Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, guess I am not getting surgery. I cant seem to lose the 15 pounds molina wants me to lose. I dont know what the problem is. Maybe my thyroid. If I could lose the 15 pounds, I would keep doing it over and over. Isn't this why Ian having surgery??? Because I can't lose the weight on my own?? Sorry, had to vent. I am so frustrated

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

What have you been trying? I've been supposed to lose 10lbs since January but gained 10lbs instead. I have been trying everything I could think of since April and I finally think I have it right. I've lost 6lbs in 3 weeks. Here's what's working for me.

Following my nutritionist's program with some adjustment:

60+gms of Protein, then veggies. I can't do the carbs, I just don't lose if I do. I'm trying to keep carbs under 50gms, all fruit and veggies.

64 ounces of fluids. No carbonation, no alcohol, no caloric drinks.

1000 calories a day or less. My program says 1200 but I just can't lose on 1200. Believe me 1000 calories is not much food. I'm hungry all the time but I just drink Water until my next meal.

I can't exercise much due to my arthritis but I added a chair yoga class and an arthritis-focused Water aerobics class and I'm trying to increase my average daily steps to 5000 (from 3000).

Here's a day's menu:

Breakfast- shake with a scoop of chocolate Designer whey and 1T PB2 (defatted Peanut Butter powder), 4 strawberries.

Snack- half of a Nugo Slim Protein Bar

lunch - 1oz of tofu, 1oz of almonds and cashews, half a cucumber, a few bell pepper slices

Snack- 1/4 apple with 1 teaspoon almond butter

dinner - Same shake as above with 1/2 a frozen banana, a green salad with homemade low cal, low carb dressing.

snack - my special treat- 1/2 of a homemade chocolate Peanut Butter cup made with stevia, cocoa, Protein powder, peanut butter and coconut oil. This is 115 of my calories per day but it's worth it as it keeps me from feeling deprived.

Hope you can find a way too.

Hey sweetie I'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble losing the 15 lbs. I'm on day 2 of my new diet since I waited till after my bday to start. I wanted a piece of cake lol I am also having to break down and buy a new scale cause I'm pretty sure mine moooo'd at me when it read Error. I agree with katiecem time to cut the carbs way back. No soda no junk no bread no Pasta no potatoes no corn watch the fruit you eat they have alot of carbs. Nothing overly processed. Here is what my day today looked like.

B: Premier Protein shake 5g carbs

S1: 4oz cheddar cheese 4oz 99%lean turkey. 0g carbs

L: 1/2 c sloppy joes with cheese on top and 3 waffle fries(baked)

17.5g carbs (I know I was bad)

S2: 2 large hard boiled eggs 1.12g carbs

D: 2c spinach raw with broccoli slaw shreds raw 2oz shred cheese 4oz beef fajita meat 9.18g carbs

Which comes to 32.8g of carbs for the day. And still leaves plenty of room for another shake after dinner if I need something on my way home from work.today also comes in well below my 1800 calorie mark I set for my self. To drink I drink unsweetened tea or Water and when I need some flavor I add a pack of propel zero to my Water no calories no carbs no aspartame! Also for a sweet treat i eat sugar free popcicles or sugar free Jello.they have 2g of carbs each. Today is only day two for me tho and im feeling it. Tired and just kinda blah. Im hoping this feeling will pass when i can kick all the cravings.Let me know if you want to talk more :) hope this helps some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

post-294159-14698544581679_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kyn13. I appreciate the support so much. I like the idea of the turkey and cheese. I am going to try that. I am an emotional eater and it helps me sleep at night. Yesterday, I did good and went to bed. I kept waking up. I guess food soothes me in so many ways. Thanks again and talk to you soon. Going to try to get to bed now and see what happens

Im going through pre op and my insurance is molina as well. They never told me how much to lose but when i first started this all i was 325. I then weighed in at 370, Wednesday i weighes in at 331 and now im back up to 335 maybe Water weight? Its like i cant get under the 330's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

@@northstar9148, have you thought about taking some natural sleep aid? I'm guessing you probably have but in case you haven't, once in a while I take half a melatonin or Benadryl or Tylenol PM (last two not so natural lol). But my son sometimes drinks sleepy time tea if he can't fall asleep and he's also drank valerian root tea (smells kinda nasty ). Idk just some ideas. I have a hard time sleeping period. I'm really wondering if I have sleep apnea but I have no way of knowing. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well, guess I am not getting surgery. I cant seem to lose the 15 pounds molina wants me to lose. I dont know what the problem is. Maybe my thyroid. If I could lose the 15 pounds, I would keep doing it over and over. Isn't this why Ian having surgery??? Because I can't lose the weight on my own?? Sorry, had to vent. I am so frustrated

I am going through the EXACT same thing. I cannot seem to stay focused enough to lose the weight. The pre op diet they put me on has me soooooooo hungry throughout the night that I end up eating in the middle of the night. Ugh..so frustrating

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Audaciousmarie, I know, I think it's too low calorie. It's like we need to work down to that. Can't go from the amount of calories I am consuming down to what they say. There is no Counseling for emotional eaters. It's in our head, not our stomache

Audaciousmarie, I know, I think it's too low calorie. It's like we need to work down to that. Can't go from the amount of calories I am consuming down to what they say. There is no Counseling for emotional eaters. It's in our head, not our stomache

That is so true (finally someone who understands me lol). I tried talking to the Dietician at my program and all she can tell me is to spread the calories throughout the day (6 meals instead of 3 meals) and to focus on Protein (I understand that but protein is not always super satiating like they say imo). Everyone I have encountered at my program who had the surgery basically admits to starving themselves to get the initial weight off (the calorie deficit is too drastic). I wholeheartedly admit that I am an emotional eater and stress is a trigger to overeat for me. *Deep sigh* it really is a mental and physical battle.

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Did they do the MedGem assessment with you?

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Kyn13, where did you get the food diary?

It's called fat secret and I got it in my play store it's an app. Now as far as being able to drop the calories, ur right it's all in our heads. So what I do is I eat till I'm full but I try to make those the best choices I can to begin with. Like today I was running uber later got 3 hrs of sleep and had no time to cook. So I stopped at hardies to get me a couple of burgers but I altered them no bun, no Condiments no fries and no soda. Just two burgers with bacon and cheese. I'm full atm and that will prolly last 3 ish hrs. So when I start feeling hungry again the first thing I do is see how long it's been since I last ate, and if I have any food with me, cause some times it's time for my second snack and I realize I ate it with my first snack. Anyway then I drink a glass of Water, sometimes ur body saying it needs more water will feel like hunger. If that then doesn't work and it's either not time for me to eat or I don't have food or I don't have time I chew a piece of gum. I've found especially since I work in a hospital 12 hr shifts I don't always find time to eat. And gum helps me not feel hungry. You have to start somewhere or you're never gonna get there. Baby steps. Or you can do like I did make ur boy friend clean out ur junk stash for work and go spend the $150 in groceries and just force ur self to do it. I also find that if I don't right everything down I cheat. So even if I cheat I write it down. I feel like utter crud when I cheat. But it keeps me honest and hopefully from slipping up too far.

Hey northstar9148 I'm part of a low carb support group on fb and I'm pretty sure I can get you added if you need or want the extra help getting started they are fabulous about answering questions