Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When there are donuts, cookies, and brownies in the office...

Looking at this progress pic makes the apples and string cheese I am eating taste just as good!!

post-257349-14689454638783_thumb.jpg

Awww... look how beautiful you are!

Amazing!!! You look just AMAZING!!! Yeah I often find myself in those kinds of situations. My office is very famous for sending out (what seems like) a daily e-mail about cake, Cookies, cheese cake or some other very yummy goodie in the break room. I have taught myself to just avoid the break room at all cost and eat lunch at my desk. However, I wish there was some way I could also remove myself from the company wide e-mail blasts about food (it all just sounds so good), but not be removed from actual company updates. HAHA. Wishful thinking. Also, going out to lunch as a department has also been something I have had to face. I work in a large department and for birthdays, or new hires, retirements etc. our boss takes everyone out to lunch on the house and we are expected to attend as part of the team. I have learned the healthiest options at each of our norms, but it is so hard sometimes to eat my cup of chicken tortilla Soup (sans tortilla strips) while everyone else is bingeing on chips, dip, and enchiladas. I will have to get me some good ol' progression photos like that and look at them right before our next departmental lunch! ;) That has probably been the hardest part for me about this whole journey. Eating has always been a huge part of my social life. Go on a date... go to dinner. Happy hour with friend... drinks and dinner. Bonding with co-workers and bosses.... Go to lunch. Having people over… potluck. I have been trying hard to curb that behavior, remain my social self, but also fit that social self into my new healthier lifestyle. Has anyone else experienced this social breakdown due to unhealthy foods and bingeing being removed from your life? If so, how have your dealt with that?

I was warned about the social eating issues after sleeve. I try to shift my focus to PEOPLE rather than food. Meet someone new... Chat with someone who seems alone...

Sent from my LGMS345 using the BariatricPal App

keep strong ladies! those yummy treats may taste good when you eat them, the flavor fades away in mere seconds and you are left internally with calories that are far more harmful than that flavor was worth. you all are looking amazing so keep on rolling along with what your doing because its obviously working!!

Amazing!!! You look just AMAZING!!! Yeah I often find myself in those kinds of situations. My office is very famous for sending out (what seems like) a daily e-mail about cake, Cookies, cheese cake or some other very yummy goodie in the break room. I have taught myself to just avoid the break room at all cost and eat lunch at my desk. However, I wish there was some way I could also remove myself from the company wide e-mail blasts about food (it all just sounds so good), but not be removed from actual company updates. HAHA. Wishful thinking. Also, going out to lunch as a department has also been something I have had to face. I work in a large department and for birthdays, or new hires, retirements etc. our boss takes everyone out to lunch on the house and we are expected to attend as part of the team. I have learned the healthiest options at each of our norms, but it is so hard sometimes to eat my cup of chicken tortilla Soup (sans tortilla strips) while everyone else is bingeing on chips, dip, and enchiladas. I will have to get me some good ol' progression photos like that and look at them right before our next departmental lunch! ;) That has probably been the hardest part for me about this whole journey. Eating has always been a huge part of my social life. Go on a date... go to dinner. Happy hour with friend... drinks and dinner. Bonding with co-workers and bosses.... Go to lunch. Having people over… potluck. I have been trying hard to curb that behavior, remain my social self, but also fit that social self into my new healthier lifestyle. Has anyone else experienced this social breakdown due to unhealthy foods and bingeing being removed from your life? If so, how have your dealt with that?

My office is terrible with unhealthy foods. Every week there is something. Someone is leaving so they order pizza, someone is getting a promotion so they got donuts and Bagels, someone is having a baby so they are having "taco Tuesday". Last week was Nation strawberry day, so they gave everyone strawberry shortcake with chocolate glaze. They also had SMORES day last week, and today they got glazed donuts!!

Its insane. I do usually avoid the breakroom. Usually if the person next to me is eating something though I get a little antsy about it. At that point I just eat the lunch I brought. Occasionally i'll eat something small that isn't too terrible (not a donut, but maybe a wrap or something)

Basically the best thing I can tell you is that if am craving something badly, I go fill up on four ounces of Protein immediately...I don't feel hungry and feel full so it helps the cravings

Funny timing. I was offered birthday cake 3 separate times today (3 different people stopped by). One of the times they actually brought a slice into my office and set it on my desk.

It's all done with the best of intentions though. It's not their fault I was morbidly obese and am going through all this.

One good thing is most of my immediate co-workers know I had the sleeve and are being super supportive, but I didn't tell everyone in the company. though at times I wish I could send a company wide e-blast that says,"no I don't want your Cookies, no I'm not trying to be rude, yes it does look amazing, yes that is all I'm eating for lunch, no I didn't turn anorexic over night..." So on and so forth... But normally I just say, "oh thank you for offering, but I'm not hungry... No seriously I'm good, but thanks, no really I know I usually eat 5, but I'm really ok.....I'm on a diet..." It's not their fault. They are used to me being the way I was so, it's strange to them. Then I'll have my co-worker who will say, "oh she just had weight loss surgery" as to explain for me why I'm not diving in..." So at this rate everyone will know soon enough haha!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App