you wait. Go to every class and appointment .

Sent from my SM-T230NU using the BariatricPal App

Just got the green light from both evaluations next step is starting my 6 week classes!!!

Congrats! I wish all Kaisers had the same process! Haha. My orientation isn't until next week on the 11th. Options classes start in September, but ours in So. Cal. are 12 weeks long. I don't know for sure but I think I might have to do a diet plan thru WW since I don't have any MSWL on record. I emailed the RN and she said they would be happy to answer any questions at the orientation lol, so I got no answers but it's okay cause I can wait a week. I wonder how fast you'll get your surgery date after the classes? Do you have to do a MSWL program? And do you have a required sleep study? JW Lol. I'm rambling, CONGRATS!
I ended my classes in June and just got my surgery date for January 2017. This week I met the surgeon and he said they have hundreds of patients. Just go to every class and lose weight and it will go faster. Good luck

Sent from my SM-T230NU using the BariatricPal App

The classes I feel are too long for what little they teach you. We have more of a group discussion than anything. I have been doing a Protein shake in the morning and trying to make it to lunch before I eat again to kinda prepare for the pre op diet. I've lost 8 lbs so it's going good I guess

Great job on the weight loss! That's pretty awesome. I've been trying to do little things to prepare as well so it won't be as painful for me when the time comes. Too bad the classes are repetitive. It's likely they use fillers to slow the timeline down in case it ever becomes too busy. Since your last class is today it will be interesting to see how soon you hear back from the surgeon's office. Do you know when the next class starts? I go on Tuesday for follow up and really hope I can start the next one. I was stalled for an entire month then suddenly I dropped 7lbs this last week, though I will admit the inches I lost through the stall are insane! We are so close now. One of the ladies that works at the Kaiser Franklin information center had the surgery last year and told me she heard back about 3 weeks after her classes and surgery happened about 3 weeks after that. You have a really good chance of late Nov/ early Dec date. I'm hoping for the new year at best. I'm assigned to Dr. Bolanowski and have only heard great things about her.

Yes I've heard good things about her too! Yes that's about the time frame jenelle our nutritionist has given us. I won't know what surgeon I have until they call for the consultation. They have said that Dr. Bolanowski sends all her patients home with a drain tube...and I'm not too fond of that idea so I'm hoping for the other surgeon lol. But I'll just be glad to get a surgery date!!!

Yes the date is definitely what matters. I have mixed feelings about the drain. Some of the most reputable surgeons think it's necessary to eliminate infections. It just seems gross but I'll have to do more research about it either way. Please keep me posted on your consultation!

Edited by Dymeond

Hello everyone, I'm a Kaiser member to, I've been done with my classes since December 2015, my a1c level was 8.9 need to drop it to 8.0 or under... I got it down to 8.1..... Do anyone have any suggestions.

Go vegan as much as you can, I did turkey sausage, meat, patties, links but all turkey or chicken. No bread or tortillas. No sweets like Cookies. Do it for like 3 months. I love sweets, I got my A1c down to 7.0. Minimal exercise too cause my back (disk) kicks my butt. Veggies, fruit as Snacks helped satisfy my sweet tooth. But try to exercise, I got my sugar on check but didn't lose weight. Guess I over did

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Hey y'all!!! Just got the phone call for my consultation with the surgeon!! I go this Wednesday!!!

Wow krystalb4rny! That was fast! I'm certainly rooting for you. Have my appt this afternoon so really hope I get the go ahead to start the next class.

And yeah I couldn't imagine having 12 week and definitely not 6 months of classes required for some of the CA Kaiser locations. Colorado likely takes less time because it is statistically one of the leanest states which leads me to believe there are less ppl in the surgery line and much less population in comparison to CA overall. However I suspect if the population continues to grow as fast as it has over the last few years we could be in trouble too.